Anyone still think the Apollo landings faked?

Anyone still think the Apollo landings faked?

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Jun 08

Originally posted by Sam The Sham
If we never landed on the moon, the very same moon-hoax theorists would be screaming that we did land on the moon and that there is a conspiracy to cover it up. They're just nuts.
There is one even here on RHP, a woman (proported woman) who happens to be in the top twenty rating wise here but it goes to show you being smart has nothing to do with being rational. This woman (?) is a rabid conspiracy theorist and says she has inside knowledge which is the biggest line of BS I ever heard, she won't even answer such questions as 'If the Russians had any wind of this supposed hoax, they would be the first one to plaster it over all the media'
or 'the moon rocks themselves are proof we were there, we can't duplicate those rocks in a lab even now in the 21st century much less 40 years ago'. Those kind of questions go right over her head and any other hoax addict. Like you say, they are nuts pure and simple.
You can probably figure out the "woman" I am talking about. Jesus Wept.

Moves
04 Jun 08

does anything from the mars rover expeditions account for any mediocre proof, or the flybys beyond jupiter, or the interception of eros , etc

z

Moves
04 Jun 08

Originally posted by olddog
does anything from the mars rover expeditions account for any mediocre proof, or the flybys beyond jupiter, or the interception of eros , etc
The 'Moon Conspiratorists' are a complete insult to all those, not least the astronauts, who dedicated their lives to such a fantastic venture. To say to someone who actually orbitted or walked upon the Moon 'you are a liar' is disgusting.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
04 Jun 08
2 edits

Olddog, are you asking for proof of trans-lunar spaceflight in general?

Cape Town

Moves
05 Jun 08

I have no doubt that people landed on the moon and that there are spacecraft on mars, but looking at the cost of such ventures (the latests lander is worth over US$ 300 million) would it be cheaper to actually build the craft and send it or to convincingly fake the whole thing?

STS

Moves
05 Jun 08
3 edits

Originally posted by twhitehead
I have no doubt that people landed on the moon and that there are spacecraft on mars, but looking at the cost of such ventures (the latests lander is worth over US$ 300 million) would it be cheaper to actually build the craft and send it or to convincingly fake the whole thing?
What would be the point of faking it? (and it would be impossible to fake it and get away with it, after which the public relations nightmare of getting caught would bring down any administration that did so)

It's the absurd notion that such an accomplishment could be faked successfully that makes the moon landing hoax conspiracy advocates so ridiculous. It just couldn't be done.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
05 Jun 08

So we all agree that the Apollo did land on the moon?

It's ridiculous that I should even ask.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Jun 08

Originally posted by telerion
So we all agree that the Apollo did land on the moon?

It's ridiculous that I should even ask.
They certainly did land, one point the hoaxers fail to appreciate is the moon rocks themselves, they can't be faked even today, much less 40 years ago.

STS

Moves
05 Jun 08

40 years ago many thousands of people were sworn to secrecy and faked the 6 Apollo moon landings. The countless thousands more who worked in the space program never suspected they were being fooled with a bogus project that didn't exist. In all this time, none of the people involved have ever come forward to talk. The Russians who eagerly monitored the phony space flights were completely taken in and didn't suspect a thing. It makes perfect sense to me.

STS

Moves
05 Jun 08
2 edits

Ooops. Meant to edit, not repost.

Seems like the Soviets would have been happy to point out any inconsistancies at the time and use their propaganda machine to claim the moon landings were phony, but they didn't. Damn we fooled them, didn't we?

s
Slappy slap slap

Under your bed...

Moves
06 Jun 08

Originally posted by shavixmir
Is there wind on the moon?
If not, how come the flag's waving?
Solar wind

s
Slappy slap slap

Under your bed...

Moves
06 Jun 08

If a rocket lands with approximately 3000 pounds of thrust on a sandy surface, wouldn't there be a sizeable crater underneath it. Especially visible after the rocket departs again?
Boy, you talk like you've been to the moon my friend. Plus the flag is plastic.

s
Slappy slap slap

Under your bed...

Moves
06 Jun 08

Originally posted by flexmore
The question is: is there any point in going to the moon?
It was to show the USSR that we could do it and they couldn't. That made StarWars possible and I'm not talking about the movie.

STS

Moves
06 Jun 08
2 edits

Is there wind on the moon?
If not, how come the flag's waving?
It's hot air from all the moon-hoax advocates.

Or maybe after spending billions to fake it, they left a fan on in the studio, then they aired it anyway because they didn't think all you sharpies out there would notice.

The rippling flag has been explained so many times it amazes me when someone mentions it. It's old news, been debunked, incredible that it keeps coming up with a new batch of suckers every so often who didn't get the word.

s
Slappy slap slap

Under your bed...

Moves
06 Jun 08

Originally posted by Sam The Sham
It's hot air from all the moon-hoax advocates.

Or maybe after spending billions to fake it, they left a fan on in the studio, then they aired it anyway because they didn't think all you sharpies out there would notice.

The rippling flag has been explained so many times it amazes me when someone mentions it. It's old news, been debunked, incredibl ...[text shortened]... that it keeps coming up with a new batch of suckers every so often who didn't get the word.
The flag IS plastic, correct?