1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 May '14 20:57
    String Theory

Isaac Newton asked a simple question: if an apple falls then does the moon also fall?

Isaac Newton said yes, the moon falls because of the Inverse Square Law. So does an apple. He had a unified theory of the heavens, but he didn't have the mathematics to solve the falling moon problem. So what did he do? He invented calculus. So calculus is a direct consequence of solving the falling moon problem. In fact, when you learn calculus for the first time, what is the first thing you do? The first thing you do with calculus is you calculate the motion of falling bodies, which is exactly how Newton calculated the falling moon, which opened up celestial mechanics.

Einstein said that gravity is nothing but the byproduct of curved space. So why am I sitting in this chair? A normal person would say I'm sitting in this chair because gravity pulls me to the ground, but Einstein said no, no, no, there is no such thing as gravitational pull; the earth has curved the space over my head and around my body, so space is pushing me into my chair. So to summarize Einstein's theory, gravity does not pull; space pushes. But, you see, the pushing of the fabric of space and time requires differential calculus. That is the language of curved surfaces, differential calculus, which you learn in fourth year calculus.

Well, physics plotted along for many decades. We worked out atomic bombs. We worked out stars. We worked out laser beams, but recently we discovered string theory, and string theory exists in 10 and 11 dimensional hyperspace. Not only that, but these dimensions are super. They're super symmetric. A new kind of numbers that mathematicians never talked about evolved within string theory. That's how we call it “super string theory.” Well, the mathematicians were floored. They were shocked because all of a sudden out of physics came new mathematics, super numbers, super topology, super differential geometry.

But you see, all this is pure mathematics and so the final resolution could be that God is a mathematician. And when you read the mind of God, we actually have a candidate for the mind of God. The mind of God we believe is cosmic music, the music of strings resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.

Dr. Michio Kaku

YouTube
  2. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 May '14 21:08
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    But you see, all this is pure mathematics and so the final resolution could be that God is a mathematician. And when you read the mind of God, we actually have a candidate for the mind of God. The mind of God we believe is cosmic music, the music of strings resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
    So, spirituality forum maybe?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 May '14 23:043 edits
    String Theory

Isaac Newton asked a simple question: if an apple falls then does the moon also fall?

Isaac Newton said yes, the moon falls because of the Inverse Square Law. So does an apple. He had a unified theory of the heavens, but he didn't have the mathematics to solve the falling moon problem. So what did he do? He invented calculus. So calc ...[text shortened]... ough 11 dimensional hyperspace.

Dr. Michio Kaku

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ5dj-Ozwm0
    And where exactly does he say that Jesus, or the holy trinity is "that God, final answer, no more discussion needed"?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 May '14 01:46
    Originally posted by C Hess
    So, spirituality forum maybe?
    No, science fiction.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 May '14 03:12
    No, science fiction.
    Actually, whether or not String Theory turns out to be true or not, science fiction stimulates the imagination, lubricates the next generation of scientists who try to overcome the intellectual inertia of the previous generation and dig deeper and deeper into just what makes up our universe.

Something you cannot abide, you FEAR the results of science, that is why you are so dead set against any understanding of evolution or life origins or age of Earth questions. You FEAR mankind just might have enough intellectual wherewithal to figure it all out.

That would drive you insane without a doubt.

Fortunately for you science hasn't figured it all out yet so your sanity is safe for yet another few years.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 May '14 05:49
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Actually, whether or not String Theory turns out to be true or not, science fiction stimulates the imagination, lubricates the next generation of scientists who try to overcome the intellectual inertia of the previous generation and dig deeper and deeper into just what makes up our universe.

Something you cannot abide, you FEAR the results of science, th ...[text shortened]... for you science hasn't figured it all out yet so your sanity is safe for yet another few years.
    You should hope you don't go insane because they will never be able to prove it.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 May '14 14:58
    You should hope you don't go insane because they will never be able to prove it.
    Prove what? That String theory is true or not? Are you deliberately being obtuse or did you just not understand what I posted?

Did you read the part where I said it doesn't matter if string theory is proven correct or not, the main point is science fiction is a platform that allows people to project ideas that stimulate the imagination and can make people think in directions they would have otherwise missed.

If a science fiction idea points at vector A and is totally bogus but there is a piece of new knowledge just off Vector A in a slightly different direction the fact that someone thought up Vector A in the first place is significant even if bogus.

That's the way creativity works. Of course you HATE creativity since all YOU think the world needs is your one trick pony.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 May '14 17:09
    Prove what? That String theory is true or not? Are you deliberately being obtuse or did you just not understand what I posted?

Did you read the part where I said it doesn't matter if string theory is proven correct or not, the main point is science fiction is a platform that allows people to project ideas that stimulate the imagination and can make peop ...[text shortened]... works. Of course you HATE creativity since all YOU think the world needs is your one trick pony.
    Why should I hate creativity when I believe it is by creativity that the world came into existence in the first place?
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 May '14 17:16
    Why should I hate creativity when I believe it is by creativity that the world came into existence in the first place?
    Because you ignore HUMAN creativity that's why.
  10. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 May '14 17:19
    No, science fiction.
    Yeah, that's a great idea actually. We should have a science fiction/fantasy forum.
    That would be the perfect place for you to talk about god. Can you make that happen?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 May '14 18:18
    Because you ignore HUMAN creativity that's why.
    I don't ignore human creativity, however, it should be obvious we did not create ourselves or the earth we live on. Therefore, it stands to reason that there must be a greater creative force than human creativity.
  12. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 May '14 18:27
    I don't ignore human creativity, however, it should be obvious we did not create ourselves or the earth we live on. Therefore, it stands to reason that there must be a greater creative force than human creativity.
    Blah, bloh bil da dah, blrrrrrŕ...
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 May '14 01:09
    Starlight And A Young Earth - Dr. G. Charles Jackson

YouTube
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 May '14 01:14
    SO profound.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 May '14 01:17
    Starlight And A Young Earth - Dr. G. Charles Jackson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xdlmykLI58
    Oh, you mean THESE totally unbiased scientists of the creation foundation?

http://www.creationtruth.com/speakers.html

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree