28 Aug '11 12:591 edit
    Sorry, double post. Prease ignole.

Richard
  2. Joined
    23 Mar '06
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 18:01
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Erm... if I were you, I'd check your dates. Mendeleev died in 1907.

The most famous Soviet scientist was probably Lysenko. Good track record, that. He'd get along quite well with Dasa.

Richard
    What does Mendeleev's his death have to do with anything? He made very important advances in chemistry.

Don't forget Konstantin Mereschkowski, he proposed the theory of symbiogenesis that is widely accepted today.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    31 Aug '11 12:01
    Originally posted by mlprior
    What does Mendeleev's his death have to do with anything? He made very important advances in chemistry.

Don't forget Konstantin Mereschkowski, he proposed the theory of symbiogenesis that is widely accepted today.
    If he died in 1907 then he clearly wasn't Soviet.

Regardless, there were obviously many prominent Soviet scientists until Soviet science went into decline in the late 70s.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Aug '11 15:46
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    If he died in 1907 then he clearly wasn't Soviet.

Regardless, there were obviously many prominent Soviet scientists until Soviet science went into decline in the late 70s.
    I wonder what led the Soviets to doggedly pursue the multiple small rocket theme that led to the end of their moon program. NASA pursued the idea of smaller numbers of large rockets that won the day but the Soviet manned moon program floundered on those rockets that proved to be uncontrollable en mass.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree