1. i do not know
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 16:061 edit
    i heard this in 5th grade and now in 9th is still dont know the answer so can you tell me. ok here it is... two guys are in a room wearing the same thing, one lies the other tells the truth. there are also two doors and one leds to heaven and the other to heck. you want to know which leds to heaven. you CAN ONLY ASK ONE question to ask both the people to find out which is heaven or heck, what is the question? and i dont know the answer.
  2. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 16:092 edits
    Originally posted by bloodyboy
    i heard this in 5th grade and now in 9th is still dont know the answer so can you tell me. ok here it is... two guys are in a room wearing the same thing, one lies the other tells the truth. there are also two doors and one leds to heaven and the other to heck. you want to know which leds to heaven. you CAN ONLY ASK ONE question to ask both the people to find out which is heaven or heck, what is the question? and i dont know the answer.
    You can ask either person, "If I asked the other person in this room which door leads to Heaven, what would his answer be?"

The liar, knowing the other guy tells the truth, would lie, naming the wrong door...the truth-teller, knowing the other guy always lies, would truthfully tell the other guy's lie, again, naming the wrong door...

In either case, regardless of who you ask, you would know you had been misdirected, and you should then take the OTHER door (assuming you wanted to go to Heaven, that is) from the one that either person told you.

I posted a similar question in these forums (I think I called it "Which Road Should He Take" or something like that).
  3. i do not know
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 16:14
    thanks, though i had to read that like times to understand it not meaning it your fault its just confusing.
  4. Joined
    08 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 18:47
    Similiar riddle with a slight twist.
    The 2 people speak a language very similiar to english but the words yes and no are replaced by ping and pong. However you don't know which is which.
    Ask a yes or no (The answer will be ping or pong) question to get to heaven.
  5. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 19:12
    Originally posted by Virak
    Similiar riddle with a slight twist.
    The 2 people speak a language very similiar to english but the words yes and no are replaced by ping and pong. However you don't know which is which.
    Ask a yes or no (The answer will be ping or pong) question to get to heaven.
    Couldn't you just ask them a question that is common knowledge like, "Is today Wednesday?" If it's Wednesday, then you know that whatever they answer means yes. If not, then whatever they answer means no.
  6. Joined
    08 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 19:24
    1 question only sorry.
  7. Joined
    08 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 19:24
    1 question only sorry.
  8. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 20:32
    1 question only sorry.
    That is only one question. The question is, "Is today Wednesday?" If it is Wednesday the day you're asking the question, then you know their reply means "yes". If not, then you know their reply means "no". Comprede?
  9. Joined
    09 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 21:54
    Originally posted by ark13
    That is only one question. The question is, "Is today Wednesday?" If it is Wednesday the day you're asking the question, then you know their reply means "yes". If not, then you know their reply means "no". Comprede?
    yeah, you know what words they use for yes and no but you can't ask them a second question about the doors to heaven and hell.
  10. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 21:59
    Originally posted by slippytoad
    yeah, you know what words they use for yes and no but you can't ask them a second question about the doors to heaven and hell.
    Oh, alright, I misunderstood. But the original poster didn't do a good job describing the puzzle. All he said about heaven was, "Ask a yes or no (The answer will be ping or pong) question to get to heaven." I didn't know how much it was based on the original puzzle. Am I to assume that there's still one person that tells the truth, and one that lies?
  11. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 22:07
    Point to the first door, and ask:
    "If I asked the other guy if this was the door to heaven, would he say 'ping' ?"

If the reply is "pong" go through the first door, otherwise go through the second.
  12. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 16:34
    How about you have just 1 question to find the door to heaven, there is just 1 guy to ask, he either lies or tells the truth and he says ping/pong for yes/no?
  13. Joined
    08 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 18:52
    Nice one iamatiger.
    Point to the door and say "Would someone who always lies say ping if I asked him is this the door"
  14. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 19:05
    Nice one iamatiger.
    Point to the door and say "Would someone who always lies say ping if I asked him is this the door"
    Great one Virak!
    Let's make it a little bit harder:

You have 1 question, there are one billion doors, 1 door only leads to heaven, there is 1 true/false guy who you can make one statement to, he understands you, but he will answer in a language you don't understand at all.
  15. Joined
    08 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 10:15
    Make him come with you and lead the way

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree