So can alopecia.
    You baldyphobe.
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 09:05
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    This is about the human mind and its foibles and the scientific interest in why OCD happens in religion, I think is a valid question, you have to agree there is OCD in some religions.

This is about obsession and religion is only one of the reasons for obsessions.
    You obviously don't see the irony here.

You happen to know the person starting this thread believes in God, so you automatically assume everything he says (or will say) has something to do with that belief. I've noticed how obsessed atheists can be when it comes to religion, but I was more than a little amused by the immediate responses to the OP in this particular thread...
  3. Joined
    17 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 22:37
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    You obviously don't see the irony here.

You happen to know the person starting this thread believes in God, so you automatically assume everything he says (or will say) has something to do with that belief. I've noticed how obsessed atheists can be when it comes to religion, but I was more than a little amused by the immediate responses to the OP in this particular thread...
    You hit the nail on its head. The Forum has sunk to such low levels.... now it's enough to start a new thread, and the mockery is right there without delay. It doesn't even make sense anymore.
    Sorry this is off topic now; I donno nothing about OCD.
  4. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    23 Jul '14 04:041 edit
    Originally posted by Flower04
    You hit the nail on its head. The Forum has sunk to such low levels.... now it's enough to start a new thread, and the mockery is right there without delay. It doesn't even make sense anymore.
    Sorry this is off topic now; I donno nothing about OCD.
    It went off topic right from the start, so you have nothing to feel sorry about.

The problem you've pointed out imo has more to do with a conflict of egos honed by years of mind raking arguments. It's probably impossible at some point in the life of any message board to start a topic and expect anything other than a continuation of some previous feud.

I've seen the same pattern emerge at other sites, so given how long this site has been in existence I'm not at all surprised to see how this mindset has blossomed here... lol
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    25 Jul '14 09:181 edit
    As an OCD sufferer who has struggled to cope with things that other people find easy, such as simple social interaction and routine disruption, I don't see any connection with religion or lack of it. It's a medical/psychological thing. It's a pity that the Science Forum has been so infected by "junk religion" such as creationism that we can no longer seem to stay on-topic and relevant.
  6. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Aug '14 00:30
    Kewpie,
    Do you mind sharing anything about your dealing with OCD?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree