5 foods never to eat???

5 foods never to eat???

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e

Moves
20 May 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Kepler
Red kidney beans contain phytohaemagglutinin.

Potatoes are part of the nightshade family and develop solanine on exposure to light. You should never eat green potatoes for this reason.

There are many other examples of nasties present in plants to dissuade herbivores from eating them.
I know people who eat a lot of veg and frankly don't look to healthy for it. I think fruit is better on the whole. tomatoes are very good, watercress is very good, potatoes are nothing but starch. but broccoli is interesting; it has the surface area of a football pitch - one piece so it mops up anything sprayed on it, even though its supposedly very healthy, i do eat it but it gets very well washed...

e

Moves
21 May 13

Originally posted by Kepler
There are lots of nasty diseases in raw/undercooked meat. Ever had a tapeworm? I don't recommend it, although they have been used as slimming aids in the past! Lots of nasty chemicals in raw veg as well.
i think all red meat is better for you, and tastes a lot better in a slow cooker - its hard to digest - hence the reason...

p

Moves
22 May 13

I tried frogs legs once ,never again .
They kicked all my peas of the plate ...😵😵😵😵😵

e

Moves
22 May 13

Originally posted by phil3000
I tried frogs legs once ,never again .
They kicked all my peas of the plate ...😵😵😵😵😵
i have had them once & were actually quite nice is true they are like chicken!

e

Moves
30 May 13
5 edits

I have this theory Mint tea could be a very good slimming aid; here's a yahoo answers page on it

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100312085520AAd8Jj8

they are saying green tea and mint tea help you loose weight - both speed up digestion. I can only drink green tea if its very weak - if you get it in a chinese resteraunt they make it that way. Mint tea though am sure thats good for you....

edit and they will work much much better then the stupid slimming products advertised on this site . Don't pay good money for junk like that - its a deceit. Green tea and Mint tea are cheap and work a bit.

e

Moves
04 Jun 13
3 edits

It was in the papers today (the Express I think) that a vegetarian diet makes you live longer. Also my aunt was telling me, 50 years ago when she was growing up they got daily vitamin C pills, back then they knew....yawn... 😴

I've recently moved to Scotland and am bemused by the diet of porridge, steak, steak, steak pie, steak and potatoes. Porridge is quite good for you, but in my town there is 1 green grocers to 5 (maybe more) butchers. Its not like that down south at all...