1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 12:01
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    This is according to our present knowledge. I have a funny feeling this scenerio will change in the coming decades as we figure out more and more about this closed universe we find ourselves in. For instance, as I have said before, if one of the conjectures is true, that our universe is the inside of a black hole and thats what happens to most or all black holes then there is in fact something the universe expanded into, or at least from.
    It is commonly thought that any 'normal' black hole has a centre of (near to?) infinitly dense matter of unknown type surrounding by nothing (?) out to the event horizon.

In the present universe, there is no centre, there is no (near to) infinite dence matter there, and the matter in the universe, is in large scale uniformly distributed.

Yes, I too has heard of the BlackHole type of the universe of ours, but I don't believe it.
  2. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 12:13
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    this post didn't explained anything, just told me i am to ignorant to comprehend those notions. try and explain. and tell me why is more logical(not more mathematical convenient) to add a spatial dimension instead of a temporal one.
    You try, if I understood correctly, to model space time (or its metric) as a 3D continuum which can change with time. But what happens is that time itself comes into the formula of the metric of that same space time, in a non-linear way.
    We can say a new (temporal) dimension is added, but adding this dimension is not the same thing as adding another axis and describing the previous ones in function of this one. Because the other dimensions (spatial) really depends on properties of this "4th" dimension, in a very strange non trivial way.
    That's why I say people should be carefull when saying time is the 4th dimension. It doesn't behave like adding another independent dimension to the system.
    Unfortunately it really requires mathematics to try to explain all of this... I think I can't do any better ...
  3. Joined
    05 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 17:16
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Since the universe is expanding, there must be a point at which one could call the Edge of the Universe, right? Granted, that boundry would change every moment (since it's always expanding at a fantastic rate), but still, at a given point in time, one should be able to say "Right here IS the edge of the universe." My question is what is on the other side ...[text shortened]... answer I've heard is some sort of parallel opposite universe. Anyone have a conjecture?
    god light one of his farts and BANG! the universe was made
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 20:561 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    It is commonly thought that any 'normal' black hole has a centre of (near to?) infinitly dense matter of unknown type surrounding by nothing (?) out to the event horizon.

In the present universe, there is no centre, there is no (near to) infinite dence matter there, and the matter in the universe, is in large scale uniformly distributed.

Yes, I too has heard of the BlackHole type of the universe of ours, but I don't believe it.
    It just makes intuitive sense, our universe starting out as a near infinite density with incredible energy. Starts to sound a lot like a black hole to me. The event horizon? If we are inside it we would be stuck just like we are in this universe. Remember, the bit about 'infinite density' is a result of our incomplete theory of everything, I think it will be proven that the density inside of a black hole does not quite go to infinity but we will have to wait for the TOE to prove it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree