1. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    16 May '13 22:25
    its an annnnoying banner add that keeps coming up.... but what are yours?

1 Microwave popcorn - its toxic!
    2 Fizzy drinks that don't contain a single natural ingredient. (but i do make the odd exception...)
    3 Chocolate mini roles - they give me a headache
    4 Cheap cider
    5 FEBO - for anyone who has been to holland, its owned by a dog food company and allegedly the dog food is better...
  2. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    16 May '13 22:38
    Originally posted by e4chris
    its an annnnoying banner add that keeps coming up.... but what are yours?

1 Microwave popcorn - its toxic!
    2 Fizzy drinks that don't contain a single natural ingredient. (but i do make the odd exception...)
    3 Chocolate mini roles - they give me a headache
    4 Cheap cider
    5 FEBO - for anyone who has been to holland, its owned by a dog food company and allegedly the dog food is better...
    I bet fizzy drinks do contain natural ingredients. Unless you want to claim water and carbon dioxide are somehow unnatural.

OK, my five.

Snow if not white.

Vindaloo. Burns both ends!

Champagne. Tastes like fizzy cat pee and costs a fortune. Cheap cider, especially the stuff from the local farm is much better.

Anything with more hair than me, especially if the hair is green or blue.

Anything cheap claiming to be beef. It is likely to be that horse you lost a tenner on last week.

White bread. Foul, tasteless muck fit only for filling holes.
  3. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    16 May '13 23:02
    Originally posted by Kepler
    I bet fizzy drinks do contain natural ingredients. Unless you want to claim water and carbon dioxide are somehow unnatural.

OK, my five.

Snow if not white.

Vindaloo. Burns both ends!

Champagne. Tastes like fizzy cat pee and costs a fortune. Cheap cider, especially the stuff from the local farm is much better.

Anything with more hair than me, es ...[text shortened]... you lost a tenner on last week.

White bread. Foul, tasteless muck fit only for filling holes.
    champagne is pish... its not nice... too acidic...

I like pickled herrings 🙂 ... might be on another persons 5...
  4. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    16 May '13 23:06
    i wonder whats on this chaps list

YouTube
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 May '13 00:49
    i wonder whats on this chaps list

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJRRyeGnM7k
    I think it sounds better than eating lightbulbs, molten lead, and dung.

The Instructor
  6. Germany
    Moves
    17 May '13 13:45

Someone from the UK hardly has the right to criticize traditional Dutch cuisine!
  7. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    17 May '13 23:55
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Someone from the UK hardly has the right to criticize traditional Dutch cuisine!
    we have bad take aways - but not that bad!! 🙂
  8. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    20 May '13 12:00
    There are posh foods i won't eat / eat much . the way they make posh gravy with all the burnt bits from a roast can't be good for you - there are lots of natural but nasty chemicals in burnt meat. I do eat it but not often....
  9. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    20 May '13 12:04
    There are posh foods i won't eat / eat much . the way they make posh gravy with all the burnt bits from a roast can't be good for you - there are lots of natural but nasty chemicals in burnt meat. I do eat it but not often....
    There are lots of nasty diseases in raw/undercooked meat. Ever had a tapeworm? I don't recommend it, although they have been used as slimming aids in the past! Lots of nasty chemicals in raw veg as well.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 May '13 12:461 edit
    Originally posted by Kepler
    There are lots of nasty diseases in raw/undercooked meat. Ever had a tapeworm? I don't recommend it, although they have been used as slimming aids in the past! Lots of nasty chemicals in raw veg as well.
    I thought the nasty chemicals were on the outside of the veggies, so that they could be washed off.

http://umaine.edu/publications/4336e/

The Instructor
  11. Germany
    Moves
    20 May '13 12:59
    we have bad take aways - but not that bad!! 🙂
    Perhaps it's an acquired taste, like grease with salt and grease is for Brits.
  12. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    20 May '13 13:03
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I thought the nasty chemicals were on the outside of the veggies, so that they could be washed off.

The Instructor
    The skin of most fruits and veggies is porus, just like yours. Strawberries are so loaded with toxins washing makes no difference. Trader Joe's sells frozen organically grown strawberries.
  13. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    20 May '13 13:08
    Avoid corn and sugar beets if you live in the US as both have been genetically modified by Monsanto. Sugar beets are not to be confused with the beets in the grocer's veggie bin. It will be seen on the long list of ingredients on processed foods as it is cheaper than cane sugar.

Avoid processed meats in the US unless you like rat turds.

If the list of ingredients contains chemicals difficult to pronounce, you'd be safer eating the box or wraper.
  14. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    20 May '13 13:56
    Originally posted by RJHinds

The Instructor
    Red kidney beans contain phytohaemagglutinin.

Potatoes are part of the nightshade family and develop solanine on exposure to light. You should never eat green potatoes for this reason.

There are many other examples of nasties present in plants to dissuade herbivores from eating them.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    20 May '13 19:55
    Originally posted by Phranny
    Avoid corn and sugar beets if you live in the US as both have been genetically modified by Monsanto. Sugar beets are not to be confused with the beets in the grocer's veggie bin. It will be seen on the long list of ingredients on processed foods as it is cheaper than cane sugar.

Avoid processed meats in the US unless you like rat turds.

If the list o ...[text shortened]... ngredients contains chemicals difficult to pronounce, you'd be safer eating the box or wraper.
    Yeah, also avoid ascorbic acid. A highly dangerous and corrosive chemical.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree