1. Account suspended
    Joined
    18 Mar '06
    Moves
    3118
    06 May '07 23:36
    explain this suicide scene
    a man has hung himself in a room with nothing in it except for a piece of rope (used to hang himself) a high window (near the ceiling) and a waterfaucet
  2. Account suspended
    Joined
    18 Mar '06
    Moves
    3118
    06 May '07 23:48
    Originally posted by rubberjaw30
    explain this suicide scene
    a man has hung himself in a room with nothing in it except for a piece of rope (used to hang himself) a high window (near the ceiling) and a waterfaucet
    let me rephrase this so it makes more sense...
    a detective is dropped into a room from window
    there is NOTHING in the room except for a dead man, suspended from a rafter on a ceiling that is 30 ft (somewhere in the neighborhood of a 9-10 mceiling) by a rope around his neck which is only 6 ft (2m) long
    there is a regular garden faucet in the corner.
    how did the dead man do it?
  3. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    All My Soldiers...
    tinyurl.com/y9ls7wbl
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    07 May '07 06:19
    He floated himself to the top, then used a string to turn off the faucet. The water ran out leaving him hanging.
  4. Leuven
    Joined
    04 Jan '07
    Moves
    3160
    07 May '07 20:50
    what's a faucet again?
  5. B is for bye bye
    Joined
    09 Apr '06
    Moves
    27526
    08 May '07 10:51
    Originally posted by Meneer Dries
    what's a faucet again?
    An actress who married Lee Majors of 6 Million Dollar Man fame.
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Joined
    27 Oct '04
    Moves
    79199
    08 May '07 12:41
    Why is there a garden tap indoors?
  7. Joined
    15 Feb '07
    Moves
    667
    08 May '07 21:27
    More importantly, how did the dead man drain the place after he died?
  8. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    All My Soldiers...
    tinyurl.com/y9ls7wbl
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    08 May '07 22:49
    Originally posted by geepamoogle
    More importantly, how did the dead man drain the place after he died?
    The drainage is very slow. All it takes to counter the drainage is to have the tap on. With the tap off, the water will start to drain away, like in my bathtub which has a partially clogged drain.
  9. Standard memberirontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    A Stapler!
    Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    59283
    09 May '07 00:03
    he could have just drank too much water then he would of died, but nooooo...he had to be mister creative
  10. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    9221
    09 May '07 00:39
    Maybe he jumped through the same hole the detective dropped in from
  11. Account suspended
    Joined
    18 Mar '06
    Moves
    3118
    09 May '07 20:19
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    He floated himself to the top, then used a string to turn off the faucet. The water ran out leaving him hanging.
    no, i am only answering yes/no questions
  12. Account suspended
    Joined
    18 Mar '06
    Moves
    3118
    09 May '07 20:19
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Why is there a garden tap indoors?
    because i said so
  13. Account suspended
    Joined
    18 Mar '06
    Moves
    3118
    09 May '07 20:20
    Originally posted by geepamoogle
    More importantly, how did the dead man drain the place after he died?
    that's part of the mystery... yes or no questions only!
  14. Account suspended
    Joined
    18 Mar '06
    Moves
    3118
    09 May '07 20:21
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The drainage is very slow. All it takes to counter the drainage is to have the tap on. With the tap off, the water will start to drain away, like in my bathtub which has a partially clogged drain.
    what drainage?
    i don't recall mentioning any drainage in the original scenario
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52724
    09 May '07 20:521 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    He floated himself to the top, then used a string to turn off the faucet. The water ran out leaving him hanging.
    What string? He didn't say the dead man had a string, only a rope, and that only a couple meters long, not long enough to reach the faucet if the room was full of water.
Back to Top