Hawking's temperature equation

Hawking's temperature equation

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 Aug 22

@Suzianne
I think he has great difficulty with that word 'Read'

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
17 Aug 22

@metal-brain said
You are wrong. There is nothing that can escape a black hole so it is a vacuum.
You are such a retard.
Vaccuums have no gravity dude

I know I’m wasting my time but a vacuum cleaner works because the air around the vacuum expands into that space creating an air current that carries dirt with it.

You don’t really think a Hoover works by gravity do you?!

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
17 Aug 22

@metal-brain said
I never said a black hole was a vacuum.
There is nothing that can escape a black hole so it is a vacuum.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Aug 22

@AThousandYoung
He forgot his memory meds again......

Planet Rain

Moves
18 Aug 22
3 edits

@athousandyoung said

I know I’m wasting my time but a vacuum cleaner works because the air around the vacuum expands into that space creating an air current that carries dirt with it.

It's gotta be pretty strong gravity, because if you lift up a rug and turn it upside-down most of the crud stays stuck to it.

Maybe vacuum cleaners have mini black holes inside of them, and the noise and electrical cord are just decoys to protect the secret of how they work.

I want Metal Brain to get to the bottom of this sinister deception.

Planet Rain

Moves
18 Aug 22

@sonhouse said
@AThousandYoung
He forgot his memory meds again......
Such is the Catch-22 of those taking memory meds.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Aug 22

@Soothfast
🙂

MB

Moves
21 Aug 22

@athousandyoung said

Everything gets sucked into the black hole. That is what vacuum cleaners do too. It isn't that different.

I was talking about the vacuum of space just outside of the event horizon though. That is where the Hawking radiation forms. Nobody seems to have established that radiation comes from the black hole though. Radiation is not supposed to be able to escape a black hole.

The assertion that mass in the black hole is somehow being converted in to radiation from outside of the black hole doesn't make much sense to me. Nobody has explained how that is possible.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
22 Aug 22
1 edit

@Metal-Brain
It turns out there are particles that flare into and out of existence all the time and it is THOSE particles that interact with the area near the event horizon giving rise to the theoretical Hawkin radiation.

Don't worry, you can find a BUNCH of great conspiracies on NEWSMAX or your OTHER favorite, GAB.

MB

Moves
23 Aug 22
2 edits

@sonhouse said
@Metal-Brain
It turns out there are particles that flare into and out of existence all the time and it is THOSE particles that interact with the area near the event horizon giving rise to the theoretical Hawkin radiation.

Don't worry, you can find a BUNCH of great conspiracies on NEWSMAX or your OTHER favorite, GAB.
But that doesn't explain why a black hole would evaporate over time. I don't like the term evaporate, but that is what people are calling it. If matter in the black hole is converted into radiation Hawking never explained how.

Hawking's theory is unproven. The radiation is not coming from the black hole. It is coming from the vacuum of space around it. Unless you can prove the casimir effect is teleporting matter from the black hole into space just outside the event horizon, Hawking's theory is a wild guess that cannot be proved.

You do realize you are answering without an explanation, right? You have accepted a non explanation. That is called faith, not evidence. Your explanation is like saying it is magic. Matter magically teleports out of the black hole in the form of radiation just outside the event horizon. That is pretty much what you are saying.
Here is an excerpt from the link below:

"It can be very difficult to detect black holes in the early universe, because they are so far away and they only produce radiation if they're actively pulling in matter," study team member Bin Luo, of Nanjing University in China, said in the same statement.

If Bin Luo is right, that radiation is not coming from the black hole or the casimir effect. It is coming from matter the black hole is pulling.

https://www.space.com/35231-deepest-x-ray-image-black-holes.html

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Aug 22
2 edits

@metal-brain said
But that doesn't explain why a black hole would evaporate over time. I don't like the term evaporate, but that is what people are calling it. If matter in the black hole is converted into radiation Hawking never explained how.

Hawking's theory is unproven. The radiation is not coming from the black hole. It is coming from the vacuum of space around it. Unless you can p ...[text shortened]... atter the black hole is pulling.

https://www.space.com/35231-deepest-x-ray-image-black-holes.html
You don't even understand the Theory of Relativity.

Explaining relativistic quantum effects to you would be like explaining spaceflight to an ant.

However, if you, against all recommendation, wish to explore this further, I will point you to this page which explains the theory. Good luck.

http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/Hawking_radiation

Moves
23 Aug 22

@metal-brain said
Everything gets sucked into the black hole. That is what vacuum cleaners do too. It isn't that different.
Wow. Just... wow.

This is liverwort-level stupidity.

MB

Moves
23 Aug 22

@suzianne said
You don't even understand the Theory of Relativity.

Explaining relativistic quantum effects to you would be like explaining spaceflight to an ant.

However, if you, against all recommendation, wish to explore this further, I will point you to this page which explains the theory. Good luck.

http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/Hawking_radiation
Still no explanation. FAIL!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
23 Aug 22

@Metal-Brain
Do you realize I don't give a rat's ass WHAT you think. We ALREADY TOLD YOU it was a THEORY and they are looking for smaller BH's that may make measuring theoretical radiation. Whether you don't like the idea of evaporating BH's is none of my concern.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Aug 22

@metal-brain said
Still no explanation. FAIL!
Don't blame me for your epic ignorance.