Buzz Aldrin admits moon landing scam

Buzz Aldrin admits moon landing scam

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
240d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I think NASA has it covered.

Now, who really shot JFK and is the Yeti truly an alien from the planet Zarg?
Animals were outside the Van Allen belts first? How long were they there?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animals_in_space

If NASA had it covered who suggested it was safe outside of the earth's magnetic field and for how long?

Moves
239d

@metal-brain said
Animals were outside the Van Allen belts first? How long were they there?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animals_in_space

If NASA had it covered who suggested it was safe outside of the earth's magnetic field and for how long?
I don't know. - I also don't know how rotational stabilization works or if small perturbations of the axis of rotation lead to oscillations around the balanced configuration.

Like I said, I'll leave that to NASA.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
239d

@Ghost-of-a-Duke
Funny you should mention those unbalances.
When I was at NASA at Goddard Space flight center last century, I was a tech assigned the duty of wiring an analog computer 'program' to analyze that exact same thing, in a rotating spacecraft, say a cylinder shape they needed to know how to put stuff around the inside perifery to keep it balanced so it didn't wobble.
The old analog computers were kind of like an electronic equivalent of a slide rule to calculate these kind of physical problems.
Of course now done on supercomputers.

MB

Moves
239d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I don't know. - I also don't know how rotational stabilization works or if small perturbations of the axis of rotation lead to oscillations around the balanced configuration.

Like I said, I'll leave that to NASA.
Surely animals have been used to determine how much radiation is harmful outside of the Van Allen belt at length of exposure, right?

Moves
239d

@metal-brain said
Surely animals have been used to determine how much radiation is harmful outside of the Van Allen belt at length of exposure, right?
No idea. Survivability was obviously a big part of the testing.

What I am pretty confident about is that any questions you come up with on your veranda, while chewing on your discount tobacco, could easily be answered by NASA, and that your smoking gun is probably a wet kipper. Indeed, they no doubt have answers to even better questions than the ones you have so far formulated.

Moves
239d

@sonhouse said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke
Funny you should mention those unbalances.
When I was at NASA at Goddard Space flight center last century, I was a tech assigned the duty of wiring an analog computer 'program' to analyze that exact same thing, in a rotating spacecraft, say a cylinder shape they needed to know how to put stuff around the inside perifery to keep it balanced so it didn't wob ...[text shortened]... of a slide rule to calculate these kind of physical problems.
Of course now done on supercomputers.
It's a small world. 🙂

MB

Moves
239d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
No idea. Survivability was obviously a big part of the testing.

What I am pretty confident about is that any questions you come up with on your veranda, while chewing on your discount tobacco, could easily be answered by NASA, and that your smoking gun is probably a wet kipper. Indeed, they no doubt have answers to even better questions than the ones you have so far formulated.
Sonhouse claims he used to work for NASA and he has no answers.
Some of the animals they sent in space had radioresistance better than people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioresistance

They should send mice to find out how harmful it can get in the long term. If they already have why doesn't sonhouse know about it? He claims he used to work for NASA.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
239d

@metal-brain said
Sonhouse claims he used to work for NASA and he has no answers.
Some of the animals they sent in space had radioresistance better than people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioresistance

They should send mice to find out how harmful it can get in the long term. If they already have why doesn't sonhouse know about it? He claims he used to work for NASA.
I thought you didn’t accept Wikipedia as evidence?

MB

Moves
239d

@divegeester said
I thought you didn’t accept Wikipedia as evidence?
It depends on how controversial the topic is. Not everything is controversial.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
239d

@Metal-Brain
Hey assswipe, did I claim to have a frigging Phd? I was a TECH, I did my job and it was frigging awesome for sure but I was learning stuff not breaking ground technologically speaking.
I was going to be offered a job with the man who invented the way to analyze chemical samples on an electron microscope but he got his funding cut 20k, some of which would have been my salary but he couldn't hire me when they cut funding.
That was some original work and I would have been in on the ground floor but it was not to be.
When you shoot an electron beam at stuff in a vacuum, there are generated Xrays that come off at specific angles so he took an Xray detector and mounted it in such a way as to light up that part of the sample being shown on the monitor. I lost out of that one.

MB

Moves
238d

@sonhouse

They should send mice in orbit around the moon for months to find out how harmful it can get in the long term. Right?

Moves
238d
1 edit

@metal-brain said
@sonhouse

They should send mice in orbit around the moon for months to find out how harmful it can get in the long term. Right?
Here you go, knock yourself out.

https://www.nasa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/284275main_radiation_hs_mod3.pdf

MB

Moves
238d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Here you go, knock yourself out.

https://www.nasa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/284275main_radiation_hs_mod3.pdf
Your article said this:

"Currently, the main operational countermeasure against the adverse affects of radiation is simply limiting astronaut exposure,
which means limiting the amount of time astronauts are allowed to be in space. This is accomplished primarily by shortening
overall mission duration on the Space Station to 3-6 months"

That is within the earth's magnetic field in low orbit. Mission duration outside of the Van Allen belts has to be a lot shorter than that. Wouldn't you agree?

Moves
237d

@metal-brain said
Your article said this:

"Currently, the main operational countermeasure against the adverse affects of radiation is simply limiting astronaut exposure,
which means limiting the amount of time astronauts are allowed to be in space. This is accomplished primarily by shortening

That is within the earth's ma ...[text shortened]... ssion duration outside of the Van Allen belts has to be a lot shorter than that. Wouldn't you agree?
I'm sure NASA has it covered.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
237d

@metal-brain said
Your article said this:

That is within the earth's ma ...[text shortened]... ssion duration outside of the Van Allen belts has to be a lot shorter than that. Wouldn't you agree?
Says you.

What's your position at NASA?