1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 23:16
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one.

George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

Ignorance is bliss
    Is there anything wrong with having a couple of beers once in a while? 😏
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 23:21
    Originally posted by humy
    atheism is not a religion and it is the absence of a belief that there is a god i.e. it is a disbelief and that disbelief is rational because it is based on the total absence of evidence that there is a god and thus the theory that there is a god should be disbelieved for the same reasons why we should disbelieve that there is a supernatural teacu ...[text shortened]... zor to guess why).

Plus: try looking up "religion" in any dictionary then come back to us.
    I have already went through that debate and proved it is a religion. So no need to go over it again with someone with no more intelligence than a piss ant. 😏
  3. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 00:35
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I have already went through that debate and proved it is a religion. So no need to go over it again with someone with no more intelligence than a piss ant. 😏
    I think there is one very BIG difference between religion and atheism , as an atheist I can admit that I could be wrong, religion rarely does.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 05:03
    Originally posted by OdBod
    I think there is one very BIG difference between religion and atheism , as an atheist I can admit that I could be wrong, religion rarely does.
    Why should one admit the possiblity of being wrong when one has faith in being right? That just proves a lack of faith. 😏
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 11:01
    Why should one admit the possiblity of being wrong when one has faith in being right? That just proves a lack of faith. 😏
    Another crux, faith. What a crock of shyte. You just believe anything some ahole said several thousand years ago without actually using your own brain, which I guess is just as well, since all your brain is good for is a hat rack.
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 12:01
    If anything points to religion being a crutch - a substitute for using the brain cells you were given to use for thinking - this is the classic. I must be right because I believe that I am.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 12:49
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    If anything points to religion being a crutch - a substitute for using the brain cells you were given to use for thinking - this is the classic. I must be right because I believe that I am.
    Well, you can choose to believe you are wrong if you want to. I, on the other hand, don't choose to do that. 😏
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 12:54
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Another crux, faith. What a crock of shyte. You just believe anything some ahole said several thousand years ago without actually using your own brain, which I guess is just as well, since all your brain is good for is a hat rack.
    Sounds like you are trying to compensate for your own lack of faith by declaring the grapes sour. Too bad. 😏
  9. Wat?
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 13:12
    Well, you can choose to believe you are wrong if you want to. I, on the other hand, don't choose to do that. 😏
    And who said arrogance is not a virtue? 😀 😀

-m.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 15:51
    Sounds like you are trying to compensate for your own lack of faith by declaring the grapes sour. Too bad. 😏
    I don't compensate for lack of faith, I revel in it.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 17:24
    I don't compensate for lack of faith, I revel in it.
    revel

to celebrate or enjoy yourself in a lively and noisy way, especially by singing, dancing, and drinking alcohol

http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/revel
  12. Germany
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 19:28
    If only trolling was bad for one's reproductive success.
  13. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 22:062 edits
    Happy Birthday to CHARLES DARWIN (12 February 1809 – 19 April 1882) 🙂
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 11:20
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    Happy Birthday to CHARLES DARWIN (12 February 1809 – 19 April 1882) 🙂
    It's party time!
  15. Wat?
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 13:36
    It's party time!
    Is there anything wrong with having a couple of beers once in a while? 😏

c.f. R J Hinds...... 😀 😀

-m. 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree