1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    20 Apr '20 07:45
    @deepthought said
    Do you have a reliable reference for this statement? My understanding, which can be totally wrong, is that it's expressed in all humans. What I'm wondering is how conserved the enzyme is. If there's more than one variant the virus might bind more strongly to some people's ACE2 protein than others. If this can be tested for it'll help health service staff, as they can ...[text shortened]... ps://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1002/path.1570
    [2] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene/59272
    the actual article on your given source [2] is found here:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3916642/

If you ahve any specific Question on that I could offer (limited) help.
    Trying to explain everything would require at least a crash Course in Bioscience...
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '20 08:00

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    20 Apr '20 11:2213 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    We are ALL aware, including him, that there exists racism in eastern Asia as well as in all other countries of the world.
    NONE of us pretends nor has ever said nor believes there exist NO recism.

None of that implies most westerners are racist nor that some non-westerners cannot also be racist. -you are proof of the latter.
    After all, there is no evidence that there is something in westerner's genes that makes them innately more predisposed to becoming racist then in non-westerner's genes and to think otherwise without evidence is racist.
    So just assuming or calling someone racist, like you so frequently do so here, not because of anything he said or done but rather because he is a westerner, is racist.

What's your point here?

Are you aware that racism against westerners, like yours, is morally no more acceptable as racism against non-westerners?
    I for one don't approve of either.
    Two wrongs don't make a right; Yes, there is racism against non-westerners, and if you respond to that with racism against westerners then you are no better.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '20 18:24

5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    20 Apr '20 19:161 edit
    Humy shows his abysmal reading comprehension (at best)
    in addition to his knee-jerk (about white) insecurity about racism being criticized.

You show your abysmal reading comprehension (at best) for failing to recognize my criticism of racism, something I obviously wouldn't do if I felt "insecurity about racism being criticized", which is just your BS.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '20 23:041 edit

7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Apr '20 00:10
    @Duchess64
    You take a simple statement and then condemn it for not being a 30 page essay on racism. In other words, no matter WHAT I write you will find fault. And, I was not talking to you in the first place so leave me out of your tirades.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '20 00:42

9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    22 Apr '20 08:478 edits
    Neither he or I or anyone else here would deny or forget in particular that East Asians are also targets of white racism and you know it. You call us racist no matter WHAT we say. That also shows you are clearly racist against us. It will be an unreasonable demand to ask us to give a 30 page essay on racism to make sure we mention all types of racism and against all groups. Just a simple "Racism is wrong", or just a few words of that effect like we already gave, should suffice. To any rational person, we not mentioning a particular form of racism isn't an indicator we would deny it exist especially if we already said in effect "Racism is wrong". Does our failure to mention racism against specifically eskimos means we are racist against eskimos? if so, since you also failed to mention racism against specifically eskimos (as well as specifically against westerners), that must mean you are also recist; -Your 'logic'.
  10. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    22 Apr '20 10:20
    "My point is that Sonhouse should NOT limit his criticizing
    white racism to targeting ONLY 'blacks and browns"?
    How hard is it for Sonhouse to remember and acknowledge
    that East Asians also are targets of white racism?"

- Duchess64

And what color or skin-tone should Sonhouse have mentioned to cover himself from being called racist against "East Asians"?

Would Duchess64 care to specify?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '20 22:581 edit

12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Apr '20 00:33
    @Duchess64
    You know, I was speaking of the disparity in the US concerning blacks and browns in medicine. That was what I was concentrating on.
    For you to castigate me for not creating a long tome on racism in general is reprehensible.
    I lived in Thailand for years and saw the racism inherent in Thai society against other Asians and saw that up close but that was not the tone of my piece, this was an AMERICAN problem and of course Asians are suppressed and so forth but it is Blacks and Brown folks paying the life dividend of poor medical treatment and now it shows clearly in the higher death rates of those folks.

So go ahead, cast aspersions on me, be my guest for daring to bring up a subject that doesn't meet with your approval.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '20 01:21

14. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    23 Apr '20 04:56
    "In the USA, it's very common (normal, really) to frame racism as afflicting only black or brown people, while ignoring or condoning it against East Asians."
    - Duchess64

We still wait for Duchess64 to clarify where "East Asians" qualify on her racial spectrum of color.
  15. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    23 Apr '20 06:161 edit
    FALSE. (What's 'here'?) In the Debates forum, ...
    "here" means in this forum, obviously, not the Debates forum. So not "FALSE".

In the USA, it's very common (normal, really) to frame racism as afflicting only
    black or brown people, while ignoring or condoning it against East Asians.
    Do you claim most westerners including myself do this? If not, you make no point. If so, what is the source of this information?
    I have seen none of us here, as in this forum (obviously), expressing or indicating a denial that racism against East Asians exists. To any non-moron, someone not mentioning x doesn't by itself indicate he denies x exists. I assert (yet again) racism against East Asians exists; finally got that now? Now, as I said it now and many times before, are you still going to call me racist? If so, why? In what way do you say am I indicating I am racist? What would one have to say to satisfy you that he isn't racist? A 30 page assay on racism?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree