1. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 00:551 edit
    I just received my dvd from Foxy Openings called, Annoying d-Pawn Openings Kinda has a nice ring to it. 😡

I'm gonna memorize every move in this video and I'll be ready for you... all of you annoying d-pawn players. 😏

What do you use against annoying d-pawn players?
  2. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 01:02
    Originally posted by arrakis
    I just received my dvd from Foxy Openings called, [b]Annoying d-Pawn Openings Kinda has a nice ring to it. 😡

I'm gonna memorize every move in this video and I'll be ready for you... all of you annoying d-pawn players. 😏

What do you use against annoying d-pawn players?[/b]
    Benko, although its equally annoying to see sissy second moves like 2.Nf3.
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 01:05
    I play the dutch in the hope that my opponent doesn't know it either.
  4. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 01:06
    Originally posted by Bedlam
    Benko, although its equally annoying to see sissy second moves like 2.Nf3.
    Oh god, 2.Nf3 and 2.Nc3 are almost enough to make me fall asleep while playing.

Benko as well - but I'm still not sure I'm going to stick with it - it's just so hard to find a "fun" response with black.
  5. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 01:09
    Indeed, if you want to give them a pawn they should shut up and damn well accept it. Pishy 1.d4 players! πŸ˜›
  6. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeΒ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 01:141 edit
    Maybe it's annoying but still pretty solid...........
  7. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 01:16
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Maybe it's annoying but still pretty solid...........
    If equality is all you're aiming for, I on the other hand go all out. πŸ˜€
  8. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 02:15
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Oh god, 2.Nf3 and 2.Nc3 are almost enough to make me fall asleep while playing.

Benko as well - but I'm still not sure I'm going to stick with it - it's just so hard to find a "fun" response with black.
    awww, cms doesnt enjoy the strategical amusement of positional games???

I've grown to accept, 1. d4 d5 games (though i still meet 1. d4 with Nf6) and don't really mind the lack of overall excitement (of course, as a Dragon player, cms wouldn't understand that...πŸ˜‰)
  9. Standard memberMathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    leΓΆlΓ©s ellenfeleim
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 03:09
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................................
  10. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 03:42
    Originally posted by Mathurine
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................................
    Deep......
  11. Standard memberpawnfondler
    no edits
    Behind you
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 03:45
    Originally posted by arrakis
    I just received my dvd from Foxy Openings called, [b]Annoying d-Pawn Openings Kinda has a nice ring to it. 😡

What do you use against annoying d-pawn players?[/b]
    you know i keep trying to learn about the d opening and am experimenting with it, ive watched a butt load of spasskys games and he usually leads d4 followed by c4 followed by knight f3 which is where i get lost in the positioning.
    i pretty much only use it when i watch my opponents games and all i see is when there white e4,e4,e4,e4,e4,e4,e4,e4,e4,e4,e4,e4,e4 so i think lets throw em off there comfort zone. Sadly though at first opportunity after 2 or 3 moves i go e4 again to get comfortable as well πŸ˜•
  12. Standard memberpawnfondler
    no edits
    Behind you
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 04:25
    which is one thing im curious about. Do any of you guys watch a few opponents games before you initiate first move to kinda figure out where they are comfortable and throw them out of that?
  13. London
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 09:24
    Originally posted by YUG0slav
    awww, cms doesnt enjoy the strategical amusement of positional games???

I've grown to accept, 1. d4 d5 games (though i still meet 1. d4 with Nf6) and don't really mind the lack of overall excitement (of course, as a Dragon player, cms wouldn't understand that...πŸ˜‰)
    I've recently taken up 1.d4 and I love the response 1...nf6 as this give me a chance to play 2. Bg5 entering the Trompowsky - never a dull game IMHO
  14. London
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 09:30
    Yes. I usually have a quick look through a couple of my new opponents games to see if there's an opening they like to play - but I won't automatically avoid that line - I'd be quite happy if it's a line that I'm studying. I do roughly prioritise games in terms of how much time I spend on them. If my new opponent seems a bit reckless/adventerous then I might just go right along with them and see what happens. There's no precise plan but sometimes what I pick up from looking quickly at their games will influence my choices.
  15. Standard memberpawnfondler
    no edits
    Behind you
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 09:35
    Originally posted by Mahout
    Yes. I usually have a quick look through a couple of my new opponents games to see if there's an opening they like to play - but I won't automatically avoid that line - I'd be quite happy if it's a line that I'm studying. I do roughly prioritise games in terms of how much time I spend on them. If my new opponent seems a bit reckless/adventerous then I mig ...[text shortened]... ut sometimes what I pick up from looking quickly at their games will influence my choices.
    clearly im spending to much time on my games. could be why im so overwhelmed at the fact i got 21 games staring me down at the moment. I was like 6??!! bring me more!! now im like, man.... more moves? man........

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree