Is This a Verifiable Claim?

Is This a Verifiable Claim?

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
28 Jul 18

Originally posted by @sonhouse
You have reading comprehension problems? Read it again.
"1) Depending on exactly how you measure the expert consensus, it’s somewhere between 90% and 100% that agree humans are responsible for climate change, with most of our studies finding 97% consensus among publishing climate scientists."
This is right on the front page of that report.
What is your problem admitting 8 BILLION humans pooping in our own garden is not going to cause problem?
No, you have memory problems!

This is the very first mistake you have made by relying on that skeptical science website. It led to me discrediting the link for posting false information. That moronic link got their information from the "consensus project". The consensus project is feeding people lies!
They don't provide their source of information because it does not exist and I proved that to you. This is one of the things I have to constantly remind you of because of your poor memory, yet you kept relying on that pathetic link again and again even after I proved it was bull crap!

Find the peer reviewed article and see for yourself you were lied to and duped. I will not post it for you again because you are more likely to forget it again as you have so many times before.

Seriously dude, I think you really might have the early signs of dementia. I'm not saying that to be mean or anything like that. I'm being very serious. You even forgot my educational level after I revealed it after so long being badgered by you and humy asking me. Either that or you didn't believe me when I told you all. Is that it? Do you think I lied and have a higher education than I do?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Jul 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @metal-brain
No, you have memory problems!

This is the very first mistake you have made by relying on that skeptical science website. It led to me discrediting the link for posting false information. That moronic link got their information from the "consensus project". The consensus project is feeding people lies!
They don't provide their source of information b ...[text shortened]... e me when I told you all. Is that it? Do you think I lied and have a higher education than I do?
https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

Here are a bunch of associations with the same message.

https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warming/science-and-impacts/science/scientists-agree-global-warming-happening-humans-primary-cause#.W1vGwjpKiUk

Of course if I shove too much info to you you freak out so here are just two of many. It must be me, I must have dementia after all.

MB

Moves
28 Jul 18

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

Here are a bunch of associations with the same message.

https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warming/science-and-impacts/science/scientists-agree-global-warming-happening-humans-primary-cause#.W1vGwjpKiUk

Of course if I shove too much info to you you freak out so here are just two of many. It must be me, I must have dementia after all.
Those associations are NOT climate scientists.

There are standards to meet here on the science forum. You are violating those standards with your poor reading comprehension and horrible critical thinking skills. Try reading your own links before posting them.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Jul 18

Those associations are NOT climate scientists.

There are standards to meet here on the science forum. You are violating those standards with your poor reading comprehension and horrible critical thinking skills. Try reading your own links before posting them.
So the Meteorolical association has nothing to do with climate science? They are on the NASA list.

Here is one with actual climate scientists but of course you will find some way to reject that one too:

http://www.climatecentral.org/what-we-do/our-programs/climate-science

This is a team of several climate scientists and the like.

MB

Moves
28 Jul 18

So the Meteorolical association has nothing to do with climate science? They are on the NASA list.

Here is one with actual climate scientists but of course you will find some way to reject that one too:

http://www.climatecentral.org/what-we-do/our-programs/climate-science

This is a team of several climate scientists and the like.
They are NOT climate scientists! Why are you so damn annoying? You just will not accept facts will you?

You are an ignorant fool who does not want to be confused with facts. You are much like Duchess, stubborn and obstinate.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
29 Jul 18

They are NOT climate scientists! Why are you so damn annoying? You just will not accept facts will you?

You are an ignorant fool who does not want to be confused with facts. You are much like Duchess, stubborn and obstinate.
Are you saying that the staff of Climate Central are not climate scientists or that the staff of the Meteorological association are not climate scientists?

MB

Moves
29 Jul 18

Originally posted by @deepthought
Are you saying that the staff of Climate Central are not climate scientists or that the staff of the Meteorological association are not climate scientists?
Who was polled? Not climate scientists.

Polling the ignorant isn't a proper consensus. Even sonhouse has complained that only climate scientists are qualified to have an expert opinion and I agreed. Now he has reneged on his own standards to argue it doesn't matter.

Global warming alarmists are hypocrites that violate their own standards and resort to lying. It is pathetic!

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
29 Jul 18

Who was polled? Not climate scientists.

Polling the ignorant isn't a proper consensus. Even sonhouse has complained that only climate scientists are qualified to have an expert opinion and I agreed. Now he has reneged on his own standards to argue it doesn't matter.

Global warming alarmists are hypocrites that violate their own standards and resort to lying. It is pathetic!
According to the abstract of the paper below, a synthesis of other studies, in studies of the opinions of climate scientists there was a 97% level of consensus. In studies including opinions of non-climate scientists there was a lower level of consensus. According to the study the level of consensus is correlated with the level of expertise in climate science.

http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/11/4/048002

MB

Moves
29 Jul 18

According to the abstract of the paper below, a synthesis of other studies, in studies of the opinions of climate scientists there was a 97% level of consensus. In studies including opinions of non-climate scientists there was a lower level of consensus. According to the study the level of consensus is correlated with the level of expertise in climate science.

You are deviating from the criteria. Even I accept that AGW is a factor and always have, but that is not what we are talking about here. This is about the main factor, natural causes or anthropogenic.

This is why I call alarmists dishonest. They are constantly trying to move the goal post to avoid inevitable failure. That is what you are trying to do now.

h

Moves
29 Jul 18
2 edits

your link says;

"...The consensus that humans are causing recent global warming is shared by 90%–100% of publishing climate scientists according to SIX INDEPENDENT STUDIES..." (my emphasis)

This is the best evidence directly contradicting Metal Brain's assertion (regarding what most climate scientists believe) I have seen to date.
No doubt he will continue to deny it.

MB

Moves
29 Jul 18

Originally posted by @humy
your link says;

"...The consensus that humans are causing recent global warming is shared by 90%–100% of publishing climate scientists according to SIX INDEPENDENT STUDIES..." (my emphasis)

This is the best evidence directly contradicting Metal Brain's assertion (regarding what most climate scientists believe) I have seen to date.
No doubt he will continue to deny it.
Wrong!

Where is the peer reviewed article that proves most climate scientists believe man is the main cause of GW?

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
29 Jul 18

You are deviating from the criteria. Even I accept that AGW is a factor and always have, but that is not what we are talking about here. This is about the main factor, natural causes or anthropogenic.

This is why I call alarmists dishonest. They are constantly trying to move the goal post to avoid inevitable failure. That is what you are trying to do now.
The first sentence of the paper is:
The consensus that humans are causing recent global warming is shared by 90%–100% of publishing climate scientists according to six independent studies by co-authors of this paper.
The only reasonable interpretation of that sentence is that humans are the main, if not the only, cause of global warming in the short term (i.e. of the order of a century).

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
29 Jul 18
1 edit

This is from section 2 of the paper:

Stenhouse et al (2014) collected responses from 1854 members of the American Meteorological Society (AMS). Among members whose area of expertise was climate science, with a publication focus on climate, 78% agreed that the cause of global warming over the past 150 years was mostly human, with an additional 10% (for a total of 88% ) indicating the warming was caused equally by human activities and natural causes.

K

Germany

Moves
29 Jul 18

This is from section 2 of the paper:
Stenhouse et al (2014) collected responses from 1854 members of the American Meteorological Society (AMS). Among members whose area of expertise was climate science, with a publication focus on climate, [b]78% agreed that the cause of global warming over the past 150 years was mostly human, with an addition ...[text shortened]... 88% ) indicating the warming was caused equally by human activities and natural causes.
[/b]
But how do you know it isn't a Deep State conspiracy?

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
29 Jul 18

Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
But how do you know it isn't a Deep State conspiracy?
Why the crepe would a state within a state (I assume that that is what deep state means) want people to believe in global warming if it didn't wasn't happening?