Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    18 Jan '18 01:31
    F * W F S * Q C S G T * I E E W * C S * X V O * Q O M * T A Y F I O * C S J V O T * E Q * V C T * Q F J O * Q E I * X V O * X I F C X T * E Q * F N N * V C T * F S J O T X E I T * ; Q E I * X V O * O L D I O T T C E S * E Q * F N N * V C T * V C T X E I B * , F S G * V C T * M F S X T .
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

    3 hints available on request.
  2. Standard member lemon lime
    blah blah blah
    18 Jan '18 03:25 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @kewpie
    F * W F S * Q C S G T * I E E W * C S * X V O * Q O M * T A Y F I O * C S J V O T * E Q * V C T * Q F J O * Q E I * X V O * X I F C X T * E Q * F N N * V C T * F S J O T X E I T * ; Q E I * X V O * O L D I O T T C E S * E Q * F N N * V C T * V C T X E I B * , F S G * V C T * M F S X T .
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

    3 hints available on request.
    I got it!

    A man finds room in the few inches of his face for the traits of all his ancestors; for the expression of all his history, and his wants.
  3. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    18 Jan '18 03:35
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    I got it!

    A man finds room in the few inches of his face for the traits of all his ancestors; for the expression of all his history, and his wants.
    Well done!
  4. Standard member lemon lime
    blah blah blah
    18 Jan '18 03:36
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    I got it!

    A man finds room in the few inches of his face for the traits of all his ancestors; for the expression of all his history, and his wants.
    Opps, I left out one word of it...
  5. Standard member lemon lime
    blah blah blah
    18 Jan '18 03:44 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by @kewpie
    Well done!
    Darn it, I'm stuck on T A Y F I O. It's S**ARE.

    brain freeze

    SQUARE!
  6. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    18 Jan '18 03:56
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    Darn it, I'm stuck on T A Y F I O. It's S**ARE.

    brain freeze
    Square?
  7. Standard member lemon lime
    blah blah blah
    18 Jan '18 04:02
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Square?
    Yep. I had to write down and look at the left over letters.
    It shouldn't have been all that hard to find... "the few square inches".
    Lol
  8. Standard member lemon lime
    blah blah blah
    19 Jan '18 00:02 / 2 edits
    UK • JDCXUTJ • CMCX • NJAACA • BRW • JA • J • PXCJW • SJWUBS • OC • BRPIW • WB • NRW • BS • BRX • WBDHAWBSC • JDCXUTJ • GUCG • KXBD • J • GCFRAUBS • AIC • IJG • DBXJF • FCJGCXAIUN.


    By the way, I don't know the answer or have any clues to offer.
  9. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    19 Jan '18 00:36 / 1 edit
    “If America ever passes out as a great nation, we ought to put on our tombstone: America died from a delusion she had Moral Leadership.”
    ―Will Rogers

    Once I had the solution, MrGoogle gave me the source.
    That was the best kind of cryptogram, a couple of obvious easy words right near the start. AMERICA and EVER/EVEN this time. I like PEOPLE, THAT and THERE too.
  10. Standard member lemon lime
    blah blah blah
    19 Jan '18 02:42 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @kewpie
    “If America ever passes out as a great nation, we ought to put on our tombstone: America died from a delusion she had Moral Leadership.”
    ―Will Rogers

    Once I had the solution, MrGoogle gave me the source.
    That was the best kind of cryptogram, a couple of obvious easy words right near the start. AMERICA and EVER/EVEN this time. I like PEOPLE, THAT and THERE too.
    This one had me stumped. The one you started with was much easier... I couldn't seem to get passed the letter J being either 'I' or 'a'.
  11. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    19 Jan '18 04:59
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    This one had me stumped. The one you started with was much easier... I couldn't seem to get passed the letter J being either 'I' or 'a'.
    Single letters are most likely A, because I requires first-person content. A*****A is a fairly obvious AMERICA. A repeated letter in a short word is a huge help, think EVER EVEN ALL OFF.
  12. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    19 Jan '18 05:05
    W O R * W P T R * U N R W * M X * D F F * W O R * W M I R * D * L M X M N J D P G * D J S * K O R W O R P * K M W O * B P M R J S X * N P * J N W , * D X * I T E O * D F N J R * D X * D * I D J * N J * O M X * S R D W O * C R S .
    ~ William Butler Yeats.

    The starting point in this one just has to be the DFF, which can't be OFF so must be ALL. Good luck!
  13. Standard member lemon lime
    blah blah blah
    19 Jan '18 05:53
    Originally posted by @kewpie
    W O R * W P T R * U N R W * M X * D F F * W O R * W M I R * D * L M X M N J D P G * D J S * K O R W O R P * K M W O * B P M R J S X * N P * J N W , * D X * I T E O * D F N J R * D X * D * I D J * N J * O M X * S R D W O * C R S .
    ~ William Butler Yeats.

    The starting point in this one just has to be the DFF, which can't be OFF so must be ALL. Good luck!
    "The true poet is all the time a visionary and whether with friends or not, as much alone as a man on his death bed."
  14. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    19 Jan '18 07:16
    Well done! Creating these things is hard work unless you have a cipher font. Have a go?
  15. Standard member lemon lime
    blah blah blah
    19 Jan '18 17:25
    Originally posted by @kewpie
    Well done! Creating these things is hard work unless you have a cipher font. Have a go?
    Don't have a cipher font, but I found a site that has cryptograms to solve. Not able to cut and paste the puzzles so must copy the cryptos by hand...

    https://www.cryptograms.org/play.php