Hawking's temperature equation

Hawking's temperature equation

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
09 Sep 22

@metal-brain said
Can you prove radiation escapes black holes? Yes or no?
I don’t think it escapes a black hole, it’s a quantum phenomenon where quantum fluctuations create particles and anti particles which usually annihilate each other as they appear. The theory is that if they appear on the event horizon and the negative particle is dragged into the black hole leading to the positive particle not being annihilated and appearing as radiation.
So no radiation does not escape from a black hole it is created on its event horizon.
Many seemingly magical things are posited by quantum mechanical theory some have been observed ( entanglement) and some haven’t ( Hawking radiation ) 🤷🏻‍♂️

MB

Moves
10 Sep 22

@kevcvs57 said
I don’t think it escapes a black hole, it’s a quantum phenomenon where quantum fluctuations create particles and anti particles which usually annihilate each other as they appear. The theory is that if they appear on the event horizon and the negative particle is dragged into the black hole leading to the positive particle not being annihilated and appearing as radiation.
S ...[text shortened]... chanical theory some have been observed ( entanglement) and some haven’t ( Hawking radiation ) 🤷🏻‍♂️
Then Hawking is wrong. He claims black holes evaporate without evidence.

t

Moves
10 Sep 22

@Metal-Brain

No you are wrong. Even your favourite physicists Brian Greene says Hawking proved Black holes aren't totally black and radiate energy. See this video @ 5:05

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
10 Sep 22

@metal-brain said
Then Hawking is wrong. He claims black holes evaporate without evidence.
He does not claim it. He theories it. If you do not understand the difference that is your issue not His.
If his past record is anything to go by I’d bet my house that one day ‘Hawking Radiation’ will be observed.

MB

Moves
10 Sep 22

@trekkie said
@Metal-Brain

No you are wrong. Even your favourite physicists Brian Greene says Hawking proved Black holes aren't totally black and radiate energy. See this video @ 5:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYimxshUK1c
That is not coming from the black hole. It is coming from just outside the event horizon. Nothing is escaping from the black hole as I explained earlier.

MB

Moves
10 Sep 22

@kevcvs57 said
He does not claim it. He theories it. If you do not understand the difference that is your issue not His.
If his past record is anything to go by I’d bet my house that one day ‘Hawking Radiation’ will be observed.
In other words, it is a guess. A mere unproven hypothesis.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
10 Sep 22
2 edits

@metal-brain said
In other words, it is a guess. A mere unproven hypothesis.
No it’s not a guess, and hypotheses are the bedrock of scientific advancement, are you sure your in the right forum, you haven’t got lost on your way to debates or spirituality or some other forum where talking subjective nonsense is almost compulsory.
Your an idiot conspiracy theorist with nothing to say about, or interest in, science other than some masochistic desire to pit your delinquent wits against some of the greatest minds our species has produced.
You are not at all well.

MB

Moves
10 Sep 22

@kevcvs57 said
No it’s not a guess, and hypotheses are the bedrock of scientific advancement, are you sure your in the right forum, you haven’t got lost on your way to debates or spirituality or some other forum where talking subjective nonsense is almost compulsory.
Your an idiot conspiracy theorist with nothing to say about, or interest in, science other than some masochistic desire to ...[text shortened]... linquent wits against some of the greatest minds our species has produced.
You are not at all well.
In other words, no evidence.
Spin it anyway you want. No evidence is no evidence.

t

Moves
10 Sep 22

@Metal-Brain

That is the definition of Hawking radiation !!!

Thank you for finally agreeing with Hawking and us.

MB

Moves
11 Sep 22

@trekkie said
@Metal-Brain

That is the definition of Hawking radiation !!!

Thank you for finally agreeing with Hawking and us.
If Hawking radiation is the radiation that comes from just outside of the event horizon it does not come from the black hole itself. If you cannot prove it comes from the black hole you cannot prove black holes evaporate.

The radiation comes from matter being pulled into the black hole. It is a result of the intense gravity of the black hole, but it does not come from the black hole. In other words, there is no evidence matter from the black hole is being converted into radiation.

t

Moves
11 Sep 22

@Metal-Brain

I show you rhe same proof that Brian Greene mention in the video clip, the black hole is radiating energy. Now you can try to refute Brian Greene, Hawking and a whole body of scientific work.

The proof is mathematical. To understand it you need to understand the context and basis for the proof. Trying to understand a formula in isolation is like trying to understand jibberish, its a collection of letters, numers and symbols.

So to show you I will take you through the foundations. Building on mathematicas and physics, calculus, algebra through to thermodynamics, information theory , quantum mechanics. Whilst imay appear magic quantum mechanics has a strong foundation.

A long that journey you will get to understand two key points. First luminosity is proportional to temperature, so a black hole radiating at just above absolute zero is going to be very faint. Second to build an instrument to measure black body radiation it would need to be at or below the temperature of the radiation you are tryingto detect. So that is very very cold, colder than the JWST.

So you can either find 10s of billion of dollars to build the most advanced telescope ever, and advance science & engineering along the way. Then you will get the picture you seem to want.

Alternatively after all of the study I will show you, if you can refute Hawking radiation, WITH A LOGICAL argument. THen go right ahead. Iam sure Brian Greene will enjoy reading it, he may even mention you on the Josh Rogan show

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
11 Sep 22
2 edits

@trekkie
Another method, theoretical of course, is to make microsize BH, it seems the smaller the BH mass the more energetic these little monsters get. So they might be able to create a VERY tiny BH, don't ask me how🙂 Well, maybe a super sized ITER laser bunch accelerating enough mass in each beam when the masses collide it would be such that a BH is formed. Just my take on how it could be done. I imagine that kind of experiment, you would want to be a million miles from Earth on a fusion powered very large ship, VERY large🙂 to contain a million Inertial confinement sized lasers....Seems like you would want to do such an experiment EXTREMELY BADLY🙂

Moves
11 Sep 22

@metal-brain said
If Hawking radiation is the radiation that comes from just outside of the event horizon it does not come from the black hole itself. If you cannot prove it comes from the black hole you cannot prove black holes evaporate.
What a fabulous way to prove that you have only ever read the 4chan synopsis of Hawking's theory.

MB

Moves
11 Sep 22

@trekkie said
@Metal-Brain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYimxshUK1c
Greene said the same thing I did. The radiation comes from just outside the event horizon.
BTW, do you accept time dilation from mass is gravity and not some byproduct of gravity?

MB

Moves
11 Sep 22

@trekkie said
@Metal-Brain

I show you rhe same proof that Brian Greene mention in the video clip, the black hole is radiating energy. Now you can try to refute Brian Greene, Hawking and a whole body of scientific work.

The proof is mathematical. To understand it you need to understand the context and basis for the proof. Trying to understand a formula in isolation is like trying to ...[text shortened]... t ahead. Iam sure Brian Greene will enjoy reading it, he may even mention you on the Josh Rogan show
Here is an excerpt from the link below:

"It can be very difficult to detect black holes in the early universe, because they are so far away and they only produce radiation if they're actively pulling in matter," study team member Bin Luo, of Nanjing University in China, said in the same statement.

If Bin Luo is right, that radiation is not coming from the black hole or the casimir effect. It is coming from matter the black hole is pulling.

https://www.space.com/35231-deepest-x-ray-image-black-holes.html