1. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '13 17:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I don't know. Maybe an intelligent spirit being created it.

The Instructor
    If you can't explain where the spirit world came from then why do you find the theory that God created everything more convincing than evolution?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '13 19:29
    Originally posted by quackquack
    If you can't explain where the spirit world came from then why do you find the theory that God created everything more convincing than evolution?
    For me the explanation is quite simple: Everything in this world has a beginning and an end. Yet is it is impossible for things to have always been in existence, so this world much originate in something other than itself.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Aug '13 22:051 edit
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Because Evilution is stupid.

Kurt Gödel's Incompleteness Theorem

YouTube

The Instructor
  4. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    06 Aug '13 22:14
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Can we please have all future debate on this matter in this thread. With a possible second thread for Cosmology vs Creationism if that takes over. The problem is that half of the rest of the threads are being taken over by this discussion and it belongs in one place. If someone starts a thread on some new aspect of evolution then it would be nice to d ...[text shortened]... rison with a religion. There should be a debate as one clearly exists - so can we have it here?
    No way. Creationism belongs in the religious forum. Those responsible for maintaining these forums should kick you off the science forum.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Aug '13 23:211 edit
    Originally posted by Phranny
    No way. Creationism belongs in the religious forum. Those responsible for maintaining these forums should kick you off the science forum.
    I thought science should be seeking to uncover the truth. You seem to be one of those that wish to limit thinking. That does not seem to be a good way to uncover the truths that the evil ones do not wish us to know.

The Instructor
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 00:46
    Originally posted by Phranny
    Idiot.
  7. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 12:39
    Originally posted by Eladar
    For me the explanation is quite simple: Everything in this world has a beginning and an end. Yet is it is impossible for things to have always been in existence, so this world much originate in something other than itself.
    Well, if you can't explain where god came from you are not explaining anything evolution doesn't.
  8. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 12:44
    Because Evilution is stupid.

Kurt Gödel's Incompleteness Theorem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8JLvEix8Xw

The Instructor
    Godel's incompleteness theorem does not apply to the theory of evolution. First it's not the kind of axiomatic system Godel was talking about; and second, even if it were, the information exterior to the theoretical system is provided by experiment and observation.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 12:503 edits
    I thought science should be seeking to uncover the truth. You seem to be one of those that wish to limit thinking. That does not seem to be a good way to uncover the truths that the evil ones do not wish us to know.

The Instructor
    Creationism is not thinking. It is repaved old dogma that will never change no matter what evidence against it pops up.

Evolution can be proven wrong in theory, which creationism cannot and because of that it will never be a science. NEVER. Just dogma repeated over and over until weak minds will think it real. Exactly like the 1950's anti communist propaganda in the US: Tell a lie, make it big enough and people will think it real. And for those weak minds who probably are thinking I must be a communist, that was an analogy.

Biblical creationism is not real, just stories made up by men who didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground, just making up stories that seemed to explain an unexplainable (to them) universe. Where a comet appearing in the sky was put down to demons threatening mankind. Where a lightning strike was put down to the anger of god.

Creationism is in EXACTLY the same boat.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 02:45
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Creationism is not thinking. It is repaved old dogma that will never change no matter what evidence against it pops up.

Evolution can be proven wrong in theory, which creationism cannot and because of that it will never be a science. NEVER. Just dogma repeated over and over until weak minds will think it real. Exactly like the 1950's anti communist prop ...[text shortened]... ightning strike was put down to the anger of god.

Creationism is in EXACTLY the same boat.
    I received a threat to be banned if I say anything more that is religious on here, so I have decided to let you guys, who think you know science continue spreading lies among yourself.

The Instructor
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 16:09
    I received a threat to be banned if I say anything more that is religious on here, so I have decided to let you guys, who think you know science continue spreading lies among yourself.

The Instructor
    Lets hope you stick to that stance. Do your trolling in spiritual.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 16:27
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Lets hope you stick to that stance. Do your trolling in spiritual.
    I am trying to keep my comments non-spiritual here. But I might just stop trolling this forum.

The Instructor
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Aug '13 01:03
    I am trying to keep my comments non-spiritual here. But I might just stop trolling this forum.

The Instructor
    Promises, promises. I predict within a week you will be back with the hallalua's.
  14. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    10 Aug '13 09:0115 edits
    RJHinds

IN YOUR OWN WORDS ONLY, what on earth do YOU personally think Godel's incompleteness theorem has got to do with evolution?

-And please please don't refer to Creationist propaganda sites and just say THEY know what they are talking about because, firstly, they obviously don't because they are MORONS, and secondly, I will never look at those stupid sites, and thirdly, that wouldn't explain what YOU personalty think Godel's incompleteness theorem has got to do with evolution and I don't care a F*** what THEY think because they are MORONS -I just want to know what YOU think.
    In fact, please don't refer to anyone else's opinion or reasoning or that expressed by any website -just for once, just state, IN YOU OWN WORDS ONLY, your OWN reasoning and with no copy and paste.

Either prove you can think for yourself by answering this one simple question or admit you cannot think for yourself and don't know what one has got to do with the other because you are ignorant of both. And please don't insult our intelligence by just copy and paste from websites that explain either as if that somehow means you understand it all because we obviously all know you don't.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Aug '13 16:242 edits
    Originally posted by humy
    RJHinds

[b]IN YOUR OWN WORDS ONLY, what on earth do YOU personally think Godel's incompleteness theorem has got to do with evolution?

-And please please don't refer to Creationist propaganda sites and just say THEY know what they are talking about because, firstly, they obviously don't because they are MORONS, and secondly, I will never look at thos if that somehow means you understand it all because we obviously all know you don't.[/b]
    What do I personally think Godel's Incompleteness Theorem has got to do with evolution?

Godel's Incompleteness Theorem showed that those looking to prove a theory of everything and an equation to represent it would never be able to do it, because there would be something they would have to assume that they could not prove and this applies to every system.

So since evilution is a system of belief about how the biological system of life works, Godel's Incompleteness Theorem also applies to it. Evilution can't be proved. You can't prove that you know everything about evilution that can be known. There is always some knowledge about the cause of evilution you don't know, so all of your proofs about evilution are based on at least one assumption. That assumption is either true or false. I believe evilution is based on many false assumptions.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree