Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    24 Mar '17 21:09
    1. It flies when queen is captured by bishop and rook. (6)

    2. Initially knight is not great piece! (4)

    3. One of eight points after useless pause. (4)
  2. 26 Mar '17 08:33
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    1. It flies when queen is captured by bishop and rook. (6)

    2. Initially knight is not great piece! (4)

    3. One of eight points after useless pause. (4)
    1. Banner
    2. King
    3. ? ....work in progress
  3. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    26 Mar '17 11:30
    Originally posted by michelleon
    1. Banner
    2. King
    3. ? ....work in progress
    2/3
    well done
  4. 26 Mar '17 21:36
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    2/3
    well done
    3. Tile ?
  5. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    27 Mar '17 05:03
    Originally posted by michelleon
    3. Tile ?
    No .... how did you get there?
  6. Subscriber deriver69
    Keeps
    27 Mar '17 05:22
    pawn?
  7. Subscriber deriver69
    Keeps
    27 Mar '17 05:23
    Originally posted by deriver69
    pawn?
    actually I am dropping the ?.

    Pawn
  8. 27 Mar '17 07:48
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    No .... how did you get there?
    Over thought it - (fu)tile / useless and it is eight on a scrabble board hence "tile"
  9. Subscriber deriver69
    Keeps
    27 Mar '17 07:55
    Originally posted by michelleon
    Over thought it - (fu)tile / useless and it is eight on a scrabble board hence "tile"
    I like that answer
  10. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    27 Mar '17 09:00
    Originally posted by michelleon
    Over thought it - (fu)tile / useless and it is eight on a scrabble board hence "tile"
    That's deep!
    Bonus points for you.

    But the answer is indeed PAWN.
  11. 28 Mar '17 07:36
    Any more ?
  12. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    28 Mar '17 08:21
    Originally posted by michelleon
    Any more ?
    4. Whisky and possibly pheasant starter. (6,4)

    5. I lost skier after the French World Champion. (6)

    6. Shakespeare gets nothing for battle field. (5)
  13. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    28 Mar '17 18:46
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    4. Whisky and possibly pheasant starter. (6,4)

    5. I lost skier after the French World Champion. (6)

    6. Shakespeare gets nothing for battle field. (5)
    I('m not graet at this but:-
    4. single malt -don't know why.
    5 -no adea
    6.Board -bard and 0(zero)
  14. 28 Mar '17 20:55 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    4. Whisky and possibly pheasant starter. (6,4)

    5. I lost skier after the French World Champion. (6)

    6. Shakespeare gets nothing for battle field. (5)
    4. Scotch Game
    5. Lasker
    6. Board

    More please, especially if they have a chess theme. .
  15. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    28 Mar '17 21:26
    Originally posted by michelleon
    4. Scotch Game
    5. Lasker
    6. Board

    More please, especially if they have a chess theme. .
    Yes. All correct.

    Too easy?