1. The Great North
    Moves
    06 Feb '06 03:57
    This is an old one:

A man was standing in a 10foot by 10foot room yet he claimed he could see more then 20 feet. There are no windows/doors/cracks ect..
    How did he do it?
  2. The Great North
    Moves
    06 Feb '06 03:57
    the answer is realistic.
  3. Joined
    25 Aug '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '06 04:27
    There were 10 other people in the room....? ie he could see 22 feet..?!
  4. Joined
    05 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '06 04:30
    Originally posted by AlpineXazax
    This is an old one:

A man was standing in a 10foot by 10foot room yet he claimed he could see more then 20 feet. There are no windows/doors/cracks ect..
    How did he do it?
    You didn't specify he "could see 20 feet+ IN THE ROOM, so I say, "Yeah, most everyone can see 20 feet."

Or, another possibility is, he has 20 severed feet on his floor.
  5. Joined
    05 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '06 04:331 edit
    Originally posted by womprat
    There were 10 other people in the room....? ie he could see 22 feet..?!
    I think there would be only 9 other people, hence 18 feet, plus his own, or maybe another person and 4 dogs, or himself and five three-legged dogs...many possibilities.

edit: oopsie. what I meant to say is what the person before me said, OR himself and five dogs, or himself, another person, and SIX three-legged dogs.

My math was off.

Also note, dogs may be replaced with sheep, cows, goats, any standard farm animal.
  6. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    06 Feb '06 04:36
    There's a mirror on one wall, and he's standing on the opposite one. He sees ten feet in front of him, and ten feet in the mirror.

Just a guess...
  7. Joined
    05 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '06 04:55
    Originally posted by SJ247
    I think there would be only 9 other people, hence 18 feet, plus his own, or maybe another person and 4 dogs, or himself and five three-legged dogs...many possibilities.

edit: oopsie. what I meant to say is what the person before me said, OR himself and five dogs, or himself, another person, and SIX three-legged dogs.

My math was off.

Also note, dogs may be replaced with sheep, cows, goats, any standard farm animal.
    Guy's a real sicko.
  8. Small Town Manitoba
    Moves
    06 Feb '06 08:56
    This is an old one:

How did he do it?
    The room was twenty feet high and he could look up twenty feet.

GV
  9. Joined
    24 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '06 20:03
    This is an old one:

How did he do it?
    the man saw 100 square feet (area)
  10. i do not know
    Moves
    07 Feb '06 23:021 edit
    i think its a mirror and i know ark13 said that i just want to explain why casue i think its right and i am proud of myself. which now means it will be wrong... but anyways when you go the eye doctor the room is like 7 by7 or at least at my place there are like 3 mirrors which when you look at one mirror it reflects to another mirrror and then to another. which when you add the distance from mirror to mirror it equal 20 thats is how they get the 20/20 thing. i think...so then you could have a 2 by 2 room you could still see for 20 feet. just to point it out.
  11. Joined
    05 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '06 00:40
    My answers really are the most realistic.

I think I'm right, and boy am I proud of myself.
  12. Earth Prime
    Moves
    08 Feb '06 05:10
    Originally posted by Nighthawk62
    The room was twenty feet high and he could look up twenty feet.

GV
    I agree with this. Though the room may only be 15 feet high, as then the diagonal between far corners would be greater than 20 feet.
  13. Joined
    04 Mar '03
    Moves
    10 Feb '06 02:502 edits
    This is an old one:

How did he do it?
    There are 9 Monty Hall look-alikes in the room with him (each one of them pointing to a closet door he may choose)

and one of them is carrying a rabbit's foot that you can trade for
  14. The Great North
    Moves
    10 Feb '06 04:08
    Sry, i sorta left this post to the dogs and didnt specify much, but the mirror answer was correct

here is another:

2 chess grandmasters play 8 games. Niether of them loses any of the games and there were no draws. How is this possible?

Notes to consider(If you cant get the answer here is a few hints):
    -The games where all finnished/complete
    -niether player has a loss
    -niether player has a tie
    -what possible outcomes are there other then a tie and a loss?
  15. The Great North
    Moves
    10 Feb '06 04:18
    One more(this is fun!)

Joe likes to go deer hunting. He owns a bright white horse named Floppy that he hunts with. Joe has terrible luck and can't even get near the deer, so Joe blames it on the horse's colour. Joe then buys a bucket of brown paint and paints Floppy brown to better hide him. Now Joe has even worse luck and cant even find the deer. Why is this?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree