California Bunker

California Bunker

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 Jul 08

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Northeast Los Angeles; Mount Washington and Highland Park. I work in Inglewood.

I spent a summer as a kid in Alaska, based out of Anchorage. Good times, except that it's like living in a fridge with the light on all the time.
Mt wash to Inglewood, that's quite a commute. 40 miles?
Summertime in Alaska was sure fun for a 15 yo! I had just gotten a ham license a couple of years before back in Glendora and when we went to Alaska, I could only bring a SWR with. My sister and I walked a lot in the woods and our cabin had no electricity, our first place in alaska. So we were walking around one fine sunny day and I spied this building I guess was a well of some kind, but the nice thing for me was the presence of a power pole with a 110 volt outlet! I ran back to our cabin, grabbed my heathkit radio I had built myself a few months earlier, grabbed some wire for an antenna, found that building again and plugged her in. Ran the antenna wire up a tree and listened to short wave for hours, what fun! I thought I would never have the chance to listen when we were in such primitive conditions but that find was great!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Jul 08

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Because it's a big investement and I wouldn't want to build it where I know it's going to be destroyed.
Than my advice would be if it is only for earth quakes, do not bother.
They last minutes or seconds long, you never know when they will
come, and nost people don't think clearly when you are going through
one to get to one. Unless you want to live in one after the big one,
than you will can and will have other concerns.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Jul 08

Originally posted by sonhouse
Mt wash to Inglewood, that's quite a commute. 40 miles?
Summertime in Alaska was sure fun for a 15 yo! I had just gotten a ham license a couple of years before back in Glendora and when we went to Alaska, I could only bring a SWR with. My sister and I walked a lot in the woods and our cabin had no electricity, our first place in alaska. So we were walking ...[text shortened]... er have the chance to listen when we were in such primitive conditions but that find was great!
I was on Adak Alaska for a year, 18 days, 6 hours, and 23 minutes
while in the Navy. ;(
Kelly

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
17 Jul 08

Originally posted by KellyJay
Than my advice would be if it is only for earth quakes, do not bother.
They last minutes or seconds long, you never know when they will
come, and nost people don't think clearly when you are going through
one to get to one. Unless you want to live in one after the big one,
than you will can and will have other concerns.
Kelly
😕

I already said it's not for earthquakes.