1. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    02 Oct '18 01:13
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24863899/kyrie-irving-boston-celtics-apologizes-saying-earth-flat

    "Kyrie Irving apologizes for saying Earth is flat: 'Didn't realize the effect'"
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    02 Oct '18 05:30
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24863899/kyrie-irving-boston-celtics-apologizes-saying-earth-flat

    "Kyrie Irving apologizes for saying Earth is flat: 'Didn't realize the effect'"
    The globe of the Earth is as flat as a basketball...
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52612
    02 Oct '18 15:42
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    The globe of the Earth is as flat as a basketball...
    Actually, quite a bit flatter, at least on a local scaleπŸ˜‰
  4. Standard memberlemon lime
    go phish
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    03 Oct '18 03:03
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24863899/kyrie-irving-boston-celtics-apologizes-saying-earth-flat

    "Kyrie Irving apologizes for saying Earth is flat: 'Didn't realize the effect'"
    Didn't anyone warn him against joking about such things?
    Any athlete, and especially basketball bouncers, should know better than to make light of such a sensitive scientific issue. πŸ˜•
    Wo! What a rush! I feel so... what is the word I'm looking for?
    Oh yeah... EMPOWERED!


    I get it now, the appeal of righteous indignation. πŸ˜€
  5. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    03 Oct '18 04:52
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    Didn't anyone warn him against joking about such things?
    Any athlete, and especially basketball bouncers, should know better than to make light of such a sensitive scientific issue. πŸ˜•
    Wo! What a rush! I feel so... what is the word I'm looking for?
    Oh yeah... EMPOWERED!


    I get it now, the appeal of righteous indignation. πŸ˜€
    He was not joking, and, to his credit, he later did not pretend that he was.
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    go phish
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    04 Oct '18 23:02
    @duchess64 said
    He was not joking, and, to his credit, he later did not pretend that he was.
    "He was not joking"

    If it wasn't a joke then why the apology? Who did he offend?
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    go phish
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    04 Oct '18 23:22
    I just now clicked on the link and read the 'article'.
    "He later reiterated those beliefs to ESPN's Arash Markazi and commented that it was "hilarious" to him that his comments became a "social phenomenon."

    If you're in the public eye it's always good to know that snowflakes come in all shapes and sizes. 😡
  8. Standard memberSoothfast
    0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,
    Planet Rain
    Joined
    04 Mar '04
    Moves
    2435
    05 Oct '18 05:28
    @duchess64 said
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24863899/kyrie-irving-boston-celtics-apologizes-saying-earth-flat

    "Kyrie Irving apologizes for saying Earth is flat: 'Didn't realize the effect'"
    The Earth is slightly oblate due to its rotation, but certainly to say it's "flat" is an exaggeration.
Back to Top