1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    24 Aug '11 03:46
    A dead body is heavier than a live body because the soul is absent.

    The soul gives lightness to the body when the person is living.

    Since science have no answer for this they must accept the soul.

    I
  2. Joined
    10 Jun '11
    Moves
    3829
    24 Aug '11 04:50
    um, no. that's not correct physics at all.

    now, let's encourage you and assume that's what happens. not knowing a reason why doesn't mean it must be magic.
  3. .
    Joined
    06 Feb '10
    Moves
    6916
    24 Aug '11 09:25
    Originally posted by Dasa
    A dead body is heavier than a live body
    Surely this is tongue in cheek, but on the off chance it isn't answer me this : do you have any proof a dead body is heavier than a light body?
  4. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    24 Aug '11 09:46
    Originally posted by Dasa
    A dead body is heavier than a live body because the soul is absent.

    The soul gives lightness to the body when the person is living.
    I just realised this is the exact opposite of what other 'soul mass' proponents have claimed.

    Now if only we can capture enough souls in a jar, we could make flying machines!
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    24 Aug '11 14:34
    Originally posted by Dasa
    A dead body is heavier than a live body because the soul is absent.

    The soul gives lightness to the body when the person is living.

    Since science have no answer for this they must accept the soul.

    I
    I wondered what the next string your puppet masters at the Brisbane temple would pull.

    The BS level just gets deeper and deeper.

    You need to get a job with full benefits so you can afford the psychiatric help you desperately need.
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Joined
    09 Apr '10
    Moves
    14251
    24 Aug '11 15:25
    Snopes has this one covered:

    http://www.snopes.com/religion/soulweight.asp
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    24 Aug '11 18:33
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I wondered what the next string your puppet masters at the Brisbane temple would pull.

    The BS level just gets deeper and deeper.

    You need to get a job with full benefits so you can afford the psychiatric help you desperately need.
    Cheating science has no answer for this......why?

    They are the self acclaimed keepers of the truth so why do they not know?

    The answer has been given but cheating science will reject the answer because cheating science is also atheistic science.

    Atheistic science is dishonest science because it is biased science.

    True science cannot be biased.

    Biased science is not science at all.

    Person supporting cheating science are dishonest.
  8. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3081
    24 Aug '11 19:09
    An obvious troll is still active on a science forum. Atheist science can't explain that either.
  9. In your face
    Joined
    21 Aug '04
    Moves
    55993
    24 Aug '11 19:22
    Originally posted by Dasa
    A dead body is heavier than a live body because the soul is absent.

    The soul gives lightness to the body when the person is living.

    Since science have no answer for this they must accept the soul.

    I
    'A dead body is heavier than a living one'.

    Where do you get this from?

    I am of the thinking that a dead body is actually lighter than a living one, as people tend to empty their bowels when they expire. Ignoring this fact though and taking the weight of the ejected matter into account, has there been such an experiment? Is it a well known scientific fact? Has an experiment been set up to weigh the before and after states of various people?
  10. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3081
    24 Aug '11 19:40
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    'A dead body is heavier than a living one'.

    Where do you get this from?

    I am of the thinking that a dead body is actually lighter than a living one, as people tend to empty their bowels when they expire. Ignoring this fact though and taking the weight of the ejected matter into account, has there been such an experiment? Is it a well known scientific fact? Has an experiment been set up to weigh the before and after states of various people?
    There was an experiment in the early 20th Century that purported to show that bodies lose (not gain) a small amount of weight after dying, apparently due to their soul leaving the body. However, the results of the experiment could not be reproduced in subsequent experiments. The results of the experiment still persist as an urban myth.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul#Weight_of_the_soul
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    24 Aug '11 20:32
    The point I am making is that science will not submit to authority.

    They reject authority because they believe falsely they are the authority.

    When it comes to origins they have no authority because of dishonesty.

    The dead body is heavier because when the soul is present in the live body by its all pervading spiritual energy it gives lightness to the body.

    Because the soul is the living force the dead body lives.

    Without the soul the body will not live.
  12. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3081
    24 Aug '11 20:45
    Originally posted by Dasa
    The point I am making is that science will not submit to authority.

    They reject authority because they believe falsely they are the authority.

    When it comes to origins they have no authority because of dishonesty.

    The dead body is heavier because when the soul is present in the live body by its all pervading spiritual energy it gives lightness to the b ...[text shortened]... se the soul is the living force the dead body lives.

    Without the soul the body will not live.
    Are circular reasonings an essential aspect of your religion?
  13. In your face
    Joined
    21 Aug '04
    Moves
    55993
    24 Aug '11 21:25
    Originally posted by Dasa
    The point I am making is that science will not submit to authority.

    They reject authority because they believe falsely they are the authority.

    When it comes to origins they have no authority because of dishonesty.

    The dead body is heavier because when the soul is present in the live body by its all pervading spiritual energy it gives lightness to the b ...[text shortened]... se the soul is the living force the dead body lives.

    Without the soul the body will not live.
    Allelujah brother.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    24 Aug '11 22:09
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Are circular reasonings an essential aspect of your religion?
    I think he doesn't care about such details as logic. Science didn't submit to authority.

    In this case, he means HIS authority, the "authority" of his god of the month religion.
  15. Joined
    10 Jun '11
    Moves
    3829
    25 Aug '11 00:01
    Originally posted by Dasa
    [b]Cheating science has no answer for this......why?
    they don't have an answer for it because it's not true!

    even if it was true and they didn't have an answer for it, it doesn't mean it's magic. it means they would have to continue studying the phenomenon to find the answers.
Back to Top