Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. 27 Jun '06 16:01
    most often pronounced incorrectly?
  2. Standard member ark13
    Enola Straight
    27 Jun '06 16:03
    "Nucular"
  3. 27 Jun '06 16:13
    Originally posted by ark13
    "Nucular"
    Nope, any more suggestions?
  4. Standard member ark13
    Enola Straight
    27 Jun '06 16:19
    button, monkey, yellow...

    But seriously, the answer is crayon.
  5. 27 Jun '06 16:22
    Originally posted by ark13
    button, monkey, yellow...

    But seriously, the answer is crayon.
    Try again. . .
  6. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    27 Jun '06 16:53
    Originally posted by FrenchQueen
    most often pronounced incorrectly?
    wednesday, schedule and tuesday
  7. 27 Jun '06 16:56
    Originally posted by uzless
    wednesday, schedule and tuesday
    The work most often pronounced "incorrectly" is. . . wait for it. . .

    INCORRECTLY

    (incorrectly is pronounced. . . incorrectly)
  8. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    27 Jun '06 17:19 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FrenchQueen
    most often pronounced incorrectly?
    your grammar did not allow the word, "incorrectly" to be used as the answer.

    You needed a comma and then quotation marks or italics to indicate the intended response....poor grammar is no substitute for a good riddle.
  9. 27 Jun '06 17:40 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by uzless
    your grammar did not allow the word, "incorrectly" to be used as the answer.

    You needed a period and then quotation marks or italics to indicate the intended response....poor grammar is no substitute for a good riddle.
    Well I think if the word had been in quotation marks, the reply would have been OBVIOUS.
    The point of the riddle was to see if anyone would see beyond this!

    I don't think Tuesday is often pronounced incorrectly, is it? It's pronounced differently depending on which side of the Altlantic you're in.

    Your guesses were uninspired
  10. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    27 Jun '06 18:02
    Originally posted by FrenchQueen
    Well I think if the word had been in quotation marks, the reply would have been OBVIOUS.
    The point of the riddle was to see if anyone would see beyond this!

    I don't think Tuesday is often pronounced incorrectly, is it? It's pronounced differently depending on which side of the Altlantic you're in.

    Your guesses were uninspired
    seems "incorrectly" would have been the obvious answer...thought maybe you'd put a bit more effort into the riddle....I apologize for giving you more credit than you deserved
  11. 27 Jun '06 18:10 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by uzless
    seems "incorrectly" would have been the obvious answer...thought maybe you'd put a bit more effort into the riddle....I apologize for giving you more credit than you deserved
    I apologize for posting a riddle you could not solve
  12. 27 Jun '06 18:43
    Originally posted by FrenchQueen
    I apologize for posting a riddle you could not solve
    What about Orphan as in "A person who has no parents." or "Orphan - frequently."

    Thanks G&S for gold... pure gold!
  13. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    27 Jun '06 19:12
    Originally posted by FrenchQueen
    I apologize for posting a riddle you could not solve
    Ug, here have some cake Marie....and a razor
  14. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    27 Jun '06 21:52
    Originally posted by FrenchQueen
    I apologize for posting a riddle you could not solve
    The riddle was retarded, like most of the recent ones that have appeared here.
  15. 28 Jun '06 04:09
    Sandwich, or possibly library