1. Joined
    09 Mar '11
    Moves
    17 May '11 08:07
    i know somone who can only think in green. they dream in green (differnt shades of the same hue of green) they remember in green, they think and imagine in green. they can recognise and see in coulours they just cant see them in their head. i have googled this and i cant find anything. does any one know why this might be or who to ask?

I am very confident that im not having my leg pulled or anything like that.
  2. Joined
    13 May '11
    Moves
    17 May '11 14:15
    If memory serves me correctly here, there is a syndrome called 'Synothesia'. If I have time I'll try to look up the precise term later today. Loosely concept is that the hard-wiring in the brain is different to the normal brain structure and that the senses are perceived in a confused, but interesting fashion.

For instance, someone with the syndrome may perceive sounds or odours as colour. Or they may represent numerals as colours in terms of normal thought processes. It isn't necessarily a bad thing, and is largely down to how cognition develops in the foetus and young infant. Past a certain age, perhaps, around 7 or so, the brain's neural development or hard wiring is almost fixed permanently, after which time it becomes less and less pliable. So, theoretically, everyone has the capability to experience synothesia, but it is an exceptionally rare but, nevertheless medically documented condition and encountered by psychologists.

The one strange thing you've described is that only green is seen, a limiting condition, whereas usually the condition extends an individual's cognition well beyond the human norm. Hope that is of some help to you.
  3. Joined
    13 May '11
    Moves
    17 May '11 14:28
    Found the term. I was almost right. Look up 'Colour Synesthesia'.🙄
  4. Joined
    09 Mar '11
    Moves
    18 May '11 09:01
    you know that makes perfect sence becasue that same person ahs said that certain video games have distinct smells. i have heard of the consiton before i just didnt realise it extended to limiting the imagination in the way it does in this case.
  5. Joined
    09 Mar '11
    Moves
    18 May '11 09:10
    i have researched colour synesthesia and i cant find i single similar case.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    20 May '11 07:26
    Originally posted by daisychainsaw
    i know somone who can only think in green. they dream in green (differnt shades of the same hue of green) they remember in green, they think and imagine in green. they can recognise and see in coulours they just cant see them in their head. i have googled this and i cant find anything. does any one know why this might be or who to ask?

I am very confident that im not having my leg pulled or anything like that.
    Maybe this person is an obsolete computer monitor.

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail14.html
  7. Wat?
    Moves
    20 May '11 20:07
    i have researched colour synesthesia and i cant find i single similar case.
    It's colour symptoposemia.

I bet your mate never sees red, or gets angry, but likes yellow things.

-m. 😉
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 May '11 09:41
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Maybe this person is an obsolete computer monitor.
    If you have InDesign, check out the colour presets for the article editor.

Richard
  9. Joined
    09 Mar '11
    Moves
    21 May '11 23:371 edit
    i googled it and it said there are no documents to match. are you sure you spelt it right?

(colour symptoposemia)
  10. Joined
    13 May '11
    Moves
    25 May '11 14:26
    When you say that you 'researched' colour synesthesia, what do you mean exactly? From the gap between your previous postings your extensive research took exactly nine minutes. Wish I could do all my research that quickly!
  11. Joined
    09 Mar '11
    Moves
    28 May '11 10:35
    Originally posted by Basmania
    When you say that you 'researched' colour synesthesia, what do you mean exactly? From the gap between your previous postings your extensive research took exactly nine minutes. Wish I could do all my research that quickly!
    yes i notices that, looked at a fair few sights for a mention of a simmlar case only after i posted did i realise that my research didnt even reach 10minutes, i have researched for at least a solid hour since, still no sign.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 19:52
    So does he/she like to be out at sea or in a rain forest. or not. ?
    What about the darkness of a movie theatre?
  13. Joined
    09 Mar '11
    Moves
    27 Jun '11 08:25
    not particularly any of those, why did you think they would?
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Jul '11 23:12
    not particularly any of those, why did you think they would?
    I dont know. Just wondering, I've never met anyone like that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree