1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 May '16 12:29
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Earth ending global warming or simply warming that is natural? Surely you are not so ignorant to the believe that the earth has always warmed and has always cooled.
    Just yesterday, in India they have a temperature of 51 degrees C. That is almost 125 degrees F.

Just a normal run of the mill change due to the natural cycles of Earth? Bullshyte. Whether you want to admit it or not and all your denier buddies, Earth is in crisis and not due to natural cycles like all you 100% idiots surmise.

The problem with you idiots is the world is reaching a tipping point and you could give a shyte less, business as usual, don't upset the apple cart, so our personal golden parachutes will not be disturbed, let the great grandkids fry, pisss on them, I want it NOW.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 May '16 15:27
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Just yesterday, in India they have a temperature of 51 degrees C. That is almost 125 degrees F.
    India is a big place and I am sure that is not particularly unusual for some parts of India. Its not unheard of in Livingstone where I come from.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 May '16 15:36
    It appears I could be wrong. It depends how you measure I guess. I am fairly sure I have seen a thermometer in excess of 45, but all sources I can find show the record for Livingstone to be about 41.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 May '16 16:39

Just a normal run of the mill change due to the natural cycles of Earth? Bullshyte. Whether you want to admit it or not and all your denier buddies, Earth is in crisis and not due to natural cycles like all you 100% idiots surmise.

The problem with you id ...[text shortened]... den parachutes will not be disturbed, let the great grandkids fry, pisss on them, I want it NOW.
    The earth will survive just fine. It is not in crisis.
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    20 May '16 20:021 edit
    ...and future generations will be in crises if we do nothing.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 May '16 20:031 edit
    Life on Earth, that is another issue. And not even human life we are talking about, if you didn't know, the loss of diversity can be just as bad on humans as the direct loss of animal or vegetable food sources. You lose one big piece of the chain and everything is effected.

Of course, EARTH will do just fine. It did just fine in the aftermath of the Chixulub asteroid hit 65 million years ago, not so good on the dinosaurs.

Life on Earth in general will still go on despite the worse the climate can do to life in general on Earth. It is just a matter of exactly how far will life fall, compared to say the Chixulub impact and the vocanism it probably engendered, where literally 80% of all life on Earth went bye bye.

What do you think would happen to humans if Earth divested itself of 80 % of all life forms?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 May '16 22:27
    Life on Earth, that is another issue. And not even human life we are talking about, if you didn't know, the loss of diversity can be just as bad on humans as the direct loss of animal or vegetable food sources. You lose one big piece of the chain and everything is effected.

Of course, EARTH will do just fine. It did just fine in the aftermath of the Chix ...[text shortened]...

What do you think would happen to humans if Earth divested itself of 80 % of all life forms?
    Life on earth will continue well after man has killed himself according to your beliefs.

Personally I think that nuclear war will destroy the planet for man well before global warming does the job.

Have you ever driven through El Paso in the early morning? Have you even seen the Columbia river as it crosses out of Canada and into the US?

If you ever get to do these things you will see how pollution knows no bounds. Unless you are going to become dictator of the world, you won't stop pollution.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 May '16 01:16
    I have a question: What were the temperature fluctuations and trends like surrounding the last Ice Age?
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    21 May '16 06:302 edits

Personally I think that nuclear war will destroy the planet for man well before global warming does the job.
    Th cold war has ended and it seems very unlikely for there to be a global nuclear war before global warming, only if we were stupid enough to do nothing about it, would cause serious problems for humanity (maybe even a world famine) short of causing humanity's extinction. Even if there is a global nuclear war, although that may wipe out most of humanity, there will almost certainly be survivors that will slowly over generations rebuild societies thus it will not cause humanity's extinction.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 May '16 10:26
    Nobody with any sense has ever questioned the survival of the earth. That you feel the need to use strawmen suggests you know you are wrong.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 May '16 21:55
    Life on earth will continue well after man has killed himself according to your beliefs.

Have you ever driven through El Paso in the early morning? Have you even seen the Columbia river as it crosses out of Canada and into the US?

If you eve ...[text shortened]... nows no bounds. Unless you are going to become dictator of the world, you won't stop pollution.
    Yes, I have seen that and I also saw the pollution pouring out of valleys in between mountains east of Los Angeles when I flew by, but those are individual instances. There is far more crap in the oceans right now, literally millions of tons of plastic bags and such that will take 200 years to deteriorate so now we get even whales caught up in the stuff and suffering because of it. That alone is not going to kill whole species. Warming up the planet by just a few degrees will do the job nicely however. And you and your buddies think, no problem, we will just move the farms north into Canada.

You totally disregard the effect of loss of biological diversity on the whole food chain. A chain is only as strong as the weakest link, I am sure you have heard that one.

The food chain is quite vulnerable to the loss of diversity. It can kill us just as surely as your nuclear war. But hey, who cares, you just go north a bit, don't give a crap if Florida and New Orleans and Brooklyn are all underwater, big deal, there is still a lot of land left in the good old USA.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 May '16 08:03
    There is far more crap in the oceans right now, literally millions of tons of plastic bags and such that will take 200 years to deteriorate so now we get even whales caught up in the stuff and suffering because of it. That alone is not going to kill whole species.
    Actually it most certainly is enough.

But hey, who cares, you just go north a bit, don't give a crap if Florida and New Orleans and Brooklyn are all underwater, big deal, there is still a lot of land left in the good old USA.
    The issue is largely one of cost. The value of the land in Florida that will be given up is such that it would be cheaper to stop global warming. Of course if you don't own investments in the Florida housing market you might think it won't affect you, but as we saw in 2008 housing markets can affect the whole globe.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 May '16 15:57
    Yes, I have seen that and I also saw the pollution pouring out of valleys in between mountains east of Los Angeles when I flew by, but those are individual instances. There is far more crap in the oceans right now, literally millions of tons of plastic bags and such that will take 200 years to deteriorate so now we get even whales caught up in the stuff and ...[text shortened]... nd Brooklyn are all underwater, big deal, there is still a lot of land left in the good old USA.
    Let me know when Florida is unlivable.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 May '16 16:03
    Let me know when Florida is unlivable.
    I am sure you will have seen it on the new by then. Why do you want him to let you know? Why wait till the disaster is here while you hide in your cave?
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 May '16 19:23
    Originally posted by humy
    ...and future generations will be in crises if we do nothing.
    Did you get that prediction from a Gypsy fortune teller?

You will have a heart attack if you do nothing. Same faulty claim using the same type of faulty logic. There is no crisis.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree