bridge

bridge

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

J

Moves
07 Jul 06

Leave 1 jar behind.

SS

Moves
07 Jul 06
1 edit

E

Moves
07 Jul 06

you take two and come back for the last one then take that one.

T

Moves
07 Jul 06

Originally posted by thechessguy
You are a doctor that works in the amazon. you have three glass jars containing medicine each jar weighs 1 pound. and in front of you there is a bridge that can hold 100 pounds, if you can only walk across once and you weigh 98 pounds how do you get across.
i was gonna say take a dump so u weigh at most 97 lbs but i guess that wasnt it

s

Moves
10 Jul 06

Originally posted by JYD
Leave 1 jar behind.
i agree with JYD

h

Moves
10 Jul 06

Originally posted by thechessguy
You are a doctor that works in the amazon. you have three glass jars containing medicine each jar weighs 1 pound. and in front of you there is a bridge that can hold 100 pounds, if you can only walk across once and you weigh 98 pounds how do you get across.
get the people on the other side who need medicine 2 walk over 1 at a time

Keeps

Shanghai

Moves
13 Jul 06

Cant you just take one jar at a time? Saves learning how to juggle

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
13 Jul 06
1 edit

Originally posted by deriver69
Cant you just take one jar at a time? Saves learning how to juggle
Exactly. What kind of bridge is this that just HAPPENS to have got to the stage where only one crossing is possible?

If I was the doctor in the question, I wouldn't be so stupid as to cross the bridge in the first place if I knew that I couldn't get back. Instead, I'd call out to the sick people on the other side and say "terribly sorry, but I've no wish to spend the rest of my days stranded in the Amazon, how about I come back tomorrow with someone who can fix this bridge?"

K
Critical Failure

Moves
18 Jul 06

I assume that we have encountered a bridge, inhabited by the Tropical Bridgelurker Ogre. As we all know, this particular type of ogre survives by building very fragile bridges during the day, with the purpose of eating them for dinner.

As we also know, these bridges - when served raw - are all-but indigestible for most Ogre species. The passing of exactly one pedestrian across the bridge will make it perfectly tender, while two passings will ruin the meal for the ogre.

However, Tropical Bridgelurker Ogres are reasonable creatures, with a profound liking for doctors. With that in mind, I assume that the ogre will agree to wait for a few seconds before eating the bridge. The doctor should then have plenty of time to cut a thin vine, tie it to the medicine and then drag the bottles over the bridge upon arrival on the other side.

Most tasks really are trivial, once properly prepared...