12,000 year old civilization?:

12,000 year old civilization?:

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Feb 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
You can believe your bull shyte all you want but it won't change the validity of carbon dating, which is accurate to around 40,000 years back.

All you have to do is read up on carbon dating and see for yourself it has been verified 100 times over.

But of course your cognitive (and I use that term loosely) dissonance will never let you even contemplate actually doing such study for yourself.
http://www.nytimes.com/1990/05/31/us/errors-are-feared-in-carbon-dating.html

http://www.varchive.org/ce/c14.htm

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Feb 13
2 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
http://www.nytimes.com/1990/05/31/us/errors-are-feared-in-carbon-dating.html

http://www.varchive.org/ce/c14.htm
Like I said, using the term 'cognitive' loosely, you apparently didn't read the NY times article all the way, perhaps just reading the headline?

Take the time to actually read the article: the last sentence says the dating error was for dates of 20,000 years ago, 3,000 years off. The dates the site we are looking at come in at about half that age so it would follow, if the errors were linear, the error would also come in at half, or about 1500 years, so maximum the date would be 1500 years later, instead of 11,000 years, it would be 9,500 years back. I guess you want to force that to be a big deal. Be my guest on that one.

And of course your reply would be the whole universe is only 6000 years old so I am right and you are wrong, I'm holding my thumbs in my ears (and other orifices) NYA, NYA, NYA, I can't hear you.....

You just want to use any findings as a weapon, you are not interested in the truth since you already THINK you know the truth. You just don't care to understand the scientific process, where things maybe found out to be wrong and if that is proven, then science moves on with that new data in mind.

In this case whether the date is 11K years old or 9.5K years old is not a big deal, the big deal is it is AT LEAST 9,500 years old, 4,000 years before ANY of the pyramids, maybe 6,000 years before the pyramids. They had the place to themselves more or less and built a civilization there. A big one. Maybe the very first one. Maybe there will be found civilizations even older, who knows but the fact is we found that one and all your BS denial won't change that fact. Why don't you go back to trolling the spiritual forum and leave this one to people who are actually intelligent and don't have a theological ax to grind. Your ax has been ground to a nub and you have zero credibility.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Feb 13

Like I said, using the term 'cognitive' loosely, you apparently didn't read the NY times article all the way, perhaps just reading the headline?

Take the time to actually read the article: the last sentence says the dating error was for dates of 20,000 years ago, 3,000 years off. The dates the site we are looking at come in at about half that age so it w ...[text shortened]... heological ax to grind. Your ax has been ground to a nub and you have zero credibility.
Carbon Dating Flaws

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Feb 13

Carbon Dating Flaws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVuVYnHRuig
Boy are you subtle. "Truth in Genesis'? Of course that would be a TOTALLY unbiased science paper submitted to a peer reviewed journal, right? It WOULDN'T be about another science-as-weapon now could it? PERHAPS some kind of,oh, I don't know, RELIGIOUS ax to grind, could it?
PLEASE PLEASE save your trolling for the spiritual forum and leave science to the big boys.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Feb 13

Boy are you subtle. "Truth in Genesis'? Of course that would be a TOTALLY unbiased science paper submitted to a peer reviewed journal, right? It WOULDN'T be about another science-as-weapon now could it? PERHAPS some kind of,oh, I don't know, RELIGIOUS ax to grind, could it?
PLEASE PLEASE save your trolling for the spiritual forum and leave science to the big boys.
You mean leave it to the stupid! 😏

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Feb 13

You mean leave it to the stupid! 😏
NWA

jb

Moves
18 Feb 13

It is interesting to me in its own right. Could it really be 12K years old? I wonder if there is later work on this?

Seems like a huge deal if it was verified dated to 12k years old. 10,000 BC. It would lend credence to that movie 10,000 BC!
12000 years doesn't sound all that long ago. Only about 20 of my lifetimes would make 1000 years. I believe there will be discoveries that will make this seem modern. Interesting they may have coverd it with sand.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Feb 13

Originally posted by joe beyser
12000 years doesn't sound all that long ago. Only about 20 of my lifetimes would make 1000 years. I believe there will be discoveries that will make this seem modern. Interesting they may have coverd it with sand.
You can forget about that 12,000 year figure. It was only made up to make the find seem more important. I doubt if it is over 5,000 years old. 😏

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Feb 13

You can forget about that 12,000 year figure. It was only made up to make the find seem more important. I doubt if it is over 5,000 years old. 😏
Your doubts mean nothing here. You have zero credibility so save the histrionics for people who care.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Feb 13
1 edit

Your doubts mean nothing here. You have zero credibility so save the histrionics for people who care.
You undoubtedly would prefer to live in the imaginary Evil-lution world. 😏

jb

Moves
18 Feb 13

Hard to believe humanity is only 100 of my lifetimes old. Of course there will be older finds. Where did you come up with the 5000 figure?

Moves
18 Feb 13

Hard to believe humanity is only 100 of my lifetimes old. Of course there will be older finds. Where did you come up with the 5000 figure?
His ass*... where he gets everything he says from.

*Not an infertile donkey...

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Feb 13

That was just a rough estimate from my past knowledge of the predictable astronomical event calendar of the past, verifiable human history, and biblical history. The reference below gives a history time estimate before Christ from a biblical perspective.

http://www.bibleworldhistory.com/OViewBC.htm

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Feb 13

That was just a rough estimate from my past knowledge of the predictable astronomical event calendar of the past, verifiable human history, and biblical history. The reference below gives a history time estimate before Christ from a biblical perspective.

http://www.bibleworldhistory.com/OViewBC.htm
Wow, how scientific, even has 4 digit accuracy.......

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Feb 13

Wow, how scientific, even has 4 digit accuracy.......
Obviously much more accurate the the history timeline of the evil-lutionists. 😏