1. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    16 Apr '08 20:41
    Originally posted by eldragonfly
    Uh-huh. It's still cheating, no matter how you cut it.
    No, it's not 😕
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 04:29
    Uh-huh. It's still cheating, no matter how you cut it.
    Nope.
  3. Standard membereldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    thru a glass onion
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 04:422 edits
    Oh you pathetic fools! Except you wouldn't use a book nor would you use a database in a real OTB game or tournament game.
  4. Joined
    15 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 04:50
    Online chess is considered correspondence play, and goes by different rules than tournament OTB games.

Past games and opening theory is perfectly acceptable when it can take days for a move to be made (as in play-by-email or play-by-letter games)

Third party help relating directly to a specific position, however, is always forbidden, save in casual and teaching matches.
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 07:512 edits
    Oh you pathetic fools! Except you wouldn't use a book nor would you use a database in a real OTB game or tournament game.
    Funny you should mention that. OTB games used to be adjourned. During the adjournment [overnight, before next day's resumption of play], a player was allowed to consult books and databases [think endgame books], or even have a team of other players analyze the position for him!

I've also prepared opening lines for my OTB opponents. The only limitation is that I must have it all memorized before the round starts.
  6. Amsterdam
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 08:07
    The question was:

Game 4823334 & Game 4823335

2 players banned at the same time..

Now who will be awarded the wins here? 😛
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 09:15
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn
    The question was:

Game 4823334 & Game 4823335

2 players banned at the same time..

Now who will be awarded the wins here? 😛
    maybe they will just call them draws. It doesn't much matter one way or the other, they both end up with 500 points.
  8. Sigulda, Latvia
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 09:41
    Of course, everyone is a fool. You're the only wise guy around.

Find a dictionary and look up something like "terms of service". Then read the TOS here (read 3(b) twice).
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 13:361 edit
    Dragontits, you must be the most difficult and argumentative person I have ever seen on these forums. You have now replaced nmdavidb as the single most irritating poster on this site. Congratulations.

Also, you might want to consider trying out the opening books as a resource because your chess desperately needs it. I am by no means a top level player and I could beat you easily (without books or databases) on my worst day after a three paper cannon and a bottle-cap full of coke.
  10. Sigulda, Latvia
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 13:55
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Dragontits, you must be the most difficult and argumentative person I have ever seen on these forums. You have now replaced nmdavidb as the single most irritating poster on this site. Congratulations.

Also, you might want to consider trying out the opening books as a resource because your chess desperately needs it. I am by no means a top level ...[text shortened]... ut books or databases) on my worst day after a three paper cannon and a bottle-cap full of coke.
    Oh no! That's Ad Hominem!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 14:30
    Originally posted by kbaumen
    Oh no! That's Ad Hominem!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Nice irrelevant ad hominem argument, you ignorant fatso! 😉
  12. Sigulda, Latvia
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 14:31
    I've stated my opinion countless times in this thread. I don't need to hear your bogus, irritating explanations.
  13. Joined
    15 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 14:36
    kbaumen's comment is referring to a different thread eldragonfly is in, if I read it rightly.

I take it as a comment made in jest, and not to be taken too seriously.
  14. Sigulda, Latvia
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 14:481 edit
    Originally posted by geepamoogle
    kbaumen's comment is referring to a different thread eldragonfly is in, if I read it rightly.

I take it as a comment made in jest, and not to be taken too seriously.
    I think he was just being sarcastic.

So was I, as you probably noticed.
  15. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 15:07
    Originally posted by kbaumen
    I've stated my opinion countless times in this thread. I don't need to hear your bogus, irritating explanations.
    Wrong and irrelevant again! You misrepresented my misinformed opinion on misery and misanthropy. Tract and retract, you hirsute swine!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree