1. SubscriberZorroTheFox
    MAP since 090214!
    Round Rock, TX
    Moves
    10 Sep '22 22:21
    @Schlecter
    Basically, I follow a routine that keeps me from being timed out. Since I am a Blitz player (5 minute chess), I believe I average about 30 seconds per move. Of course, I make blunders but I do have some good games against higher rated players which I have listed some in my profile. Chess is my way to relax and keep my brain active, at least that is what I think that what is happening!
  2. SubscriberZorroTheFox
    MAP since 090214!
    Round Rock, TX
    Moves
    18 Oct '22 21:20
    @divegeester Like anything else, you pace yourself. Since chess is relaxing to me as for others there is football, baseball, going to bars, watching soaps, etc. I rather play chess for a few bucks a year! Plus, you get to meet many chess advocates who enjoy the Royal Game! So, I have established a routine where I do not lose on time and make many moves within a 12 hour period. Take care and play more chess!
  3. SubscriberZorroTheFox
    MAP since 090214!
    Round Rock, TX
    Moves
    18 Oct '22 21:24
    @venda Actually, I spend about a minimum of 5 hours between honey do chores and other commitments. Many think I am crazy but I believe I am sane! Plus, I enjoy over-the-board tournaments. I am not doing as many as I have done in the past.
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    19 Oct '22 13:16
    @zorrothefox said
    @venda Actually, I spend about a minimum of 5 hours between honey do chores and other commitments. Many think I am crazy but I believe I am sane! Plus, I enjoy over-the-board tournaments. I am not doing as many as I have done in the past.
    I certainly don't think you are crazy.
    Lots of people ,especially when they are retired ,spend hours each day on their hobbies.
    Chess is a good way to keep one's mind focused and I wish you all the best.
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Oct '22 15:32
    @venda said
    I certainly don't think you are crazy.
    Lots of people ,especially when they are retired ,spend hours each day on their hobbies.
    Chess is a good way to keep one's mind focused and I wish you all the best.
    I'd call Zorro completely bonkers... but I've spent half the day entering French Baroque opera music into my computer, so I don't really have a leg to stand on, do I?

As you say, a man needs a hobby, lest a woman drives him crazy.
  6. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    19 Oct '22 16:00
    Zorro is indeed crazy, but the good kind of crazy!

Zorro, what is your OTB rating?
    I imagine it will be higher than on here, as you will surely spend much more time on each move.
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '22 16:45
    @64squaresofpain said
    Zorro is indeed crazy, but the good kind of crazy!

Zorro, what is your OTB rating?
    I imagine it will be higher than on here, as you will surely spend much more time on each move.
    That's the impressive part, anyone can start a bunch of games and reach 2 million odd moves but too keep a competitive rating while doing it?
  8. SubscriberZorroTheFox
    MAP since 090214!
    Round Rock, TX
    Moves
    13 Nov '22 02:21
    @venda. Chess is relaxing to me!
  9. SubscriberZorroTheFox
    MAP since 090214!
    Round Rock, TX
    Moves
    13 Nov '22 02:22
    @64squaresofpain. My OTB rating is around 1600. There are too many good players on this site! You, of course, are among them!
  10. SubscriberZorroTheFox
    MAP since 090214!
    Round Rock, TX
    Moves
    13 Nov '22 02:28
    @Trev33. Actually, as long I have been on this site, I follow a routine each time avoiding a loss of a game on time. Once I developed this routine, I hardly ever lose a game on time. Being on this site about 3 or more times a day avoids me losing on time. According to the stats, I lost "259 games" out of overall "64462 games" at this time. So, my percentage in losing on time is low.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree