1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Sep '13 12:001 edit
    It helps explain the spread of goods by early humans across the Sahara, back then it was much wetter there and three rivers flowed 24/7 for thousands of years, maybe 50,000 years or so.

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/353226/description/Buried_Saharan_rivers_might_have_been_early_expressways
  2. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 03:45
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It helps explain the spread of goods by early humans across the Sahara, back then it was much wetter there and three rivers flowed 24/7 for thousands of years, maybe 50,000 years or so.

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/353226/description/Buried_Saharan_rivers_might_have_been_early_expressways
    In more recent times the sphinx in Egypt shows evidence of a much wetter climate than it now experiences. The morison formation in the western US shows color bands that indicates wetter or drier climates. It is interesting to find old river beds in the clay formation. I have been planning to do a little gold prospecting in these old beds.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 07:10

The worldwide flood definitely made it wetter about 4500 years ago.

The Instructor
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 10:15
    Originally posted by RJHinds

The Instructor
    And I have a great bridge for sale in Brooklyn.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 00:12
    And I have a great bridge for sale in Brooklyn.
    No thanks. Too many lies to suit me.

The Instructor
  6. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 00:373 edits

The Instructor
    So, how exactly did Noah fit all of the creatures on his small ark? And what did he do with all the Aquatic creatures? Marine life would be wiped out by a global flood just as much as land mammals, except those under water critters capable of living in salt and fresh water but then where did the variety in marine life come from since the flood? I guess you have to believe in evolution to believe in the great flood and that just won't do will it?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 00:59
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    So, how exactly did Noah fit all of the creatures on his small ark? And what did he do with all the Aquatic creatures? Marine life would be wiped out by a global flood just as much as land mammals, except those under water critters capable of living in salt and fresh water but then where did the variety in marine life come from? I guess you have to believe in evolution to believe in the great flood and that just won't do will it?
    This is something that has already been discussed on the Spirituality Forum. So check there.

The Instructor
  8. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 03:37
    This is something that has already been discussed on the Spirituality Forum. So check there.

The Instructor
    A little boy was sitting on a park bench with his bible in his hands saying to himself outloud praise the lord! A science teacher overheard him and walked over and sat beside him. The teacher asked why are you so excited. The boy told of the parting of the red sea and how moses led his people to safety by the miracle of the lord. The teacher said, well you know something may have happened there but it wasn't a miracle. You see, said the teacher, there is a shallow spot in the red sea that could be crossed if the water level was at a low point and the gravity of the moon was right. At most they waded through 6 inches of water.The boy thought about it for a minute and jumped up and said Hallelujah!!! The teacher was dumbfounded by the response and asked the boy why he responded the way he did after being told there was no miracle. The boy said, god is so powerful he drowned a large army and washed away 600 chariots in only 6 inches of water!!!!! 🙂
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 06:411 edit
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    A little boy was sitting on a park bench with his bible in his hands saying to himself outloud praise the lord! A science teacher overheard him and walked over and sat beside him. The teacher asked why are you so excited. The boy told of the parting of the red sea and how moses led his people to safety by the miracle of the lord. The teacher said, well yo ...[text shortened]... powerful he drowned a large army and washed away 600 chariots in only 6 inches of water!!!!! 🙂
    That is a smart boy. A boy with faith.

The Instructor
  10. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 08:28
    That is a smart boy. A boy with faith.

The Instructor
    that's a contradiction.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 20:04
    Originally posted by humy
    that's a contradiction.
    Maybe you should take some smart pills.

The Instructor
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 20:351 edit
    Maybe you should take some smart pills.

The Instructor
    I think you already did, little brown ones that come out of deer and rabbits.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 21:11
    I think you already did, little brown ones that come out of deer and rabbits.
    Those are more likely to make one a smart aleck, like you, not wise, like me.

The Instructor
  14. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 23:16
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    So, how exactly did Noah fit all of the creatures on his small ark? And what did he do with all the Aquatic creatures? Marine life would be wiped out by a global flood just as much as land mammals, except those under water critters capable of living in salt and fresh water but then where did the variety in marine life come from since the flood? I guess you have to believe in evolution to believe in the great flood and that just won't do will it?
    Not sure how he got all the creatures on the ark (probably used some kind of space-time warping device, a portable black hole perhaps), but I think he bought fish tanks from Hong Kong for the aquatic creatures. Really good ones too. He was a good chap, Noah.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Sep '13 00:19
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Not sure how he got all the creatures on the ark (probably used some kind of space-time warping device, a portable black hole perhaps), but I think he bought fish tanks from Hong Kong for the aquatic creatures. Really good ones too. He was a good chap, Noah.
    Only land dwelling animals were taken.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree