Is This a Verifiable Claim?

Is This a Verifiable Claim?

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Moves
07 Jul 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @deepthought
Writing lots of posts is not the same as dominating a forum.
-just one of his many common confusions.

MB

Moves
07 Jul 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @deepthought
You are deranged. You confuse arguing about terms with logic and have thrown a complete tantrum when you didn't get your way. Writing lots of posts is not the same as dominating a forum. It's a bit of an odd thing to claim for one thing. You copy what you read from climate change denial websites and repeat it ad nauseam with no adaption to yo ...[text shortened]... me a liar because of the difference between sea ice and ice sheets. Take a look in the mirror.
You are still a liar. That is a fact that you can't deny. You have resorted to the same type of lying that humy has done countless times.
Your lying is proof of your desperation and failure. Now you call me deranged for exposing you for lying. I understand you have a hard time admitting you have failed miserably, but all the ad hominem attacks in the world will not change that.

I was very reasonable. All I asked is that you correct your false statements so we could continue with the debate knowing where you stood on the issue. Instead you foolishly denied your statement was wrong at all.

Anybody can see you are a liar by reading your posts. I'm sure you wish you could delete the evidence of your failure, subsequent lying and false claims that I copy only what I read on sites that never have denied climate change at all. When has any of them denied the ice age?
It is clear that you have been copy and pasting what you read on websites and using their idiotic terms like "climate change" instead of "global warming". I always know when a person is repeating propaganda when they use improper terms like you are. You have been reading too much false information and accepting it as fact. Your critical thinking skills are horrible.

The fact is that you lied to me, I didn't lie to you. FAIL!

MB

Moves
07 Jul 18

Originally posted by @humy
-just one of his many common confusions.
Is trolling all you can do? You have lied more times than I can count and I exposed you for it time and time again. I also proved you wrong more times than I can count.
Your bruised ego is not permanent. Get over it. Nobody forced you to fight losing battles.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
10 Jul 18

Originally posted by @metal-brain
You are uninformed. All that proves is there is global warming, not man made global warming. ...
Point for you. Since we agree there is global warming, what should we do? I vote f@ck ideology, let's figure how not to kill our planet. I guess you have a different plan. Let's hear it.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
10 Jul 18

^^^ This can't end well. Even he doesn't know what he thinks. He'll try to work it out on the fly, trying to save face.

MB

Moves
10 Jul 18

Originally posted by @apathist
Point for you. Since we agree there is global warming, what should we do? I vote f@ck ideology, let's figure how not to kill our planet. I guess you have a different plan. Let's hear it.
This warming trend started before the invention of the automobile. Nature is not trying to kill the planet. Furthermore, our planet survived the Pliocene Epoch. Look it up.

h

Moves
10 Jul 18
2 edits

This warming trend started before the invention of the automobile. .
some man made warming occurred from mass deforestation (more CO2) and increase in cow farming (more methane) before the invention of the automobile.
Nature is not trying to kill the planet.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
Furthermore, our planet survived the Pliocene Epoch
planet Earth will still be here no matter what we do and nobody is saying the contrary (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man) but we would still cause serious problems for our future generations if we all were as stupid as you.

MB

Moves
10 Jul 18

Originally posted by @humy
some man made warming occurred from mass deforestation (more CO2) and increase in cow farming (more methane) before the invention of the automobile.
Nature is not trying to kill the planet.
Furthermore, our planet survived the Pliocene Epoch
planet Earth will still be here no matter what ...[text shortened]... e would still cause serious problems for our future generations if we all were as stupid as you.
"some man made warming occurred from mass deforestation (more CO2) and increase in cow farming (more methane) before the invention of the automobile."

Wow! You must be really desperate to point to that fringe theory. What is your source of information? LOL!

w

Moves
11 Jul 18

apathist - since we agree there is global warming, what should we do about it?

metal brain - This warming trend started before the invention of the automobile. Nature is not trying to kill the planet. Furthermore, our planet survived the Pliocene Epoch. Look it up.[/b]
Your response may have been appropriate if he asked "when did the warming trend start?" Answer the actual question.

MB

Moves
11 Jul 18

Originally posted by @wildgrass
Your response may have been appropriate if he asked "when did the warming trend start?" Answer the actual question.
It is mostly from natural causes. You can't do anything about that. Nothing is the answer, but I'm not opposed to you folks conserving electricity and fuel if it makes you feel better. It is good to conserve.

Since some of you will not stop believing we are "killing the planet" I suggest you not support wars of option. It takes a lot of fossil fuels to run military aircraft and all that heavy hardware like tanks and all that. If they are not invading your country stay the hell out of it. More fuel for our kids and grand kids.

w

Moves
11 Jul 18

It is mostly from natural causes. You can't do anything about that. Nothing is the answer, but I'm not opposed to you folks conserving electricity and fuel if it makes you feel better. It is good to conserve.

Since some of you will not stop believing we are "killing the planet" I suggest you not support wars of option. It takes a lot of fossil fuels ...[text shortened]... ey are not invading your country stay the hell out of it. More fuel for our kids and grand kids.
It's a balance though. Are we really incapable of addressing the natural causes of climate change?

Even if our actions are just delaying the inevitable return of the barely life-sustaining Pliocene climate, isn't that better than simply ushering it in?

Why is it good to conserve if it's meaningless from an environmental standpoint?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
11 Jul 18

This warming trend started before the invention of the automobile. Nature is not trying to kill the planet. Furthermore, our planet survived the Pliocene Epoch. Look it up.
We know about some of the cycles that earth goes through. No one is suggesting that the fact our earth is currently warming means people must be the cause.

They suggest this because of a bunch of other facts.

MB

Moves
12 Jul 18

Originally posted by @wildgrass
It's a balance though. Are we really incapable of addressing the natural causes of climate change?

Even if our actions are just delaying the inevitable return of the barely life-sustaining Pliocene climate, isn't that better than simply ushering it in?

Why is it good to conserve if it's meaningless from an environmental standpoint?
Inevitable? Where is your evidence? The CO2 level is about the same, yet no where near as warm. Now you think we can we can address natural causes? How?

Conserving leaves more fossil fuel for other generations. If it makes you feel better from a non existent fear then fine. That is all.

MB

Moves
12 Jul 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @apathist
We know about some of the cycles that earth goes through. No one is suggesting that the fact our earth is currently warming means people must be the cause.

They suggest this because of a bunch of other facts.
"No one is suggesting that the fact our earth is currently warming means people must be the cause."

That isn't true. Sonhouse, humy, wildgrass, deepthought and many others suggest that. They have failed to prove it, but they suggest it.

h

Moves
12 Jul 18
10 edits

"No one is suggesting that the fact our earth is currently warming means people must be the cause."

That isn't true. Sonhouse, humy, wildgrass, deepthought and many others suggest that.
NO, NONE of us have EVER suggested that the MERE fact our earth is currently warming means people must be the cause. Try huge amount of man made CO2 and what the known basic physics says and what that known basic physics says is that, with all else equal, more CO2 logically SHOULD cause warming.
The observed warming merely confirms what the known basic physics says and we use it to show you are wrong because much if not most of that observed amount of recent warming cannot be explained by other known causes so CO2 must be the cause.

You are a perpetual LIAR.