1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    08 Apr '14 14:01
    http://phys.org/news/2014-04-method-humans-neanderthals-interbred.html
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12738
    08 Apr '14 21:141 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://phys.org/news/2014-04-method-humans-neanderthals-interbred.html
    Neaderthals are humans, you numbnuts!

    For decades after the initial discovery of their bones in a cave in Germany in 1856 Homo neanderthalensis was viewed as a hairy brute who stumbled around Ice Age Eurasia on bent knees, eventually to be replaced by elegant, upright Cro-Magnon, the true ancestor of modern Europeans.

    Science has long since killed off the notion of that witless caveman, but Neanderthals have still been regarded as quintessential losers—a large-brained, well-adapted species of human that went extinct...

    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/10/121012-neanderthals-science-paabo-dna-sex-breeding-humans/

    If they were not human they could not have interbred. They used to say the Jews and the Negros were not human, but it turns out they can interbeed with the rest of the humans.
  3. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    08 Apr '14 21:232 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Neaderthals are humans, you numbnuts!

    For decades after the initial discovery of their bones in a cave in Germany in 1856 Homo neanderthalensis was viewed as a hairy brute who stumbled around Ice Age Eurasia on bent knees, eventually to be replaced by elegant, upright Cro-Magnon, the true ancestor of modern Europeans.

    [b]Science has long since killed o ...[text shortened]... -science-paabo-dna-sex-breeding-humans/

    If they were not human they could not have interbred.
    such unassailable logic is scarce in these forums R Jonah Hinds, I have discovered that its not a science forum at all, but a nest of alchemists! I think their leader is Humy, probably a covert acronym for the primitive elements, fire, air, earth and water!
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    625
    08 Apr '14 21:533 edits
    This thread is for people that are interested the in science, not people who have no curiosity nor interest in science and are only here for a religious agenda against science.
  5. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    09 Apr '14 07:103 edits
    ok kidz, the gigs over, out ya go! 😀
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    09 Apr '14 12:28
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Neaderthals are humans, you numbnuts!

    If they were not human they could not have interbred. They used to say the Jews and the Negros were not human, but it turns out they can interbeed with the rest of the humans.
    Yes, we know that. You are totally right.

    If the title would be "Proof Neandertals and Cro Magnons interbred", would that be better?

    I have evolved from the Cro Magnon line of the humanoid branch of evolution. At some point in time hundred of thousands of years ago, Neandertals and Cro Magnons diverged into two separate branches. they could still interbreed, so of course they were the same specie. Giving the two branches another 100,000 years, they might becom inter-breedable, who knows, the Neanderthals died out and aren't with us anymore.

    So if you read in "Cro Magnon" instead of "humans", then do you agree with the article?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12738
    09 Apr '14 14:43
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Yes, we know that. You are totally right.

    If the title would be "Proof Neandertals and Cro Magnons interbred", would that be better?

    I have evolved from the Cro Magnon line of the humanoid branch of evolution. At some point in time hundred of thousands of years ago, Neandertals and Cro Magnons diverged into two separate branches. they could still in ...[text shortened]... more.

    So if you read in "Cro Magnon" instead of "humans", then do you agree with the article?
    You have devolved.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    10 Apr '14 00:25
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You have devolved.
    You have dissolved.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    10 Apr '14 04:12
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You have devolved.
    Even when I agree with you, you insult me.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12738
    10 Apr '14 20:27
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Even when I agree with you, you insult me.
    That is not an insult. We all have devolved, including me.

    There is no natural evolution for the better, only adaptation to a point, at best. Evolution requires design change, which always requires the input of new information from a Designer.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    10 Apr '14 20:33
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That is not an insult. We all have devolved, including me.

    There is no natural evolution for the better, only adaptation to a point, at best. Evolution requires design change, which always requires the input of new information from a Designer.
    You wrote "you have devolved", not "we have devolved". If you don't to be insulted, then stop immediate to insult others.

    Evolution is at work as we speak. No god is necessary. This is science, and evolution is a part of science. Talk about a Designer belongs in the Siritual Forum, as it is spiritual and not science.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12738
    10 Apr '14 21:48
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You wrote "you have devolved", not "we have devolved". If you don't to be insulted, then stop immediate to insult others.

    Evolution is at work as we speak. No god is necessary. This is science, and evolution is a part of science. Talk about a Designer belongs in the Siritual Forum, as it is spiritual and not science.
    So in your opinion, talking about the design and designer of a computer, a car, a television or anything else that man designs and makes is not science. I on the other hand believe it is necessary to talk about it to properly understand science
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    11 Apr '14 06:321 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So in your opinion, talking about the design and designer of a computer, a car, a television or anything else that man designs and makes is not science. I on the other hand believe it is necessary to talk about it to properly understand science
    What has that to do with anything? Of course there are human designers to design a computer, a car, a television or anything else man-made. Or did you really think that these objects need a supernatural being to do that?
    Science deals with phenomena within nature. Science doesn't deal with supernatural beings, gods, or some fuzzy universal intelligence. That's what religion is for. If you want to discuss god, then go to spiritual forum and discuss it there. Because it is not science.
    [/i]Originally posted by RJHinds[/i]
    This forum is to discuss and debate science not religion.

    Didn't you now and then, whine over people discussing things in the wrong Forum? Why don't you whine over yourself, doing exactly the same thing? Are there rules for you, and some other rules for others? Who do you think you are? God?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12738
    11 Apr '14 07:14
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    What has that to do with anything? Of course there are human designers to design a computer, a car, a television or anything else man-made. Or did you really think that these objects need a supernatural being to do that?
    Science deals with phenomena within nature. Science doesn't deal with supernatural beings, gods, or some fuzzy universal intelligence. ...[text shortened]... thing? Are there rules for you, and some other rules for others? Who do you think you are? God?
    I don't want to discuss religion here. But it is clear that some things in nature appear designed and the most obvious conclusion is that it takes intelligence from a mind to design something.

    Science is the search to gain knowledge of the seen and the unseen. So to automatically rule out the possibilty that something in nature was actually designed by a designer without investigation and proof is being biased toward a certain belief system.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    11 Apr '14 07:24
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I don't want to discuss religion here. But it is clear that some things in nature appear designed and the most obvious conclusion is that it takes intelligence from a mind to design something.

    Science is the search to gain knowledge of the seen and the unseen. So to automatically rule out the possibilty that something in nature was actually designed by a designer without investigation and proof is being biased toward a certain belief system.
    "I don't want to discuss religion here."
    Then why do you? Are you crazy?

    "something in nature was actually designed by a designer"
    And a few lines further you are still discussing religion. (*sigh*)

    Of course, scientifically, no designer is needed of what we see in nature. This is the Science Forum so if you really want to object to this, I suggest you move to the Spiritual Forum and discuss it there.
Back to Top