1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jan '23 06:29
    @Metal-Brain
    You missed the part where I said a group of scientists figured out how to trap AM, maybe you remember the hundred meter sphere like chickenwire pumped up to around a hundred million volts especially engineered to attract mostly AM and send beams of the stuff to a magnetic trap and built up and held there till needed and I imagine a thousand of them would be needed to collect enough to power a space craft economy.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '23 08:36
    @sonhouse
    A magnetic trap will allow you to make an antimatter bomb, but a controlled explosion is impossible. You have to let the AM out of the magnetic trap and you have failed to explain how you will do that without blowing the AM into your matter space craft. You have also failed to explain how you are going to shoot an AM atom into a matter atom without them missing each other. That is like hitting a speeding bullet with another bullet. Of course, this is not a stream as you mentioned before so you would have a serious lack of thrust making the whole thing useless. You will either not have enough thrust to be of use to you or you will blow yourself up. You are back to square one.

You still have to make AM since you cannot find it. Where are you going to get all of the energy to do that? All of the above is useless if you don't have enough AM and you don't have enough and you never will. Making AM takes a tremendous amount of energy. Where are you going to get all that energy from?

You have been watching too many sci fi programs. Come back to reality.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Jan '23 04:02
    I am talking about the future. Did you think we have all that AM infrastructure in place already?

You have a very limited imagination. Fortunately people MUCH MUCH smarter than you are actually working on the theory and implementation but obviously that will not be done for maybe 30 years or so. With the increase in the power of boosters like the Space X and the new replacement for SaturnV and competition from China there will be a LOT of activity in space in the next few decades and there is also a FISSION powered rocket in the works which will cut the time to Mars to about a month, which implies a thrust of one tenth G, 3 or 4 F/S^2 half way then turn rocket around to break and very high velocity peaks.

That is the only way to really get to Mars so humans can survive the trip.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '23 07:481 edit
    @sonhouse said
    I am talking about the future. Did you think we have all that AM infrastructure in place already?

You have a very limited imagination. Fortunately people MUCH MUCH smarter than you are actually working on the theory and implementation but obviously that will not be done for maybe 30 years or so. With the increase in the power of boosters like the Space X and the new repla ...[text shortened]... y high velocity peaks.

That is the only way to really get to Mars so humans can survive the trip.
    A future of unlimited energy. That means fusion would have to be perfected first to provide that energy. Even then it would be too expensive to make AM. It has to be made in a vacuum. Even a few air molecules of matter would be explosive. No matter at all could slip by or the AM would be gone and your equipment too.

It is too dangerous and I have a great imagination. You just don't want to admit you are wrong. You said it would be a "stream" of AM and you back peddled and suggested just one AM atom coming in contact with one matter atom which would not produce enough thrust to do anything. A stream of AM would blow AM into your matter space craft and blow it up. Your magnetic trap would get blown up and all of the AM in it. It would be a disaster.

It is impossible. Not extremely difficult. Simply impossible. Stick to fusion. AM uses like that are a fantasy.

"That is the only way to really get to Mars so humans can survive the trip."

Sending people to Mars is a horrible idea. That is a job for robots.
    The atmosphere is too thin. Mars has no magnetic field. You will be exposed to solar radiation on Mars just like you would be on the trip there. Mars rotates slow enough for extreme hot temps in the day and extreme cold temps at night. I would sooner live at the south pole in Antarctica. At least I would have good air to breathe. Heck, living at the top of Mount Everest would be better. The air may be too thin to breathe for long, but the air would still be thicker than Mars and have O2 in it. I suggest putting a small settlement on the top of Mount Everest first. If people can't take living up there for 2 years you know Mars is a stupid place for people to go in this century.

Antarctica has volcanoes and at least one of them is active. That makes geothermal a possibility down there. I am surprised people don't explore that idea more for a permanent settlement there. That would make mining possible too. There must be precious metals in the mountains there somewhere.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Jan '23 18:58
    @Metal-Brain
    Things are progressing in the fission rocket area,

https://phys.org/news/2023-01-nasa-pentagon-nuclear-powered-rocket-mars.html

Your lack of education shows up every time you post.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '23 09:49
    @sonhouse
    That is not antimatter. The Voyager space crafts are nuclear fission propelled. Already been done.
    Trying to move the goal post?
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Jan '23 18:20
    @Metal-Brain
    I am showing you ways we can exceed the velocity of chemical powered rockets and the first step is fission. The next step will be AM which is a huge undertaking to capture, hold, and release in an engine but the basic engineering has already been done, given a supply of AM they can make a rocket in the near future but of course the bottleneck is lack of AM but there are ways to get AM and that will be for another century I think.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '23 05:10
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    I am showing you ways we can exceed the velocity of chemical powered rockets and the first step is fission. The next step will be AM which is a huge undertaking to capture, hold, and release in an engine but the basic engineering has already been done, given a supply of AM they can make a rocket in the near future but of course the bottleneck is lack of AM but there are ways to get AM and that will be for another century I think.
    "The next step will be AM which is a huge undertaking to capture, hold, and release in an engine but the basic engineering has already been done"

No it hasn't. It has never been done.

"the first step is fission"

Fission has already been done. Once again, the Voyager space crafts are fission powered. It is as if you are a brick wall. Did you read any of the facts I posted? Look up voyager space craft.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '23 17:28
    @sonhouse
    https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/18948/u-s-has-been-secretly-watching-russias-nuclear-powered-cruise-missiles-crash-and-burn
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jan '23 22:461 edit
    @Metal-Brain
    If you actually looked, you would find the power for Voyager comes from the fissional battery and puts out maybe 100 watts, maybe 200 watts.

That is to run the electronics on board not for propulsion but I guess that pesky detail slipped your mind.

Propulsion needs MEGAWATTS or GIGAWATTS not less than one horsepower of electricity.
    Did you think you were actually winning debating points showing the puny power supply on the Voyagers?
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '23 23:26
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    If you actually looked, you would find the power for Voyager comes from the fissional battery and puts out maybe 100 watts, maybe 200 watts.

That is to run the electronics on board not for propulsion but I guess that pesky detail slipped your mind.

Propulsion needs MEGAWATTS or GIGAWATTS not less than one horsepower of electricity.
    Did you think you were actually winning debating points showing the puny power supply on the Voyagers?
    "That is to run the electronics on board not for propulsion but I guess that pesky detail slipped your mind."

What is your source of information?
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jan '23 22:393 edits
    @Metal-Brain
    You are talking to someone who WORKED on Apollo, I was there when they were launched. Funny how you invariably go 'what is the source of your information' instead of just googling it yourself. Intellectually lazy, you want everyone else to do your search for you.

Kiss my ass COMRADE, find it yourself.

It would be one thing if you were actually interested in the science but all you do EVERY POST is your futile lame attempt to prove your own superiority OR how to spin it so your boss Putin looks good.

That is ALL you do. So to 'prove' your points you put up the biggest POS biased sites that puke the BS YOU think helps your cause because those bogus links agree with YOUR version of paranoia.

If you were actually curious you MIGHT think about the fact the Voyagers have been free flying with ZERO in the way of course correction except by small chemical thrusters but they can't accelerate or decel the craft, only change the direction of travel ever so slightly.

But someone with as little actual curiosity as you, you would never in a million years think about THAT detail either.

All you do is get your rocks off THINKING how you really put us down, totally thinking you actually won an argument when what you are in reality is paranoid TROLL.
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '23 00:39
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    You are talking to someone who WORKED on Apollo, I was there when they were launched. Funny how you invariably go 'what is the source of your information' instead of just googling it yourself. Intellectually lazy, you want everyone else to do your search for you.

Kiss my ass COMRADE, find it yourself.

It would be one thing if you were actually interested ...[text shortened]... down, totally thinking you actually won an argument when what you are in reality is paranoid TROLL.
    "All you do is get your rocks off THINKING how you really put us down"

Us? Schizophrenia?
    How many personalities are in your head?
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Jan '23 18:23
    @metal-brain said
    What is your source of information?
    Just leave it already. That's a question someone who gets his "information" from Zerohedge, and didn't get his diploma from high school, should never ask.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 08:19
    @shallow-blue said
    Just leave it already. That's a question someone who gets his "information" from Zerohedge, and didn't get his diploma from high school, should never ask.
    Zerohedge is one of the best news websites there is.

Anthony Fauci and Francis Collins were extremely interested in a zerohedge article reporting about covid being genetically modified. It was so interesting they had to redact what they discussed about that zerohedge article. It is literally a big secret.

The April 16 email from Collins had "conspiracy gains momentum" in the subject line. Most of the message was redacted, aside from the link to the Mediaite article. Fauci responded to the email from Collins at 2:45 a.m. on April 17, but his response was also redacted.

https://www.newsweek.com/nih-director-dismissed-wuhan-lab-leak-1596765

Francis Collins must have been reading Zerohedge articles. How else would he have known about it? I suppose someone else could have told Collins about that Zerohedge article, but the more people that are involved in that Zerohedge article being passed along makes it ever more weird, doesn't it?

Why such panic over a so called conspiracy theory from from India?

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/coronavirus-hiv-mutation-suggests-nearly-1000x-more-likely-sars-infect

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree