1. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 14:26
    A lot of hooey gets passed out about the Van Allen radiation belts and how they'd kill anyone passing through them, which is nonsense. While it was a concern, they went through them in 30 minutes or so, and exposure was kept to a minimum. Even so, it's interesting that of the 36 men who flew through them on the way to the moon, 33 of them did develop early stage cataracts as they got older, believed to have been caused by radiation exposure.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 17:49
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    A lot of hooey gets passed out about the Van Allen radiation belts and how they'd kill anyone passing through them, which is nonsense. While it was a concern, they went through them in 30 minutes or so, and exposure was kept to a minimum. Even so, it's interesting that of the 36 men who flew through them on the way to the moon, 33 of them did develop early stage cataracts as they got older, believed to have been caused by radiation exposure.
    That does not bode well for the future of manned interplanetary or interstellar flight, eh. There will have to be some kind of shielding developed. There are magnetic shields being designed now that puts a huge magnetic field around the whole spacecraft that deflects radiation into an area that has nothing in it so it just passes by without effect.
  3. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 14:56

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 14:58

5. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 15:02

6. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 15:06
    Which just emphasises the bravery and courage shown by the pioneers who helped humankind gather knowledge. The disgraceful moon-conspiraists have insulted these brave, intelligent people just to make money. Those who follow and believe moon-conspirists are stupid, naieve people. I do not blame Buzz Aldrin for punching that 'journalist' on the nose. The liar, who knew Buzz set foot on the moon, stirred up trouble just to make money and a name for himself. It is disgraceful, irresponsible behaviour.

Buzz, Neil, Michael, Apollo 13 crew and all of you who participated in this magnificent event - WELL DONE! You and the whole scientific team have my complete and absolute admiration.

Moon conspirators - You are not wanted.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 15:10
    Originally posted by znsho
    Which just emphasises the bravery and courage shown by the pioneers who helped humankind gather knowledge. The disgraceful moon-conspiraists have insulted these brave, intelligent people just to make money. Those who follow and believe moon-conspirists are stupid, naieve people. I do not blame Buzz Aldrin for punching that 'journalist' on the nose. The liar, ...[text shortened]... ific team have my complete and absolute admiration.

Moon conspirators - You are not wanted.
    The Apollo astronauts should be allowed to shoot moon hoax advocates on sight and mount their heads on a wall.
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    18 Jun '08 04:56
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    The Apollo astronauts should be allowed to shoot moon hoax advocates on sight and mount their heads on a wall.
    Heck, everyone should be allowed to do that!!
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Jun '08 07:43
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Heck, [b]everyone should be allowed to do that!![/b]
    Skeeter's head on my mantlepiece. Now that's a cheerful thoughtπŸ™‚
  10. Joined
    16 Jun '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 21:20
    If it was faked, then why would they bother faking another six missions?
  11. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Jun '08 01:13
    Originally posted by cawsddyn
    If it was faked, then why would they bother faking another six missions?
    Because some people thought the first one was faked, of course!! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜›πŸ™„
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jun '08 03:27
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Because some people thought the first one was faked, of course!! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜›πŸ™„
    It's a testiment to the smallness of some people's minds, they do not have the intellectual comprehension to believe something so historic as a moon landing could have actually happened. The same people could look at a mars bar and be convinced it was dog poop.
  13. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Jun '08 04:16
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It's a testiment to the smallness of some people's minds, they do not have the intellectual comprehension to believe something so historic as a moon landing could have actually happened. The same people could look at a mars bar and be convinced it was dog poop.
    amen to that, mate.
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    20 Jun '08 15:34
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What a pathetic statement to make.

Besides the fact that you're assuming that people who don't believe in the moon landings because "they can't comprehend something so historic happening", it's so easily turned around to the same extent, by suggesting:
    "It's a testament to the smallness of some people's minds, they do not have the intellectual capacity to look further than the propaganda they are fed, and ultimately believe absolutely everything they're told, without backing it up with proof."

Have you ever touched anything they brought back from the moon, after you had a scientist of your choice advice you that it does not belong to the Earth?
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jun '08 16:111 edit
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    What a pathetic statement to make.

Besides the fact that you're assuming that people who don't believe in the moon landings because "they can't comprehend something so historic happening", it's so easily turned around to the same extent, by suggesting:
    "It's a testament to the smallness of some people's minds, they do not have the intellectual capaci r you had a scientist of your choice advice you that it does not belong to the Earth?
    I hate to break it to you, but I WORKED on the Apollo program. I was there at Goddard Space Flight Center, I worked on Apollo Timing and tracking, the atomic clocks needed for data accurate data transmission and the tracking part was a transponder onboard the LEM that rebroadcasted a digital signal that was sent from earth to the LEM which sent it right back and the digital information on that digital stream was used to figure out exactly and I mean within 50 feet, how far away from earth was the Apollo. We could have gotten that measurement down to 6 inches but it wasn't needed. 50 foot resolution at 200,000+ miles was plenty good enough. It maxed out at 500,000 miles so there was plenty of room to spare. It was a kind of electronic ruler in space. And btw, I DID touch a moon rock, I had a buddy at Goddard who was in charge of slicing and dicing the return rocks and he took me on a tour of the bank vault the moon rocks were kept in. It was like a religious epiphany when he let me handle one of them. I was thinking, OMG, I am touching an actual moon rock brought back by those hero's. I was literally shaking.
    The moon rock itself looked so incredibly alien, a little piece of outer space in my hand. I was also thinking, why are they letting me touch this rock with my bare hands, I mentioned that and they said the outer surface they already assume is contaminated, nothing they could do that would keep contaminants away from the surface, but when they cut into the insides, they can do it in such a way as to keep contamination away from ruining the analysis of the rocks. Another buddy there(I actually applied for a job with his group but that ashole Nixon canned the whole program, anyway, he invented the modern method of figuring out what was in a sample by the way the beam of electrons in an electron microscope caused the sample to emit radiation, which was always at a fixed angle for each kind of atom, he handbuilt an Xray detector on a curved assembly that he had marked in atoms, a line for iron, a line for aluminum, a line for silicon, etc and he lined up the little detector at the right angle for the day I was there watching him put in a tiny slice of the moonrock into the scope, (it has to be in a vacuum to work) anyway he had set the detector to Aluminum, and he used the output of the xray detector as a Z axis pip so that when the scanning electron beam slammed into an aluminum group of atoms, the detector would go off and he used that signal to brighten the screen on the little monitor that showed the image so little bright patches showed up where there was aluminum but he was magnifying it at something like 20,000 times, ten or twenty times better than ANY optical microscope and so he analyzed the moon rocks that way. It was very innovative, I kick that ashole Nixon for killing the apollo program, the guy really needed an assistant but they cut his funds even after making the biggest innovation to electron microscopes ever, ho hum, big deal, I'm not going to let some frigging DEMOCRAT started program (remember, it was Kennedy who made the big push to put man on the moon) run and we beat the Ruskies so thats all we needed to do, ok everyone go home now....
    So I was there, Shav, I was there. How many people on the whole PLANET can honestly say they held a moon rock in their hands? I KNOW they could not have duplicated that moon rock, we couldn't do it TODAY, to make a successful fake, and they sure as hell couldn't do in 1969. Thats where all the moon conspiracies break down, they have no answer to the authenticity of the moon rocks, there was no way to have foretold what the composition would have been, only guesses and one BIG thing they didn't know till they got the samples back, the moon rocks, unlike ANY rocks from ANY depth or place on earth, had practically no water in it. Even if you took a rock and melted it to a glowing blog, and let it cool down, there would still be a small percentage or water mixed in, it doesn't all just dissapear, but the moon rocks have no water in them.
    So tell me again how little I know about the Apollo program, ok?
    Also, how come the Russians and the Chinese were in on the conspiracy, eh? That was pretty good, getting two of our major enemies to go along with the gag, for sure. That must have cost billions right there, eh.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree