1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 18:53
    http://www.sciencenewsforkids.org/2013/04/scientists-build-a-transistor-from-dna/

That can redefine the term cyborg!
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 22:041 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://www.sciencenewsforkids.org/2013/04/scientists-build-a-transistor-from-dna/

That is absolute proof of intelligent design of biological systems that work similar to a computer requiring a language to carry out the program. This should explain a lot of things, like why animals do things without being taught. The designer already included those program instructions in the design. Not a direct proof of the God of the Holy Bible, but a pretty good indication because He is the only God that has made such a claim for Himself.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 16:401 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That is absolute proof of intelligent design of biological systems that work similar to a computer requiring a language to carry out the program. This should explain a lot of things, like why animals do things without being taught. The designer already included those program instructions in the design. Not a direct proof of the God of the Holy Bible, but a pretty good indication because He is the only God that has made such a claim for Himself.
    We don't need your biblical analysis to show there is intelligence inside DNA. We already knew that. It is like a computer in itself. All your so-called arguments are just straw men, it has nothing to do with intelligent design, real or imagined. It has a lot to do with HUMAN intelligence figuring out the DNA molecule can be used for things other than life. In this case as part of a transistor, which is just a device that can amplify a small signal or switch a larger electric current with a very small current as the switcher.

This is technology in action using a very complex molecule as a switch. It has nothing to do with intelligent design, evolution or creationism.

Your head is screwed on so crooked you see creationism in every crack where this is just a technological development.
  4. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 16:45
    While it might indicate a "prime mover" subject to all the laws of nature it put in place, you have lost the logic thread when you claim that it is even indirect proof of God as described or defined in the Bible or any other text. Why the Judeo/Christian god is any more or less valid or real than the gods in a polytheistic religion is unclear to me. What is clear is that religion has been used in the past and present to commit heinous crimes against others. I am an agnostic. I can neither prove nor disprove the existance of an omnicient, omnopotent being. I try to consciously live a compassionate, caring and loving life helping others and the earth's flora and fauna. If there is a god who wants us to do good, it will recognize my efforts. I doubt it is an egotistical entity that demands I recognize it and worship it or else.... That sounds far too human.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 17:53
    Originally posted by Phranny
    While it might indicate a "prime mover" subject to all the laws of nature it put in place, you have lost the logic thread when you claim that it is even indirect proof of God as described or defined in the Bible or any other text. Why the Judeo/Christian god is any more or less valid or real than the gods in a polytheistic religion is unclear to me. What i ...[text shortened]... al entity that demands I recognize it and worship it or else.... That sounds far too human.
    You and sunhouse are both humanist. You are an agnostic humanist and sunhouse is an atheist humanist.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 19:34
    You and sunhouse are both humanist. You are an agnostic humanist and sunhouse is an atheist humanist.
    That shows your bias full blown. I never said I was an atheist. Rather, I don't give a crap one way or another, can't prove it exists, can't prove it doesn't. Like I said before, I want freedom FROM religion, freedom from idiots like you telling us how we should live our lives.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 02:31
    That shows your bias full blown. I never said I was an atheist. Rather, I don't give a crap one way or another, can't prove it exists, can't prove it doesn't. Like I said before, I want freedom FROM religion, freedom from idiots like you telling us how we should live our lives.
    If there is a Creator of the heavens and the earth that began human life on earth, why wouldn't you give a crap to know why He did it?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 12:30
    If there is a Creator of the heavens and the earth that began human life on earth, why wouldn't you give a crap to know why He did it?
    Because your so-called god has zero interaction with people. Your fantasy stories about how this so-called god did this and did that 3000 years ago and such is just that, a bunch of fantasy stories. The world has gone through some extremely bad times, even in the last 200 years and going back 1000 years to the time of the inquisitions and crusades. Your so-called god did nothing, not one word to stop all those atrocities and then the atrocities of the 19th and 20th centuries, literally tens of millions of people died, whether you say from atheists or christians, your so-called god was totally silent there too.

My conclusion, I cannot dismiss out of hand the possibility of there being some kind of god in the universe but I sure as hell can dismiss the possibility of YOUR god being real.

For such god to let humanity go through a thousand years of suffering like that by literally hundreds of MILLIONS of people tells me, if it is a real god, it cares NOTHING for humanity, only interested in collecting its heaven filled with worshiping sycophants which seems to be its main objective.

This is a god I would hate to my dying breath and would WELCOME the flames of hell to be away from such an insane being.
  9. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 16:57

I wonder if they can bias them in the enhancement or depletion mode.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 18:00
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    I wonder if they can bias them in the enhancement or depletion mode.
    Good question, they didn't mention N or P type. Maybe it is just a switch.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 23:06
    Because your so-called god has zero interaction with people. Your fantasy stories about how this so-called god did this and did that 3000 years ago and such is just that, a bunch of fantasy stories. The world has gone through some extremely bad times, even in the last 200 years and going back 1000 years to the time of the inquisitions and crusades. Your so- ...[text shortened]... te to my dying breath and would WELCOME the flames of hell to be away from such an insane being.
    I am sorry I upset you so much.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 23:44
    I am sorry I upset you so much.
    You and 2 billion others. Like I said, I want freedom FROM religion.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Apr '13 23:071 edit
    You and 2 billion others. Like I said, I want freedom FROM religion.
    You are not the only one that wants freedom FROM religion, but in this country we have freedom OF religion. You will have to look elswhere for that, perhaps in the jungles of Africa or some other place with few or no people.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Apr '13 17:33
    You are not the only one that wants freedom FROM religion, but in this country we have freedom OF religion. You will have to look elswhere for that, perhaps in the jungles of Africa or some other place with few or no people.
    I want freedom from the DEADLY religions, Christianity, Islam and so forth. I don't see Ba'hai's doing suicide bombing or killing abortion doctors or forcing the conversion to Islam or Christianity like both those religions are well known for.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Apr '13 21:41
    I want freedom from the DEADLY religions, Christianity, Islam and so forth. I don't see Ba'hai's doing suicide bombing or killing abortion doctors or forcing the conversion to Islam or Christianity like both those religions are well known for.
    All the Christian I know do not call for or try to kill abortion doctors. In fact, they are against murders of all kinds. So your generalization is not the fault of Christianity, but a flaw in the individuals who refuses to keep the commandments of Christ. You did not mention Judaism, so I am not sure you are including it in with the deadly religions or not.

However, on the other hand, I could be wrong, but I do believe the Islamic religion advocates the beheading and murder of those that disagree with Islam.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree