1. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 03:57
    Originally posted by Lone Knight
    Ladies undergarment? Knickers? Bra?
    Correct again.... ladies' undergarment is the answer.
  2. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 03:59
    Now this one is a bit indirect:

EARTH
    -------
    72 IN
  3. Joined
    25 Nov '06
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 13:52
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    YOTHORNURSIDE
    😉
    Thorn in your Side
  4. Joined
    25 Nov '06
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 13:55
    Originally posted by Alethia
    For these I advise saying them out loud (not the clue, the first...)
    1) HOUDOCTORSE
    2) AHORRIDESE
    3) PU
    4) PINPRETTYK

Clues;
    1) Famous line!
    2) Pronunciation is important here..
    3) Try one of my earlier ones...
    4) You shouldn't need one.
    And try:

5) YOURFIREBELLY
    6) DOOIAMRS
    7) LEARN------------>SPEAK

I am creating a database of these!
  5. Joined
    19 Jul '05
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 01:41
    For these I advise saying them out loud (not the clue, the first...)
    1) HOUDOCTORSE
    2) AHORRIDESE
    3) PU
    4) PINPRETTYK

Clues;
    1) Famous line!
    2) Pronunciation is important here..
    3) Try one of my earlier ones...
    4) You shouldn't need one.
    1) Doctor in the house
    2) Ride in a horse?
    3) Backup
    4) Pretty in pink

Didn't need a clue for any.
  6. Joined
    19 Jul '05
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 01:41
    And try:

5) YOURFIREBELLY
    6) DOOIAMRS
    7) LEARN------------>SPEAK

I am creating a database of these!
    5) Fire in your belly
    6) I am indoors
    7) Learn to speak
  7. Joined
    19 Jul '05
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 01:44
    Rest in Peace.
    Huzzahs all round!
  8. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 02:52
    1) Doctor in the house
    2) Ride in a horse?
    3) Backup
    4) Pretty in pink

Didn't need a clue for any.
    I think what he had in mind was: INHOUSE DOCTOR

and A HORSERIDE (but in this second one, the question is wrongly set up)
  9. Joined
    19 Jul '05
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 03:09
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    I think what he had in mind was: INHOUSE DOCTOR

and A HORSERIDE (but in this second one, the question is wrongly set up)
    I prefer my answers, nonetheless. They make more sense to me!
  10. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 03:431 edit
    I prefer my answers, nonetheless. They make more sense to me!
    Well, English isn't my first language, and I didn't major in English, but I don't know if 'RIDE IN A HORSE' makes more sense than 'A HORSERIDE'.
  11. Joined
    19 Jul '05
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 03:53
    Well, English isn't my first language, and I didn't major in English, but I don't know if 'RIDE [b]IN A HORSE' makes more sense than 'A HORSERIDE'.[/b]
    Well, the phrase is:

AHORRIDESE

The world RIDE is embedded in AHORSE. Therefore, Ride in a horse! I would've said Ride ON a horse myself, but hey!

"Doctor in the House" is also a well known phrase. However, you say English isn't your first language, so major props regardless.
  12. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 04:05
    Well, the phrase is:

AHORRIDESE

The world RIDE is embedded in AHORSE. Therefore, Ride in a horse! I would've said Ride ON a horse myself, but hey!

"Doctor in the House" is also a well known phrase. However, you say English isn't your first language, so major props regardless.
    No, don't get me wrong. The way you solve is perfectly sensible. Indeed the word RIDE is found within the words A HORSE. Therefore, the phrase: RIDE IN A HORSE in view of the question, is one way of looking at it. But as a sentence, it makes no sense. That's why I suggested that perhaps the question was wrongly set up. Who knows, maybe the question-setter might have an explanation for it.

As far as DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE, I suppose that is acceptable; I didn't complain on this answer. But on the other hand, I think INHOUSE DOCTOR is also equally acceptable.
  13. Joined
    19 Jul '05
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 04:13
    No, don't get me wrong. The way you solve is perfectly sensible. Indeed the word RIDE is found within the words A HORSE. Therefore, the phrase: RIDE IN A HORSE in view of the question, is one way of looking at it. But as a sentence, it makes no sense. That's why I suggested that perhaps the question was wrongly set up. Who knows, maybe the question-setter m ...[text shortened]... ain on this answer. But on the other hand, I think INHOUSE DOCTOR is also equally acceptable.
    Believe me, I ain't fussed! But if A Horseride is correct, you're right, the question was set up wrong. Indeed, if Ride in a Horse is correct, the question was set up wrong too!

As for the other, Doctor in the House is a well known phrase to me, and Inhouse Doctor isn't at all. But yea, both are equally valid.

Anyway, Alethia can come here and tell us we're both wrong and give us some answer we never even thought of... 🙂
  14. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 04:25
    Believe me, I ain't fussed! But if A Horseride is correct, you're right, the question was set up wrong. Indeed, if Ride in a Horse is correct, the question was set up wrong too!

As for the other, Doctor in the House is a well known phrase to me, and Inhouse Doctor isn't at all. But yea, both are equally valid.

Anyway, Alethia can come here and tell us we're both wrong and give us some answer we never even thought of... 🙂
    Well, Alethia, now it's up to you!... hehehehe. Interestingly, the word 'INHOUSE', is being used quite frequently in this part of the world. It simply means that that particular person, is specially employed in a particular organization. For example, we have an inhouse lawyer in (the legal department of) a property construction firm. We can also say an inhouse doctor, in a timber camp. So that word 'INHOUSE' is commonly used in this context. But actually, the correct usage should come with hyphen, e.g. in-house.
  15. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 06:211 edit

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree