3 rivers flowed 100,000 years ago in Sahara:

3 rivers flowed 100,000 years ago in Sahara:

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N

Moves
26 Sep 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Only land dwelling animals were taken.

The Instructor
Would you mind listing them? I'd like to calculate their dimensions.

N

Moves
26 Sep 13

The Instructor
RJHinds, are you a Christian? If so, would you mind telling me which denomination? Thank you.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Sep 13

Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
Would you mind listing them? I'd like to calculate their dimensions.
You should ask this question on the Spirituality Forum. There are many on this forum that object to discussing anything related to religion on this forum.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 Sep 13

You should ask this question on the Spirituality Forum. There are many on this forum that object to discussing anything related to religion on this forum.

The Instructor
You can tell him that much. It's when you get to preaching we draw the line. If you want to invite him to get preached at in religion, no problem there.

jb

Moves
26 Sep 13

You boys sure are a humorless bunch lately.

MC

Moves
26 Sep 13

The Instructor
Then how do you explain the diversity of water dwelling critters?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Sep 13

Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
Then how do you explain the diversity of water dwelling critters?
I assume that many of the water dwelling critters, especially fish, were able to live through the flood.

The Instructor

MC

Moves
27 Sep 13
1 edit

I assume that many of the water dwelling critters, especially fish, were able to live through the flood.

The Instructor
This would not be the case. Only fish that were able to survive in fresh water as well as salt water would be able to survive and the diversity we see today would be impossible without evolution. And that not even taking into account the havoc mixing the different underwater ecosystems would wreak.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Sep 13

This would not be the case. Only fish that were able to survive in fresh water as well as salt water would be able to survive and the diversity we see today would be impossible without evolution. And that not even taking into account the havoc mixing the different underwater ecosystems would wreak.
Not so. You probably know that creatures have varing degrees of adaptablity, but you apparently do not understand how ocean water became saltwater. Here is a theory about how it happens, but remember there has been only thousands of years, not millions:

http://www.palomar.edu/oceanography/salty_ocean.htm

The Instructor

MC

Moves
27 Sep 13
1 edit

Not so. You probably know that creatures have varing degrees of adaptablity, but you apparently do not understand how ocean water became saltwater. Here is a theory about how it happens, but remember there has been only thousands of years, not millions:

http://www.palomar.edu/oceanography/salty_ocean.htm

The Instructor
This adresses exactly none of my points.

A sudden flood occuring in 40 days and lasting another 120 would be beyond the adaptability of most(if not all) water dwelling creatures.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Sep 13
2 edits

This adresses exactly none of my points.

A sudden flood occuring in 40 days and lasting another 120 would be beyond the adaptability of most(if not all) water dwelling creatures.
Well, as long as some of each kind survived. Wouldn't that be enough? I think it would. You must remember that God parted the Red Sea, walked on water, and raised the dead. Surely He could perserve some of the fishes without man's help.

The Instructor

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
27 Sep 13

Well, as long as some of each kind survived. Wouldn't that be enough? I think it would. You must remember that God parted the Red Sea, walked on water, and raised the dead. Surely He could perserve some of the fishes without man's help.

The Instructor
Whilst I'm on a role, do you remember these words -

Make a thread on the Spirituality Forum if you want to discuss this. I got the hint I am not want on this forum by some that think I am ignorant of
science. They don't realize how ignorant they are. I'm leaving this forum.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=145542&page=4

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Sep 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Whilst I'm on a role, do you remember these words -

Make a thread on the Spirituality Forum if you want to discuss this. I got the hint I am not want on this forum by some that think I am ignorant of
science. They don't realize how ignorant they are. I'm leaving this forum.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=145542&page=4
Well, I did leave for awhile.

The Instructor

MC

Moves
27 Sep 13
2 edits

The Instructor
You have no clue how ecosystems work, a sudden flood on a global scale that drowns mountains would utterly destroy marine life.

Whilst I am also on a roll, I should ask how nobody else survived if Noah was able to? No ships were at sea when the flood happened?

h

Moves
27 Sep 13
7 edits

You have no clue how ecosystems work, a sudden flood on a global scale that drowns mountains would utterly destroy marine life.

Whilst I am also on a roll, I should ask how nobody else survived if Noah was able to? No ships were at sea when the flood happened?
That would be an amazing coincidence if there was no ships were at sea when 'the flood' happened. Didn't fishermen sometimes go fishing in their ships and boats back then?

Even if nobody was at sea at the precise moment when the flood started to happen, why didn't those with ships and boats choose to prevent themselves from drowning by getting into them?

and, with my extensive knowledge in biology, I can confirm you are definitely right; a sudden flood on a global scale that drowns mountains would utterly destroy marine life. For starters, most species of modern marine life cannot survive drastic changes to the salinity of water. A sudden flood like that would also suddenly drastically change the sea currents with dire effects for ecosystems that cannot adapt that fast.

I think I should also mention the fact that, in many places, it would take many hundreds if not thousands of years for the top-soil to recover to its former fertility if the vast bulk of it was washed away to the sea and for vegetation and esp forests and jungles to regrow and fully recover. In the case of the slowest growing lichens and mosses in frozen tantra, esp these with a high population of crustose lichens, would definitely take tens of thousands of years to recover to their current state if not a lot longer! That's because many of these species not only grow extremely slowly but reproduce extremely slowly!

http://webapps8.dnr.state.mn.us/mcv_pdf/049_287/049_287_Text/0040.txt "...some crustose lichens from the Arctic may be as much as 4,500 years old...."