1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '19 13:04
    This can shake the hold on Chinese rare earths and give the US a much cheaper version which can make a lot of technology cheaper, cell phones, loudspeakers, any kind of permanent magnet technology, hard drives and the like.

https://phys.org/news/2018-12-rare-earth-elements-georgia-kaolin.html
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '19 23:142 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jan '19 14:07
    @Duchess64

Funny, I was wondering how long it would take before you stuck your nose into it.
    The US didn't like the idea of China being able to hold the entire planet hostage to whatever prices the Chinese thought they could charge.
    And the really STUPID tariff war will end when the criminal Trump is booted or voted out of office, either through impeachment, which probably won't happen even if it is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt his guilt because of the way he has corrupted the entire system and now Democrats have a tiny hold on one half of congress and maybe in 2020 a lock on the senate also, the gist of that being the tariff's are short term, Democrats will kill ALL that corruption of world business and things will slowly go back to sanity.
    So for now Trump has the upper hand with his buddies in SCOTUS and the senate but that will not last. My sincere hope is the 2020 election cycle will end the Republican hold on the country and the right wingnuts will be out and sanity and normality will reign. Hopefully, 70 democrat senators to make democratic bills veto proof even if for some ungodly reason Trump *shudder* wins a second term.
    I don't think impeachment will be a good thing in the long run since that denies voters the ability to kick Trump out in 2020 but if the evidence becomes overwhelming even the Republicans will have to flip on Trump.
    But continue with your pro-China stance. China and by China I mean the present regime NOT the Chinese people are adversaries of the US and make no mistake about it, the militarization of the south China sea is provocative and a danger to the Philippines no matter how you want to slant it.
    And you never say a thing, which leads us to believe you condone it, the addition of tiny keylogger chips in computers designed by other countries but put together by Chinese engineers and if you think I am full of shyte about that, tell me where I am wrong.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '19 18:221 edit

5. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '19 18:264 edits

6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Jan '19 00:50
    @Duchess64

You assume too much. You know about the saying, assume makes an ass out of U and Me.

You ignore the fact I lived with a Thai family for 2 years, a monk in fact and had many meals with them and thoroughly loved being there and that family.
    But of course I am just a jingoistic racist so I am lying about all that and my multi cultural family too. I probably live in a Brooklyn tenement surrounded by white supremacists making plans for my next mass shooting, most likely in a black southern baptist church where I can show off my masculinity by killing a bunch of black babies.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '19 01:231 edit

8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Jan '19 15:231 edit
    @Duchess64

I know about the Japanese in WW2. You don't need to bring in what-about-himisms and you have ZERO idea of whom I hate and not. You put out BS thinking you somehow have won argument points when all you have done is to keep up with your one trick pony, sonhouse is evil.

You don't like to talk about what the Chinese did and are doing to their own people, paving over all that death with sonhouse is evil.
    You would also deny China and Russia are working together to the detriment of the US, China hacking into our natural gas supply and Russia hacking into our electric grid.
    I therefore assume you condone all of that and of course all you will come back with is another round of Sonhouse is Evil rather than actually addressing the issues I brought up.

The one I HATE and have always said so and should be readily apparent to even you, Trump is a criminal and actively doing Putin's bidding wittingly or unwittingly, he is causing havoc in the entire world politic, wants the US to pull out of NATO (Putin Dances) dissing our real allies (Putin has big parties) and making Kim Jon Un a world figure when the world knows he is a ruthless dictator with nothing but the idea of keeping his sorry ass in power, THAT is Un's bottom line no matter how many NK people starve.
    And, BTW, just piling on the one trick pony of your tactic, Sonhouse is evil, makes your true motives all the more obvious. You are not the only smart person here or in the world. Smart people, when having a certain POV, try to win arguments by what about himisms as an attempt to detract from the real issues and that is abundantly clear with you.
    You figure just keeping up with your one trick pony act you are somehow winning an argument when in fact all you are doing is showing the rest of us just how biased you in absolute fact, are.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '19 22:45

10. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    31 Jan '19 23:27
    Say, hows about them rare earth elements, right here in the U.S. of A...
    Well, whadaya know about that?
    Hoooo wee! Ain't that something?

Yep...
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 00:58

12. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 02:532 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    The high-density minerals in the Georgia kaolin mines are potential sources of rare-earth elements, including the heavy rare-earth elements that are in high demand for many important uses and are mostly imported to the United States from China...

It doesn't matter if it comes from China or anywhere else. If those rare earth elements were mostly imported from Elbonia the implication would be same... finding them here in the U.S. means less dependence on a particular foreign import.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 02:583 edits

14. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 03:19
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Is the USA ready to invest in building new facilities to process rare earths?
    If these facilities are not expected to be profitable, then will the US government subsidize them?

If the economy continues to improve, and shipping rare earths to China is not as profitable, then yes, it might be feasible.
    But if it's only possible as a government project subsidized by tax payer money, then no.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 22:19

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree