1. Joined
    05 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '06 04:36
    Originally posted by AlpineXazax
    Sry, i sorta left this post to the dogs and didnt specify much, but the mirror answer was correct

here is another:

2 chess grandmasters play 8 games. Niether of them loses any of the games and there were no draws. How is this possible?

Notes to consider(If you cant get the answer here is a few hints):
    -The games where all finnished/complete
    -n ...[text shortened]... loss
    -niether player has a tie
    -what possible outcomes are there other then a tie and a loss?
    They weren't playing each other.
  2. Standard memberTrains44
    Full speed locomotiv
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '06 14:23
    Originally posted by SJ247
    I think there would be only 9 other people, hence 18 feet, plus his own, or maybe another person and 4 dogs, or himself and five three-legged dogs...many possibilities.

edit: oopsie. what I meant to say is what the person before me said, OR himself and five dogs, or himself, another person, and SIX three-legged dogs.

My math was off.

Also note, dogs may be replaced with sheep, cows, goats, any standard farm animal.
    You are sooo cute.
  3. Standard memberTrains44
    Full speed locomotiv
    Account suspended
    Moves
    I think there would be only 9 other people, hence 18 feet, plus his own, or maybe another person and 4 dogs, or himself and five three-legged dogs...many possibilities.

edit: oopsie. what I meant to say is what the person before me said, OR himself and five dogs, or himself, another person, and SIX three-legged dogs.

My math was off.

Also note, dogs may be replaced with sheep, cows, goats, any standard farm animal.
    You are sooo cute.
  4. Standard memberTrains44
    Full speed locomotiv
    Account suspended
    Moves

My math was off.

You are sooo cute.
  5. Standard memberTrains44
    Full speed locomotiv
    Account suspended
    Moves

My math was off.

You are sooo cute.
  6. Standard memberTrains44
    Full speed locomotiv
    Account suspended
    Moves

My math was off.

You are sooo cute.
  7. Joined
    05 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '06 15:09
    Originally posted by TRAINS44
    You are sooo cute.
    Wow, thank you!!

You'd better be careful though, comments like that will set you up for a good lambasting by some of those who take offense to friendly banter in the oh-so-serious puzzles forum.

😵
  8. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    10 Feb '06 15:40
    Originally posted by TRAINS44
    You are sooo cute.
    What did I tell you, Mr T?

Hands off!

😠
  9. Joined
    05 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '06 16:241 edit
    Originally posted by Bowmann

Hands off!

😠
    No, hands on! I am rather enjoying our frequent games, Mr. T is an excellent chess player.

Edit: I forgot to mention the wonderful conversation as well, I need some sort of excuse for all these *ss-beatings.
  10. Standard memberTrains44
    Full speed locomotiv
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '06 16:30

Hands off!

😠
    Now now Bowmann, control thyself.😠
  11. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    10 Feb '06 17:391 edit
    No, hands on! I am rather enjoying our frequent games, Mr. T is an excellent chess player.
    Just be careful, my dear. Mr T. is not who he appears to be.

Be wary of any suggestions you may receive and try not to let the conversation stray onto the subject of trousers. Let him win and you should be safe. Do NOT reply to his private messages and ignore all links to certain websites. Indulge his enthusiasm for trains and finish your games as quickly as possible.

I'll speak to you soon and make sure you're OK.
  12. Joined
    05 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '06 17:57
    Just be careful, my dear. Mr T. is not who he appears to be.

Be wary of any suggestions you may receive and try not to let the conversation stray onto the subject of trousers. Let him win and you should be safe. Do NOT reply to his private messages and ignore all links to certain websites. Indulge his enthusiasm for trains and finish your games as quickly as possible.

I'll speak to you soon and make sure you're OK.
    So you think next month's face to face game is a bad idea?
    😛
  13. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    10 Feb '06 18:08
    So you think next month's face to face game is a bad idea?
    😛
    This is no time for levity.
  14. Joined
    05 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '06 18:21
    This is no time for levity.
    Why not, show me one serious post in this joint.
    It is THE time for levity!
  15. The Great North
    Moves
    10 Feb '06 22:19
    They weren't playing each other.
    Ok, Gj SJ247. anyone have an answer for the other one? (its really lame, I kno)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree