1. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 05:58
    so which came first..a dark hole at center of galaxy or a Galaxy's mass creating the dark hole?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '17 01:05
    Originally posted by @ogb
    so which came first..a dark hole at center of galaxy or a Galaxy's mass creating the dark hole?
    Created at the same time.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '17 06:28
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Created at the same time.
    I would say that one triggers the other. Meaning, first one, then the other.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Aug '17 07:56
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    I would say that one triggers the other. Meaning, first one, then the other.
    The mass had to come first or there would be no black hole.
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    22 Aug '17 21:27
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    The mass had to come first or there would be no black hole.
    Except that all mass was a point. Which does seem to imply a black hole.
  6. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    23 Aug '17 06:09
    I imagine that the construct we have for a black hole may be a complete misconception. It seems entirely possible to me that if we were to be in the middle of a black hole, we might find a complete "universe" of complexity and further "powers of 10" style dimensions to further smaller and smaller sizes and that "we" (out here, where we currently are) would be beyond the scope and comprehension of that smaller version of us deep inside the black hole. In essence, the universe would simply be compacted into that small pinhead size.

Further, I imagine that we are, in fact, inside that black hole right now, and that out beyond the furthest detectable objects and energy forms of the universe, some 14+ billion light years out there, there is an expanse so great that the distance from our universe to the next is just the same proportion as the nucleus of an atom to some outer shell. In other words, we are also in that black hole on the greater scale, one in which the full scope of the universe is so expansive that we are but the center of an atom, and the center of a black hole.

I don't have the physics or the math. I have only my imagination. It just seems right to me. I haven't seen anything that runs counter to this imagined conceptualization.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Aug '17 15:13
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Except that all mass was a point. Which does seem to imply a black hole.
    At first, if BB is correct, it wasn't mass at all, it was a vast input of energy, remember good old E=MC^2?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree