1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Jul '08 06:57
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I was refering to what I was taught--since our formative years encompassed the same period, my guess is we learned the same curriculum.
    In my Lutheran School days, we were not taught evolution at all, it never came up, although I did attend only from 1st grade to 8th grade. Not sure what year evolution is taught in puplic grade schools since I never went to one. Only got public schools in HS. Anchorage HS. They had no problem teaching evolution there. But it did seem odd in reflection that no mention was made of evolution, and I remember the principle, who was also the 6,7 and 8th grade teacher till he got kicked out, deriding evolution (mankind decended from apes, not on THIS planet kind of thing) but there was no evolution taught. I guess it makes sense, being a religious school.
  2. Sigulda, Latvia
    Moves
    11 Jul '08 10:23
    I read the article and I'm terrified. A friend of mine is going to USA for a year to study in 12th grade. I hope she returns well. ID in schools? C'mon! Some people even in university aren't grown up enough to decide what to believe. I think at school only completely logical, definable things should be taught and nothing that is in any way connected to religion. Want to learn ID? Go study theology.

Just my 0.02$.
  3. weedhopper
    Moves
    11 Jul '08 16:11
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    In my Lutheran School days, we were not taught evolution at all, it never came up, although I did attend only from 1st grade to 8th grade. Not sure what year evolution is taught in puplic grade schools since I never went to one. Only got public schools in HS. Anchorage HS. They had no problem teaching evolution there. But it did seem odd in reflection that ...[text shortened]... of thing) but there was no evolution taught. I guess it makes sense, being a religious school.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree