1. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 13:03
    http://entertainment.msn.com/beacon/openhtml3_v2.aspx?channelindex=4&from=en-us_msnhpvidmod&ptid=75f6c941-b52a-4523-915f-3fe2acd758fd#/video/82fcd9a2-c46e-43e9-8c66-86e56b91550e
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 13:11
    -not that evolution theory needs any bolstering 🙂
  3. Standard memberforkedknight
    Defend the Universe
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 17:091 edit
    Originally posted by humy
    -not that evolution theory needs any bolstering 🙂
    Yeah, sounds like the actual discovery is more about nailing down the timeline of what (hind legs) evolved when (before moving to land).

However, now we have yet another gap in the evolutionary timeline without "transition" species 😉
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 18:13
    Originally posted by forkedknight
    Yeah, sounds like the actual discovery is more about nailing down the timeline of what (hind legs) evolved when (before moving to land).

However, now we have yet another gap in the evolutionary timeline without "transition" species 😉
    People see what they want to see.
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 20:25
    Originally posted by Eladar
    only those that are creationists, apparently. Most of the rest of us, don't.
  6. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 20:29
    Please. Everyone sees what they want to see.
  7. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 20:414 edits
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Please. Everyone sees what they want to see.
    I for one don't. I do not WANT man made global warming to be true (why the hell would I want global warming? What benefit would I get from a global disaster? ) -but I still see the evidence of global warming.
    As for evolution, I neither want or not want evolution to be true (I suppose that is because I am neither harmed or am benefited from evolution being true ) so me seeing evidence for it is certainly not an example of me seeing what I want to see.
  8. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 20:48
    Science is replete with facts of nature that scientists did not "want" to see when they were first discovered. Every day I see things that I don't want to see. But data cannot be denied. That's life.
  9. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 22:051 edit
    ...and some believe what they want to believe. Or refuse to see what they don't want to see.

Take your pick.
  10. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 22:08
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    ...and some believe what they want to believe. Or refuse to see what they don't want to see.

Take your pick.
    I believe the operative word there is "some" which implies "not all".
  11. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 22:19
    This may come as a shock to delutionists but I wish I DID believe there was a heaven where I could see my parents again. I also wish there was a Rainbow Bridge where I can play with all the dogs I lost. I also would like 72 - or 1,000 - or 10,000 virgins waiting for me after I pass on. But believing something simply by wanting to...well that is an ability only delutionists seem to have. It must be nice to be completely devoid of logic and reasoning and live in a fantasy world where you can convince yourself it's okay to live a life full of hate, intolerance, and evil - yet still be rewarded by some supernatural being for it. Unfortunately, I have a brain that can think.

Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there wouldn't be religious people.
    ~ Doris Egan
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 23:211 edit
    Originally posted by woodypusher

Take your pick.
    All believe what they want to believe. Or refuse to see what they don't want to see.

Some are simply too blind to see it.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 23:23
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Science is replete with facts of nature that scientists did not "want" to see when they were first discovered. Every day I see things that I don't want to see. But data cannot be denied. That's life.
    Yes and science is also full of people who take data and come up with the wrong conclusions. That's science.
  14. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 09:334 edits
    All believe what they want to believe. Or refuse to see what they don't want to see.

Some are simply too blind to see it.
    I honestly don't know if you are so stupid and delusional to actually believe that or you are just pretending to be that stupid and delusional.
    WHAT would make you believe such a thing? What barrier would be stooping someone from thinking rationally and objectively without their wants determining their beliefs? Do I believe that 2+2=4 because I WANT to believe this? And, hypothetically, if you REALLY think it is impossible NOT to believe what you want to be true, why would you think you are any different and thus your beliefs are invalid?
    And how would you explain the fact that I don't believe that there is an afterlife when I WANT to live forever!
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 21:08
    That is because atheists have been blinded to the truth by evilution.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree