1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '14 22:38
    Originally posted by humy
    Financial incentive is only for those who need to worry about finances.

...which is the majority.
    Exactly, which means it simply keeps the average guy in his place.
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    27 Mar '14 09:15
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Exactly, which means it simply keeps the average guy in his place.
    So what are you trying to say here? That financial incentives to not waste energy must be just a conspiracy to keep "the average guy in his place" and therefore there should be no such incentive?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '14 15:271 edit
    So what are you trying to say here? That financial incentives to not waste energy must be just a conspiracy to keep "the average guy in his place" and therefore there should be no such incentive?
    I am saying that it is the result. Just think what the average guy could do if energy bills were cut in half, like they are for big business.

Greenies like you are duped individuals helping the super rich to keep the average person down.
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    27 Mar '14 15:41
    I am saying that it is the result. Just think what the average guy could do if energy bills were cut in half, like they are for big business.

Greenies like you are duped individuals helping the super rich to keep the average person down.
    I am NOT a "Greeny"! I am for nuclear energy (where and when it is economical ), for GM etc. and against much of what the extremest environmentalists say for being delusional and irrational. How would, say, artificially increasing the energy bill via a carbon tax help the super rich?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Mar '14 16:02
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Back of an envelope calculation shows that I'll save about 600kWhours
    of electricity in the kitchen per year. At 25c a unit that's $150. They
    cost me $180. So my break even is in about a year.

But the quality of light is so much better!
    And better for the environment - the led bulbs are easier to recycle.
    You are paying 25 cents per kilowatthour?
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '14 16:02
    I am NOT a "Greeny"! I am for nuclear energy (where and when it is economical ), for GM etc. and against much of what the extremest environmentalists say for being delusional and irrational. How would, say, artificially increasing the energy bill via a carbon tax help the super rich?
    I'm not a greeny because I don't belong to ELF, nice logic there buddy.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    27 Mar '14 17:16

My guess is I would do pretty much the same if my energy bill (which is less than USD 30/month) would be cut in half.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Mar '14 18:49
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    My guess is I would do pretty much the same if my energy bill (which is less than USD 30/month) would be cut in half.
    Well, when you use only enough power to charge your cell phone....🙂
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    27 Mar '14 19:543 edits
    I'm not a greeny because I don't belong to ELF, nice logic there buddy.
    Most "greenies" are not members of the Earth Liberation Front but still against nuclear, GM, etc. I have no more in common with the "greenies" than the average thinking person who disagrees with most of what they say -and I noticed I disagree even more than that average person! I should know -I met the boring git just the other day.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Mar '14 20:44
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You are paying 25 cents per kilowatthour?
    We pay up to 25c (that's NZ cents). Minimum of about 22c in summer.
    So between 19 - 22 US cents (?)
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Mar '14 00:541 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    We pay up to 25c (that's NZ cents). Minimum of about 22c in summer.
    So between 19 - 22 US cents (?)
    Wow, it's a good thing you don't have bad winters. We pay less than half of that here. And I still pay 250 bucks a month for electrons. And another 300 for gas. That is the 'budget' plan, every month all year round. 550 bucks a month just for those two bills. Then water gigs me another 180 bucks a month. Nice, huh? Telephone, internet, TV another 200 a month. house 1300 a month. Last month it was 1080. 200 bucks a month increase in one month. Increase in taxes, SO sorry about that Don. Oh yeah, then there is the 300 buck car payment, and 180 bucks a month for car insurance.

It totals about $3000 bucks a month before we get to do stuff like buy food.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '14 03:18
    When you need to budget for a family of 4 on a teacher's income you learn to learn to spend less. I'm still living in the house that I made payments on when I was bringing in less than 2k per month.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Mar '14 03:20
    Wow, it's a good thing you don't have bad winters. We pay less than half of that here. And I still pay 250 bucks a month for electrons. And another 300 for gas. That is the 'budget' plan, every month all year round. 550 bucks a month just for those two bills. Then water gigs me another 180 bucks a month. Nice, huh? Telephone, internet, TV another 200 a mont ...[text shortened]... r car insurance.

I do $250 for fire-wood a year too. 😀
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Mar '14 03:23
    Wow, it's a good thing you don't have bad winters. We pay less than half of that here. And I still pay 250 bucks a month for electrons. And another 300 for gas. That is the 'budget' plan, every month all year round. 550 bucks a month just for those two bills. Then water gigs me another 180 bucks a month. Nice, huh? Telephone, internet, TV another 200 a mont ...[text shortened]... r car insurance.

That is because the U.S. dollar is being inflated by the Obama administration and the Democrats to pay for Obama Care and other nonsense, like so-called green energy. Eventually, the government is going to have to let the energy companies charge more money so we can even have energy. Obama seems to be on a mission to destroy America's place in the world as a super power by continuing to bow to the wishes of the muslim kings.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Mar '14 06:12
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That is because the U.S. dollar is being inflated by the Obama administration and the Democrats to pay for Obama Care and other nonsense, like so-called green energy. Eventually, the government is going to have to let the energy companies charge more money so we can even have energy. Obama seems to be on a mission to destroy America's place in the world as a super power by continuing to bow to the wishes of the muslim kings.
    So Obama is deliberately keeping energy prices low so that energy companies can charge more money!

Brilliant.

Only RJH saw through the subterfuge.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree