Is This a Scientific Fact?

Is This a Scientific Fact?

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

Moves
17 Mar 19
3 edits

Moves
18 Mar 19

Clearly explained in the movie Django unchained.
Leonardo DiCaprio explained how the African American skull has 3 bumps in the skull. Preventing common sense.
Scientific fact.
Movies don't lie.

MB

Moves
18 Mar 19

There is plenty of racism out there. Here is a website showing racism toward Australian Natives.

https://www.tremr.com/Duck-Rabbit/the-iqs-of-australian-aborigines

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
18 Mar 19

@Metal-Brain
Correct.
It clearly does.

The final paragraph;
As brain size is a significant determinant of intelligence
(Vernon et al., 2000), the smaller average brain size of the
Aborigines can be regarded as partly responsible for their lower IQ."

is a blatant lie. Brain size is not indicative of intelligence.

h

Moves
18 Mar 19
11 edits

Me speaking as a 'brown' writer here (half-caste), Of course there are many 'white' writers with racist views and many would claim that their so expressed racist views to be 'scientific'; no surprises there. But, just in case someone here would imply the contrary, note I see no evidence that the majority of 'white' writers or 'white' scientists are racist; quite the contrary. And note that when I say this, I am more 'brown' than 'white', AND I have several times been a victim of racism myself, so, just in case someone here would think the contrary, and at the risk of making myself sound slightly politically incorrect, it isn't as if I am trying to (biasedly) defend 'my own kind' in particular.
I merely note my observations of racism often going the other way i.e. racism against whites!

MB

Moves
18 Mar 19

@wolfgang59 said
@Metal-Brain
Correct.
It clearly does.

The final paragraph;
As brain size is a significant determinant of intelligence
(Vernon et al., 2000), the smaller average brain size of the
Aborigines can be regarded as partly responsible for their lower IQ."

is a blatant lie. Brain size is not indicative of intelligence.
"is a blatant lie. Brain size is not indicative of intelligence."

I agree.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Mar 19

@wolfgang59
Otherwise we would not stand up so well against Neandertals, eh since they have brains quite a bit larger than ours.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
18 Mar 19

@Duchess64

It is a fact that blacks score lower on IQ-tests.
It is also a fact that IQ-tests are very snsitive to culture and upbringing.

It is not a fact that People of any Skin colour are more "intelligent" tha those of others.

Racism in a lot of flavours is frequently encountered at RHP and in the scientific community...sadly enough.

w

Moves
18 Mar 19

@ponderable said
@Duchess64

It is a fact that blacks score lower on IQ-tests.
It is also a fact that IQ-tests are very snsitive to culture and upbringing.

It is not a fact that People of any Skin colour are more "intelligent" tha those of others.

Racism in a lot of flavours is frequently encountered at RHP and in the scientific community...sadly enough.
Despite the obviously faulty logic and lack of evidence, many racist ideas still propagate. Since there is no (modern-day) advantage to racist thoughts or actions, it makes you wonder why does it remain prevalent? Some would argue that racism is a biologically-programmed default behavior, and that the state of tolerance or acceptance must be trained/taught through personal examples and learned behavior.

D

Moves
18 Mar 19

D

Moves
18 Mar 19
1 edit

D

Moves
18 Mar 19

D

Moves
18 Mar 19

w

Moves
18 Mar 19

The post that was quoted here has been removed
As an individual you are better off hiring the best qualified candidate vs. the person with the most similar skin tone. As an individual you are better off treating every potential collaborator/friend/person as an equal vs. prejudgement based on skin tone/facial features. As an individual racism is counter-productive.

As a tribe (e.g. white people) your reality may exist. But that needs to be assumed/cultured before it can be advantageous. There is no individual advantage to racist thoughts/actions.

D

Moves
18 Mar 19
3 edits