rubiks cube

rubiks cube

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r

Moves
08 Mar 06

who here can solve a rubiks cube in less than 2 min

S

Moves
08 Mar 06

Can you solve it in less than 2 minute?

Moves
08 Mar 06

Originally posted by rubikscuber
Depends on how mixed up it is.

l
Man of Steel

rushing to and fro

Moves
08 Mar 06

Originally posted by rubikscuber
Do they still make those things?!

l
Man of Steel

rushing to and fro

Moves
08 Mar 06
1 edit

Originally posted by SJ247
Depends on how mixed up it is.
Good answer! Say, I can't believe you still don't have a single, solitary, lonely rec. yet. Here you go!

EDIT: Hey, what ever happened to that book full of puzzles that you were braggin' up?

T
Kupikupopo!

Out of my mind

Moves
08 Mar 06

I can solve the cube under 2 mins, no matter how mixed up it is.

C

Earth Prime

Moves
08 Mar 06

there is an official amount of "mixed". I think it's 9 or 12 or something from the starting position. I don't have time to look it up. They use that standard for competition. I've never learned to do it, but a friend would sit in class and show off all the time, solving it in as little as 45 seconds.

I told him I'd really be impressed if he could juggle 3 while solving each one.

B

Moves
08 Mar 06

The world record is 11.36 or something like that. Usually a little over a minute for me.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
08 Mar 06

Originally posted by Coconut
there is an official amount of "mixed". I think it's 9 or 12 or something from the starting position. I don't have time to look it up. They use that standard for competition. I've never learned to do it, but a friend would sit in class and show off all the time, solving it in as little as 45 seconds.

I told him I'd really be impressed if he could juggle 3 while solving each one.
Maybe if he threw each one very high (calculated this to be 493 mph straight up before it comes back down 45 seconds later, not taking into account wind resistance or changes in gravity with altitude, reaching a height of approx 2480 metres).

Then he would have time to solve each rubik's cube. 🙂

B
Consigliere

Ontario, Canada

Moves
08 Mar 06

depends on how fast I can cleanly peel the stickers off and restick them

Moves
08 Mar 06

Originally posted by Briscoe
depends on how fast I can cleanly peel the stickers off and restick them
😞
done it.

Moves
08 Mar 06

Originally posted by leisurelysloth
Good answer! Say, I can't believe you still don't have a single, solitary, lonely rec. yet. Here you go!

EDIT: Hey, what ever happened to that book full of puzzles that you were braggin' up?
Thank you so much, I about fell out of my chair here as my number hopped form 0 to 2...I'm in, I'm popular now, thank you.

Believe it or not, I have actually been watching daily for something to post just for you, it has become a little side challenge for me, a bug in my head, (or pain in my *ss, don't know,) but I will find something for you. I figure if I can solve it, it won't do for posting.

In short, have not forgotten, and am still working on.

Thanks again LS, for the recs.

C

Earth Prime

Moves
08 Mar 06

Originally posted by lausey
Maybe if he threw each one very high (calculated this to be 493 mph straight up before it comes back down 45 seconds later, not taking into account wind resistance or changes in gravity with altitude, reaching a height of approx 2480 metres).

Then he would have time to solve each rubik's cube. 🙂
obviously he would have to do each one a little at a time until all three were solved.

r

Moves
08 Mar 06

my fastest time is 1:25 on the dot but my average is like 1:33.??

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
09 Mar 06
1 edit

Took me about 2 months of practice and reading about the techniques before I could get below 2 minutes most of the time. After that it became boring and I haven't touched one in a few years.