This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Apr '20 13:432 edits
    @Duchess64
    Tell me, when was the last time you complimented anyone on ANY subject?
    Ever hear the phrase 50 shades of gray? Perhaps, just perhaps, there are white people who are NOT prejudiced. Total guess here but just maybe...…

And OF COURSE you will follow true to form with 'the abysmal reading ability of the jingoistic Sonhouse' etc.
    There is also the possibility we are not quite as stupid as you make us out to be.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '20 14:59
    @sonhouse

Are you tired of sucking D's butt hole and still getting rejected?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Apr '20 15:471 edit
    @Eladar
    Nope, over THAT mistake long ago. You didn't read my above post? You think somehow that is me with tongue up butt cheeks?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '20 20:34
    https://www.britannica.com/topic/race-human/Race-and-the-reality-of-human-physical-variation

Melanin, a substance that makes the skin dark, has been shown to confer protection from sunburn and skin cancers in those very areas where ultraviolet sunlight is strongest. Dark skin, which tends to be thicker than light skin, may have other protective functions in tropical environments where biting insects and other vectors of disease are constant threats to human survival. But humans also need vitamin D, which is synthesized by sunlight from sterols (chemical compounds) present in the skin. Vitamin D affects bone growth, and, without a sufficient amount, the disease known as ricketswould have been devastating to early human groups trying to survive in the cold, wintry weather of the north. As these groups adapted to northern climates with limited sunlight, natural selection brought about the gradual loss of melanin in favour of skin tones that enabled some individuals to better synthesize vitamin D.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '20 20:36
    @eladar said
    https://www.britannica.com/topic/race-human/Race-and-the-reality-of-human-physical-variation

Melanin, a substance that makes the skin dark, has been shown to confer protection from sunburn and skin cancers in those very areas where ultraviolet sunlight is strongest. Dark skin, which tends to be thicker than light skin, may have other protective functions in tropical environ ...[text shortened]... oss of melanin in favour of skin tones that enabled some individuals to better synthesize vitamin D.
    Looks like the large number of darker skinned people who are being killed in places far north of the equatorial region is in part natural selection.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '20 01:01
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    There are poor white people too. Most people that get SARS2 do not need to go to the hospital.

It isn't because of a lack of access to healthcare. You are wrong about that. Quality is not enough to explain the high numbers/population ratio. We already know that ACE2 receptors are more common in Asian men. SARS2 does not kill races or gender equally. The sooner you accept that the sooner we can have an open discussion about SARS killing more of certain races than others. You are in denial of reality.
  8. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    11 Apr '20 01:43
    @metal-brain said
    There are poor white people too. Most people that get SARS2 do not need to go to the hospital.

It isn't because of a lack of access to healthcare. You are wrong about that. Quality is not enough to explain the high numbers/population ratio. We already know that ACE2 receptors are more common in Asian men. SARS2 does not kill races or gender equally. The sooner you acc ...[text shortened]... open discussion about SARS killing more of certain races than others. You are in denial of reality.
    Do you have a reliable reference for this statement? My understanding, which can be totally wrong, is that it's expressed in all humans. What I'm wondering is how conserved the enzyme is. If there's more than one variant the virus might bind more strongly to some people's ACE2 protein than others. If this can be tested for it'll help health service staff, as they can be put on covid-19 wards and non-covid-19 wards depending on their genetic susceptibility. It also tells us what order to vaccinate people in if and when a vaccine is available.

I just found a really scary sentence in a paper on ACE2:
    Although real-time PCR revealed that ACE2 mRNA expression is present in 72 human tissues [8], ACE2 protein expression has thus far been identiļ¬ed only in heart, kidney, and testis [1].

Does anyone understand reference [2], because this is way beyond me. It might answer my question above and it might not.

[1] https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1002/path.1570
    [2] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene/59272
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '20 02:08
    @deepthought said
    Do you have a reliable reference for this statement? My understanding, which can be totally wrong, is that it's expressed in all humans. What I'm wondering is how conserved the enzyme is. If there's more than one variant the virus might bind more strongly to some people's ACE2 protein than others. If this can be tested for it'll help health service staff, as they can ...[text shortened]... ps://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1002/path.1570
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41421-020-0147-1
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '20 02:26
    This could explain some of it.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/video-montana-physician-dr-annie-bukacek-discusses-how-covid-19-death-certificates-manipulated/5709062?utm_campaign=magnet&utm_source=article_page&utm_medium=related_articles
  11. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    11 Apr '20 02:32
    @metal-brain said
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41421-020-0147-1
    Thanks, I think they're talking about gene variation rather than absence in non-Asians, but I've been drinking and need to leave reading it properly 'till tomorrow. Lock down alcoholism...
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    13 Apr '20 00:08
    @deepthought said
    Do you have a reliable reference for this statement? My understanding, which can be totally wrong, is that it's expressed in all humans. What I'm wondering is how conserved the enzyme is. If there's more than one variant the virus might bind more strongly to some people's ACE2 protein than others. If this can be tested for it'll help health service staff, as they can ...[text shortened]... ps://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1002/path.1570
    Reference [2] just says that a particular gene causes the production of the ACE2 protein which coronavirus sticks to. It also describes the biochemical properties of that protein.
  13. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    14 Apr '20 00:56
    @athousandyoung said
    Reference [2] just says that a particular gene causes the production of the ACE2 protein which coronavirus sticks to. It also describes the biochemical properties of that protein.
    The nature article that @metal-brain linked a couple of posts ago does answer the question. There is variation in the ACE2 protein and given data from ICNARC where the rate of admittance for Covid-19 was significantly higher for non-whites than for white people compared with non-covid-19 pneumonia seems to indicate that variation in this gene makes people more or less susceptible to the virus. One would expect socio-economic factors to be as important for non-covid-19 viral pneumonia so I think this is a real effect.

Whether non-whites are more affected due to socio-economic factors as well seems to me to depend on what the seasonal 'flu figures for the US are.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 01:21

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Apr '20 07:19
    @Eladar
    You really are racist. You would not even accept the way whites have trampled blacks and browns for the last 400 years.

What do you think happens to the mentality of those suppressed?

Don't worry, this subject is forever beyond your understanding.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree