1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    15 Sep '13 21:26
    http://phys.org/news/2013-09-scientists-cosmic-factory-blocks-life.html
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12728
    18 Sep '13 05:44
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://phys.org/news/2013-09-scientists-cosmic-factory-blocks-life.html
    I don't see no puzzle piece about the forming of life. I think it is just more hype over nothing in an effort to get more research dollars.

    The Instructor
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    18 Sep '13 10:28
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I don't see no puzzle piece about the forming of life. I think it is just more hype over nothing in an effort to get more research dollars.

    The Instructor
    There you go again with your 'after winning the war on evolution' agenda, being the science censor. I sincerely hope that NEVER happens and you and you ilk just grouse about it in a vast minority.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12728
    18 Sep '13 17:49
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    There you go again with your 'after winning the war on evolution' agenda, being the science censor. I sincerely hope that NEVER happens and you and you ilk just grouse about it in a vast minority.
    There is no censor of science with me. Just make sure that it is science and not mere opinion or else you may see my opinion also.

    The Instructor
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    625
    18 Sep '13 17:581 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There is no censor of science with me. Just make sure that it is science and not mere opinion or else you may see my opinion also.

    The Instructor
    Just make sure that it is science and not mere opinion

    what you keep say is “mere opinion” IS science and proven scientific facts.
    For example, evolution is proven scientific fact and not "mere opinion".
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12728
    18 Sep '13 18:13
    Originally posted by humy
    Just make sure that it is science and not mere opinion

    what you keep say is “mere opinion” IS science and proven scientific facts.
    For example, evolution is proven scientific fact and not "mere opinion".
    The following statement from the article is mere opinion, not proven science:

    "The researchers suggest that this process provides another piece to the puzzle of how life was kick-started on Earth, after a period of time between 4.5 and 3.8 billion years ago when the planet had been bombarded by comets and meteorites."

    The Instructor
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    18 Sep '13 18:34
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The following statement from the article is mere opinion, not proven science:

    "The researchers [b]suggest
    that this process provides another piece to the puzzle of how life was kick-started on Earth, after a period of time between 4.5 and 3.8 billion years ago when the planet had been bombarded by comets and meteorites."

    The Instructor[/b]
    We continue to have this conversation about evolution vs life origin. They are two separate species in science. Get it? ORIGIN\= (does not equal) evolution.

    Of course you will just continue to deny deny deny My thumbs are in my ears, I refuse to hear you Nya Nya Nya.
  8. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    625
    18 Sep '13 19:58
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The following statement from the article is mere opinion, not proven science:

    "The researchers [b]suggest
    that this process provides another piece to the puzzle of how life was kick-started on Earth, after a period of time between 4.5 and 3.8 billion years ago when the planet had been bombarded by comets and meteorites."

    The Instructor[/b]
    what does whether that is a proven fact got to do with evolution being a proven fact?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12728
    19 Sep '13 03:401 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    We continue to have this conversation about evolution vs life origin. They are two separate species in science. Get it? ORIGIN\= (does not equal) evolution.

    Of course you will just continue to deny deny deny My thumbs are in my ears, I refuse to hear you Nya Nya Nya.
    You are not thinking again. There must be an accounting for biological life before there can be any biological evilution. So they are logically tied together. You didn't think about that, did you? Another example of your problem caused by the lack of thinking on the right things.

    The Instructor
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12728
    19 Sep '13 03:47
    Originally posted by humy
    what does whether that is a proven fact got to do with evolution being a proven fact?
    Obviously, if you did not have a problem of right thinking, then you would realize that evilution is based on suggestions and opinions that are not proven facts; so it logically follows that evilution is not a proven fact either. You never thought of that either, right?

    The Instructor
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    21 Sep '13 03:49
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are not thinking again. There must be an accounting for biological life before there can be any biological evilution. So they are logically tied together. You didn't think about that, did you? Another example of your problem caused by the lack of thinking on the right things.

    The Instructor
    It's funny, the rest of the world thinks evolution is a separate science from life origin studies. But just because we can't figure out exactly how life started doesn't mean we can't study evolution and see what answers it gives in terms of understanding the life forms we see all around us.

    We don't need a bible for that, we can study it for ourselves without needing a supernatural reference point.

    I'll believe the real scientists and not you, EVER, thank you very much.

    NOT.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12728
    21 Sep '13 06:04
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It's funny, the rest of the world thinks evolution is a separate science from life origin studies. But just because we can't figure out exactly how life started doesn't mean we can't study evolution and see what answers it gives in terms of understanding the life forms we see all around us.

    We don't need a bible for that, we can study it for ourselves w ...[text shortened]... point.

    I'll believe the real scientists and not you, EVER, thank you very much.

    NOT.
    Instead of wasting time on the study of the stupid theory of evilution, why not put all the effort in studying real biology and real science? Then we could all get along much better.

    The Instructor
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    22 Sep '13 23:501 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Instead of wasting time on the study of the stupid theory of evilution, why not put all the effort in studying real biology and real science? Then we could all get along much better.

    The Instructor
    Ah, you mean just ignoring the implications of evolutionary biology. Well one of the things that evolution just taught us is humans picked up a useful immune system mutation about 200,000 years ago that made us a lot more resistant to bacteria, viruses and parasites in nature that let us have lifespans twice as long as monkeys, chimps and so forth.

    We have a mutated protean that revs up our immune system and lets us have a longer reproductive lifespan than the other primates. They have shown that second immune system is good for the young but comes back to bite us in the butt in later life with diseases like diabetes, hardening of the arteries, arthritis, and other auto immune diseases.

    We used to thing of all those diseases as the result of our modern pollution filled life but through the study of evolution and ancient mummies we now know (which will re-write the book on these diseases) that the ancients had the same problems as modern people and they studied the few hunter gatherer societies of today and found they also have the same 'modern' problems.

    All this from the study of evolution and more to come. A LOT more.

    But of course if you were the Tzar of science you would put a stop to all that in your sick zeal to kill science and force people to accept your ridiculous idea the Earth is only 6000 years old.

    You are getting more and more marginalized every year and your worthless thoughts get further into the fringe. You should have a talk with Art bell, he would love to have you on his internet radio show.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12728
    23 Sep '13 05:42
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Ah, you mean just ignoring the implications of evolutionary biology. Well one of the things that evolution just taught us is humans picked up a useful immune system mutation about 200,000 years ago that made us a lot more resistant to bacteria, viruses and parasites in nature that let us have lifespans twice as long as monkeys, chimps and so forth.

    We ha ...[text shortened]... nge. You should have a talk with Art bell, he would love to have you on his internet radio show.
    There is no way that evilution can know what happened 200,000 years ago. Can't you see that that is just a made-up number? Evilution is a liar.

    The Instructor
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    23 Sep '13 10:45
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There is no way that evilution can know what happened 200,000 years ago. Can't you see that that is just a made-up number? Evilution is a liar.

    The Instructor
    Well we CAN know by intelligent inference about the mutation rates of DNA and can project it all back in time. The fact you refuse to accept that just goes to show how much you have been deluded by your ponzi scheme intelligent design religion.
Back to Top