100%

Yes, very easy.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 01:29
    "You got all 12 questions correct, along with 10% of the public"

And I barely scraped a pass in Year 12 chemistry and physics, and haven't used either for 50 years. I knew most of the answers from simply reading newspapers and the occasional science article.
  3. In your face
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 14:35
    Wow, I am also in the top 10 percentile of the population. We are a special crew here at RHP.

I was a little confused as to the astronomy question though. I had a vague recollection of someone questioning its validity as a planet a long time ago, but didn't realise that it was the general scientific concensus that it is not a planet. After reading up on this, it seems a fine line between deciding upon its planetary status. Still not to worry, I doubt that it will ever affect me in any way 🙂
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 16:27
    I thought it would be harder. I was 100% correct.

I know that many people don't know the answer to question #10. Many people object to question #2. Many creationists don't know the answer to questions #8 and #11, but who cares about them.

I would like to have a test where the most of us 100%ers only get 50%.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 17:151 edit
    I got 100%. I suppose people at RHP aren't very representative of US high school dropouts.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '11
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 09:05
    11/12. I missed the damn stem cell question, but I swear I knew the correct answer. I'm going to just chalk it up to being drunk and tired. 😉
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 11:07
    Originally posted by fatalinsomnia81
    11/12. I missed the damn stem cell question, but I swear I knew the correct answer. I'm going to just chalk it up to being drunk and tired. 😉
    Not a disaster. Do it again and you will get 100%!
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 00:00
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Not a disaster. Do it again and you will get 100%!
    Actually, if she goes back and she still doesn't know the answer, it could take 3 more tries before she finds it by chance......
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 06:02
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Actually, if she goes back and she still doesn't know the answer, it could take 3 more tries before she finds it by chance......
    But she knows the answer, she even swore that she knew the answer. I think she can top the score this time.

How about the Mensa test? If you fail the first time, have you a better chance to succeed the second time (or the third or even the nth time) you try? Or will you always present the same IQ, no matter how many times you try?
  10. Joined
    01 Jan '12
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 08:09
    I still don't know the answer to the first question. Cortisone is a cream I think I've gotten for a rash before, and I know Aspirin is for headaches even though I've never actually seen it, but I though Antacids were for acid reflux or something? I was looking for like Nitroglycerin or something when I read the question, isn't that what you get for Angina?

This is a stupid quiz.
  11. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 14:01
    Originally posted by Kurtimus
    I still don't know the answer to the first question. Cortisone is a cream I think I've gotten for a rash before, and I know Aspirin is for headaches even though I've never actually seen it, but I though Antacids were for acid reflux or something? I was looking for like Nitroglycerin or something when I read the question, isn't that what you get for Angina?

This is a stupid quiz.
    Aspirin also 'thins' the blood and so make clots less likely. That's my understanding anyway.

I got 11 out of 12 but only because I thought they had only discovered evidence of liquid water during Mars's history. I did not count the polar ice caps as they are ice and I was totally unaware of ice under the rovers. Oh well.

--- Penguin
  12. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 00:18
    12/12 and none were particularly challenging.

I do find it interesting that 30-49 age group scored the highest. I would have thought that this is the sort of basic every day sort of knowledge that older people would have naturally acquired.

Men also scored significantly higher than women (8.1 to 7.4). Politically incorrect though it is to say, men do tend to be a bit more proficient at science.
  13. Wat?
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 16:48
    Originally posted by sh76
    men do tend to be a bit more proficient at science.
    I can just see all of the women on this site 'mentally' undressing you now. 😀

-m.
  14. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    06 Jan '12 05:46
    Originally posted by sh76
    Politically incorrect though it is to say, men do tend to be a bit more proficient at science.
    You are now more qualified than 99% of the population to be president of Harvard University.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '12 07:17
    Originally posted by mikelom
    I can just see all of the women on this site 'mentally' undressing you now. 😀

-m.
    Women are not as competative as men. They don't bother to be best in every challenge.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree