Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

1. Standard member wittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    17 Dec '06 22:19 / 1 edit
    Who can think of the shortest possible, grammatically correct which contains every letter of the alphabet?
  2. 17 Dec '06 23:29
    http://www.google.co.il/search?hl=iw&q=pangram&meta=
  3. Standard member wittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    18 Dec '06 00:19
    Or you can just look it up... :/
  4. 18 Dec '06 11:46
    The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog

Longer: jackdaws love my big sphinx of quartz
  5. 01 Feb '07 11:31 / 1 edit
    The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog ?

Surely "A quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" is shorter yet still gramatically correct.

"Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs" is the shortest I know of.
  6. Standard member Mathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    01 Feb '07 13:19
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Who can think of the [b]shortest possible, grammatically correct which contains every letter of the alphabet?[/b]
    cwm fjord bank glyphs vext quiz*

is the accepted shortest pangram, isn't it?

* Carved figures in a mountain hollow and on the bank of a fjord irritated an eccentric.

7. 04 Feb '07 22:59 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by ArnoldSideways
    The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog ?

Surely "A quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" is shorter yet still gramatically correct.

"Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs" is the shortest I know of.
    it may be gramatically correct but you're missing the t and the h! also, when have you ever heard this sentence spoken in conversation.... has a fox ever really jumped over a lazy dog... why would it... a fox is cunning, he would just walk round the lazy dog, what the point in jumping over him, why does the fox have to be quick, the dog is lazy, the dog's not gonna catch him, i dont get it
  8. 06 Feb '07 02:17
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    it may be gramatically correct but you're missing the t and the h! also, when have you ever heard this sentence spoken in conversation.... has a fox ever really jumped over a lazy dog... why would it... a fox is cunning, he would just walk round the lazy dog, what the point in jumping over him, why does the fox have to be quick, the dog is lazy, the dog's not gonna catch him, i dont get it
    missing t and h ?
    look a bit better
  9. 06 Feb '07 15:47
    Originally posted by sannevssr
    missing t and h ?
    look a bit better
    yes... my mistake! it was late!